Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Mikeal

Arcane
ykAPjuROQHXBklWZ7mWAfBbRKlN_lXMMPr-WP4SUams.jpg

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Really vague, non-technical rambling in that video, but the idea has merit at least.
I just replayed Star Fox: Assault for the first time in a decade today, and the music brought me straight back to my childhood, so I feel strongly about this. It has a top-notch, flamboyant, extremely memorable orchestral soundtrack, and it really makes me long for more game music with the same amount of expressiveness.
You could skip to any point in this video (before 54 minutes, which is when the multiplayer remixes start) and get swept away by the band. The remixes are mostly good too; that's just beside the point.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

What in the everloving fucking fuck is this?!?

(INB4 Infinitron moving this post, and all posts related to the video, over to the Adventure Game sub-forum.)

Within 90 seconds of starting the video I predicted the gist of it: Bash Sierra, Praise LucasArts, barely mention Anything Else Adventure Game-related in Passing, Praise Telltale.

Guess what? Except for the "Anything Else" section actually being decent and featuring a nice set of examples, and the presence of a bit at the end about more modern "narrative games" (read: Walking Simulators) I was right on the nose.

This is not a retrospective of an adventure game and it's influence upon the genre (and beyond). No, this is Someone Pushing an Agenda. Except the Agenda is (at best) bogged down in personal bias and a lack of "I was there"-perspective. Statements are made that have little to no basis in reality. Vital facts are ignored. LucasArts's cock is thoroughly sucked dry, while Sierra's is barely stroked. The Secret of Monkey Island is used in this video as a shield to hide behind while flinging shit at almost everyone else trying to make Adventure Games after 1987, for daring to defile the Sacred Games of LucasArts. (No guesses as to who's the exception.)

It would not surprise me in the least if Korgoth of Barbaria shall be later revealed to be behind this video. It reeks of his postings.

Max Edge

I don't know what is idea of this thread, but I assume I'll like it.
Post game related stuff. News, memes, articles, videos, images, etc. That's how I always saw it anyway.

So I post there my favorite mod to Neverwinter:

1321414783fullres.jpg

https://neverwintervault.org/comment/1933

Beware the path you travel friend, we have lost one brother to the warp already.

Tell me this story.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Korgoth is a Sierra fanboy though. Unless he's dissociated! Think of all the glorious shitposting he could accomplish then!

Really? The impression I keep from him is that he's a LucasFan through and through. Apologies if he isn't one then, but I'm tired of seeing this "war" being fought about whether Sierra or LucasArts was better (and why). It's a done-to-death topic, and yet far too many people seem to keep spouting the same half-true rhetoric.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom