Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Where is the kreken? Do you mean the thing in the temple in undercity?
No he means the kraken near sayuka sakuya rauatai town, underwater dungeon.
:whatho:
There was a battle there?! I take it he disabled the machine then?! I did as god said,it did make sense and aligned well with my believes.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Is the family feud quest in tikitaka timed, bugged or simply lame?

Barabara family head tells me to find evidence of Valera conspiracy against her. I unveil konspiracy in the Gullet, then fuck off and sail for a few days. I return, tell her of konspiracy and say that Valeras want to negotiate. She says "mkay go tell them imma negotiate".

so i go to valeras and they are liek 'zomg we have dudes storming the barabara vault plz go help them'

i get to choose either from 'nop u die now' or 'ok' and then the barabaras turn hostile as i enter their mansion and yell 'have at thee traitor'

wut

edit: and finally chief barabara says "lololo dat was very unsubtle of u, u big fat failure :^)"
If you reveal to ''Bardata'' that the Valeras are indeed ploting against her (heist or else), this will prevent any kind of negociations.
If you want them to make peace, you need to work on that directly after the dual between the two sons.
I revealed the plot to the Bardattos and could still make peace between them.
It's just hidden under another dialogue option which is like "So about the feud..." or something.
PS: Use Spoilers!

Well I did the same.

"Yo niggaz there's konspiracy."
"Oshi we better prepare u wanna join in?"
"Uhhhh maybe not yet. Btw valalas wanna negotiate."
"Mkay go tell them we agree."

hop hop hop outside inside up the stairs

"Yo niggaz..."
"NO TIME TO CHAT YOU GOTTA SAVE OUR BROS"
"Uhm..."

so either something got b0rk3d or there's another factor at work there like passage of time

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
There are CYOA see monsters, other than that, nope.

Overall, ship-stuff is where the game most visibly lacks content and depth. You pretty much don't need to upgrade your ship at all for most of the game, as the starter ship is enough to clear out most of the bounties until you get to the ones who are on galleons. Just put 4 imperial cannons on it and since the thing is very quick, you will easily outmaneuver the slower ships in combat.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
There was a battle there?! I take it he disabled the machine then?! I did as god said,it did make sense and aligned well with my believes.
I didn't savescum to check different outcomes, and I played with meta info off, so I couldn't tell for sure.
What I can say is what I did to have it show up
didn't break the machines (I didn't even have the option to, was wondering what the fuck they were supposed to be about), and made galawain angry. He then released the kraken, like the super cool god he'd want to be.
Since this dungeon is about the 4 monsters of the book "bestiary of deadfire archipelago", and since - I think - there are three machines, and that the whole story is about how they create a monster from another etc...
I wonder if destroying one, two or three of these little machines doesn't pop a different beast because of magic power supply reasons or something.
I doubt that they'd put 2-3-4 unique monsters in the same location, and have the player choose which one he wants to meet, because it seems to be incompatible with their design logic (max content in one run yeah)
But at the same time, they made it possible to miss the kraken to begin with, so I guess it's possible.

I find it weird that they talk about these 4 monsters but only show one. Then again the kraken makes sense since they already had the model and animations.

Last edited:

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
so either something got b0rk3d or there's another factor at work there like passage of time
I'm fairly sure another factor here is if you
killed the conspirators in gullet or not. I did and there was no vault robbery (duh) and we went straight to negotiation.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm fairly sure another factor here is if you

but i did kill them all... :negative:

o wait no i only left the womyns alive

though she said she'd get the fuck out of tikitaka iirc or something to that effect

DeepOcean

Arcane
that's a shame, this d&d session was starting real fun then the autistic dm, seemingly utterly devoided of any creativity and probably out of embarassment off his own incapacity to actually interact with players instead of character sheets, put an end to this original predicament.
Dude, I wouldn't waste my time and creativity, worse, for free, to entertain any special snowflake like this, if the whole group is willing to just make silly characters and go on a nonsense romp, fine, if the other players want to play seriously and you don't, be sure I will dump your ass on a horse penis pit as soon as I have the opportunity.

The best I would do, is to try to use my creativity to humiliate your character on all kinds of cruel and imaginative ways for the entertainment of the other players.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Anyway, did anyone get into Black Isle labirynth? Any good loot there? I couldn't be arsed going through it since I only found it right when I was about to finish the game already.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
If there's a dude who wants to play something radically incompatible with what everybody else wants to play, to the point that he actually makes his character this way and disregard the type of game he's supposed to take part in, obviously we're in total agreement.
That's a whole different matter though. The dude is either stupid or a cunt, here.

Anyway, did anyone get into Black Isle labirynth? Any good loot there? I couldn't be arsed going through it since I only found it right when I was about to finish the game already.
Wael's scepter, casts mirror image on hit or 50% health. Didn't really look at it because iirc one of its abilities was bugged (0% 0.00sec bug)

2house2fly

Magister
If someone is doing what they're allowed to do by the rules of the game and you're bitching about it, seems like they need a better DM

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
There's rules and rules.
I had situations where a player would be so goddamn fan of himself, he wouldn't even realise how much space he took during the game. Ignoring my comments about this on a few sessions.
With cunts, it's legit - and even more so really much a duty at this point - to kill the character and tell him to fuck off.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
that's a shame, this d&d session was starting real fun then the autistic dm, seemingly utterly devoided of any creativity and probably out of embarassment off his own incapacity to actually interact with players instead of character sheets, put an end to this original predicament.
Dude, I wouldn't waste my time and creativity, worse, for free, to entertain any special snowflake like this, if the whole group is willing to just make silly characters and go on a nonsense romp, fine, if the other players want to play seriously and you don't, be sure I will dump your ass on a horse penis pit as soon as I have the opportunity.

The best I would do, is to try to use my creativity to humiliate your character on all kinds of cruel and imaginative ways for the entertainment of the other players.

Hold up. We call it LARPing when people play pretend in a CRPG because there’s supposed to be in-game mechanics to handle the role playing aspects. But when you do this stuff in a tabletop session, it’s just role playing. That doesn’t necessarily mean making stupid, gimped characters. AFAIK, though, you’re not playing seriously unless you make some kind of character and stick to that character. I hope by silly vs seriously you just mean serious characters vs willful retards, and not that the role playing aspect is unserious.

Naturally, anyone who tries to derail in an idiotic way needs to be punished in the most inventive way possible.

Curratum

"Finally gave up" after a week and a half. You have to literally wait months for it to go out of early beta, then wait a bit more for balancing.

But will the 55% off deal on the Obsidian edition that I got it for still be around by then?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
fun fact: if you have negative rep with delver's row crimefolk, the street merchant that sells drugs will refuse to talk to you

(shame it's the only one that does that though)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also gaem is now giving me reactions to stuff from white march despite me having never played white march

IHVGZh.png

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yeah I also paid asassin to help fellow arachnofriend. And all I got was that illithid t-shirt for -10% on all his old goods

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom