Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warriors Orochi 4 - when you really need that Yukimura on Zhao Yun action FAST

Who are you saving yourself for?

• Three Kingdoms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warring States

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Da Ji

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I pondered whether to open a new thread or not, but what the hell. You may already know that new Warriors Orochi was announced some time back,

but recent series of translated tweets seemingly confirm it's also coming to PC at a later date alongside PS4 and Switch. Let's hope it's not a case of mistranslation of JAP-only release.

Among the 170 playable characters, there will be 5 brand-new ones.
The new enemy is Zeus, and the 5 new playables are teased to be from the Twelve Olympians (eg. Athena or Poseidon)
A Parthenon-styled new stage is also confirmed.

Say goodbye to collab characters like Ryu Hayabusa in this game.
The reason why KT don't include them is because they want to go back to the roots and depict an even deeper relationships between Sanguo (Chinese Three Kingdoms) & Sengoku (Japanese Warring States) eras

new Divine Technique action system consists of
-Divine Weapons: If equipped will let you unleash new Divine Techniques
-Deification: Some key characters will have altered looks & enhanced actions after some point in story

Orochi is still a key figure
-Orochi & Orochi X can both appear simultaneously
-Moveset is still the good ol' charge system (eg □□△)
-Still has a 3-man party
-There will be a feature like a Free Mode

They're still considering on how to support Joy-Con share play on Switch, because there wouldn't be enough buttons [on a single Joy-Con]
They aim to release WO4 this Fall (this should be for PS4 & Switch)

Sorry, Divine Weapon was a translation mistake. 神器 is Sacred Treasure, which is equipped separately from weapons and also has different Divine Technique effects depending on the item equipped. Sacred Treasures also have own types separate from chara types (Power etc)

-[Due to the memory reset] The ally & enemy groupings will be renewed
-Furusawa-P wants to have a story development like "Orochi vs Orochi X"
-There will be online & offline (split) co-op multiplayers
-Game is about 50% done as of this batch

-WO4 dev started about 1.5 years ago, from end of 2016; worked in parallel with All-Stars
-For Orochi series, they'll squeeze down the title lineup while adding more chars

-Story supervisor is Yoshitaka Murayama (of K*n*m*'s Suikoden fame)
-[Despite Olympians' appearances] it doesn't mean the story will focus on Western mythology
-Unlike the DW&SW heroes, the mystics confirmed don't lose memories of what happened in past series

Suikoden? In MY Musou game? :bounce:

Tehdagah

Arcane
The reason why KT don't include them is because they want to go back to the roots and depict an even deeper relationships between Sanguo (Chinese Three Kingdoms) & Sengoku (Japanese Warring States) eras
Because people play Musou games for the story.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
but recent series of translated tweets seemingly confirm it's also coming to PC at a later date alongside PS4 and Switch. Let's hope it's not a case of mistranslation of JAP-only release.

http://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/new...-A-New-Arsenal-Of-Magic-In-Warriors-Orochi-4/

KOEI TECMO America is proud to officially announce today that Warriors Orochi 4, the latest instalment in the one-versus-thousands action game series, will be released across North America in Fall 2018 for the PlayStation®4 Computer Entertainment System, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and digitally on Windows PC via Steam®.

Terra

Cipher
I'm assuming that Koei is still too cheap to dub anything that isn't Dynasty Warriors (not that 9 was any good in that regard either.)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I would say it's for the better, voice localization for Japanese games (particularly these ones) tends to be bottom of the barrel quality. Even if in case of Warriors it was kind of funny and charming for its badness.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Because people play Musou games for the story.

I play them for the atmosphere.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Meh. The core Warriors game have been on serious decline for a while... Sengoku Basara is much more interesting gameplay-wise, focusing on totally unique characters and levels, not hundreds of characters and levels that feel samey.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Meh. The core Warriors game have been on serious decline for a while... Sengoku Basara is much more interesting gameplay-wise, focusing on totally unique characters and levels, not hundreds of characters and levels that feel samey.

Maybe, but... you know. Capcom doesn't exactly like western fans with that series.

:negative:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
No, it's western gamers who are stupid and didn't buy enough Sengoku Basara 3 and made Capcom sad!

:flamesaw:

Which is BULLSHIT, that game is easily one of the Top 3 best "Warriors/Musou" game ever made.

mogwaimon

Magister
Capcom shot themselves in the foot with that one with poor branding (Devil Kings) and skipping entries/expansion packs. I personally prefer the Musou series overall but Basara has much cooler character designs while making each character unique, problem is my only option to play in English is the outdated Basara 3 (no Utage) or the butchered Devil Kings. So I have to (((import))) for the best experience.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Warriors Orochi 3 was one of the best games in the entire "Warriors" series, and I got totally addicted to the PS3 version while I was, as they say, "between jobs" and was working on getting Platinum trophy until I got a decent PC and lost all interest whatsoever in the PS3 generation of games.

Unfortunately, the quality of PC ports in this series have all been anywhere from disappointing to horrible, suffering from massive deadzones in the joystick due to to weird DINPUT support (Dynasty Warriors 8), downgraded graphics compared to PS4 releases (!) (Samurai Warriors 4-II and maybe DW8), and absolutely abysmal performance issues and no bugs fixed at all since release (Dynasty Warriors 9; the tutorial gets the A and B buttons mixed up, and you will be stuck if you don't realize it)... so I am sure this port will be lousy in some way. :/

mogwaimon

Magister
Yea for some stupid reason Koei was porting the PS3 versions of their games to Steam instead of the PS4 versions for a while so we on PC got worse textures and no Soft Engine for DOA for a while. That does include DW8, by the way, but the PC version is still slightly better than the PS4 version since PC has much better performance. Still, Koei will never make PC a priority so I'm glad I picked up a PS4 for their games.

Of course, Koei is also porting Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate to the Switch but all PC has for the Orochi series is WO4 and an old port of JP-only Warriors Orochi Z, so if you absolutely refuse to get a console for whatever reason but enjoy these games you get shafted hard.

newtmonkey

Arcane
I still hang onto my PS3 just for Demon's Souls, Sengoku Basara 4, Mortal Kombat (9) (it is banned on Steam in my country), and the Koei warriors games ;_;

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom