Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Imperator: Rome - the new grand strategy from Paradox

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.gameimperator.com

https://af.gog.com/game/imperator_rome?as=1649904300

ss_8b32a69cf8ce998426baed5a4a647053053ca25d.jpg

ss_9124af361cb473e498355a216142944ef3fd130e.jpg

Alexander. Hannibal. Caesar. These great men and dozens like them shaped the destiny of a continent. Mighty kings, clever generals and would-be gods made their mark on the ancient Mediterranean. Around this sea, close knit nations tested their mettle and virtue against each other in fierce combat, their cultural and political legacy now inseparable from what we understand as Western Civilization. But nothing was guaranteed. Can you change the course of history in Imperator: Rome?

Imperator: Rome is the newest grand strategy title from Paradox Development Studio. Set in the tumultuous centuries from Alexander’s Successor Empires in the East to the foundation of the Roman Empire, Imperator: Rome invites you to relive the pageantry and challenges of empire building in the classical era. Manage your population, keep an eye out for treachery, and keep faith with your gods.

Imperator: Rome’s features include:
Character Management:

A living world of characters with varying skills and traits that will change over time. They will lead your nation, govern your provinces and command your armies and fleets. We also introduce our new, more human-like character art.

Diverse Populations:
Citizens, freemen, tribesmen and slaves - each population with its own culture and religion. Whether they fill your armies, fill your coffers or fill your colonies, keep an eye on their happiness - your success depends on their satisfaction.

Battle Tactics:
Choose your approach before battle to counter the stratagems of your foes.

Military Traditions:
Each culture has a unique way of waging war. Romans and Celts have different options available to them. Unlock unique bonuses, abilities and units.

Different Government Types:
Manage the senate in a Republic, hold your court together in a monarchy, answer to the clans in a tribal system.

Barbarians and Rebellions:
Migrating barbarians may sack or settle your best land, while disloyal governors or generals can turn against you - taking their armies with them!

Trade:
Goods provide bonuses to their home province. Will you take advantage of stockpiles for local strength or trade excess goods to spread the wealth around?

Provincial Improvement:
Invest in buildings, roads and defences to make your kingdom stronger and richer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Paradox finally about to make a game that might genuinely be called great? Took them long enough.

And Athens better be a democracy. A REAL democracy.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
So unlike EU:Rome there are no vacant provinces, everything is filled with some shitty One Province Tribe? I wonder how expansion and migration will be handled?

I'm still trying to figure out the start date. PC Gamer mentions the glory days of Athens but PC Games News says it's 302 BC. Which one is more trustworthy?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Imperator: Rome > Crusader Kings > EU IV > Victoria 2/3 > HoI 4 continuous game, anyone?

Challenge is to not own the entire world by the end of Crusader Kings :lol:

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Really cool, I just think when Paradox will release Rome Total War non retarded edition? I dream with a strategy game with proper battle mechanics like line depth, unit cohesive defensive retreat, unit cohesion, discipline, and cavalry not being retarded rolling tanks. Really wanted a game where I could reprisal Hannibal tactics and not with retarded simplistic mechanics.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Long overdue. I just fear we're in for untold number of expansions in order to make everyone that's not Rome properly playable.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Unholy union of CK2 and Rome and EUIV.
Desire to see more intensifies.
Will not buy if I will not be able to have incestous relationships and wed 12 year old daughters of important Senators

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom