Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Imperator: Rome - the new grand strategy from Paradox

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Unholy union of CK2 and Rome and EUIV.
Desire to see more intensifies.
Will not buy if I will not be able to have incestous relationships and wed 12 year old daughters of important Senators

Is it wrong that I always use incest to solve my problems in CK2? “Uh oh, my female cousin is making a play for my crown, better seduce her... uh oh, my sister is making a play for the crown, better seduce her... uh oh, my mom wants to put my brother on the throne, gulp, better seduce her... fuck, my sister found out about my cousin and my wife found out about my sister and the pope found out about my mother, time to put down a rebellion.” The seduction button is more trouble than it’s worth.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Is it wrong that I always use incest to solve my problems in CK2? “Uh oh, my female cousin is making a play for my crown, better seduce her... uh oh, my sister is making a play for the crown, better seduce her... uh oh, my mom wants to put my brother on the throne, gulp, better seduce her... fuck, my sister found out about my cousin and my wife found out about my sister and the pope found out about my mother, time to put down a rebellion.” The seduction button is more trouble than it’s worth.
Worked well IRL
Tutankhamun-tomb-525480.jpg

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Worked well IRL
Tutankhamun-tomb-525480.jpg

Hey, practically the whole world is monotheistic today. Tut’s daddy Akhenaten was clearly onto something big. Although maybe it says something unfortunate that the father of monotheism is also the father of that.

Bocian

Arcane
Battle Tactics:
Choose your approach before battle to counter the stratagems of your foes.
Jesus, finally. How many years did it take to finally implement this? Now fingers crossed that it'll actually make some difference and the battle will be more than terrain modifiers and fucking dice rolls.

Yeah, the game starts five minutes before Ipsus but expect to eventually Make Asia Great Again as Cyrus and Build the Wall as Hadrian.

Rahdulan makes a good point though. Let's hope you won't have to wait for years in order to have fun with anyone not named Rome.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Holy shit, a diadochi grand strategy!? Sign me up, hetairoi.

Hey Agesilaus look!

Thanks, this is great news. In the thread about Paradox announcing two new games this month, I was very tempted to post "EU: Rome 2" as a joke. Glad it's actually going to be a reality, although let's hope it turns out better this time around.

450AVC start date? Looks like Agis IV and Kleomenes III will have a second chance! Spartan revolution imminent~

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I looks like a mod. It will be bare bones at release. Also i noticed that it have a new mana bar at the top,the first three are from EU4,but the fourth one looks mysterious.

catfood

AGAIN
I'm not terribly optimistic but this is my favorite time period so I can't wait to not physically remove it from an inventory. Hopefully the dacians will be playable by the 6th DLC.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
character managment - ck2

populations - vicky 2

battle tactics - stellaris

military traditions - eu 4

gov types - hoi 4

barbs rebellions - eu 4

trade - eu 4

prov improvement - eu 4

NOTHING NEW HERE

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I'm not certain that this apparent nuclearity of provinces is that good of a design decision in the logn run.
Sure it's great for historical nuance and all, but in terms of management it will either be mad annoying or on auto-pilot. And since they probably won't propose much more than ck2 or eu4 in terms of military management (which could give it some extra purpose), i'm not sure how it will turn out.
Unless it's there to support a mechanic similar to ck2's domain limit, maybe tied with a province governor system. If we can modify province borders for instance, then I'd see the point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom