Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BATTLETECH - turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe, honest question: wasn't Kiva the "Lead Designer" of Battletech. If so, didn't Kiva had a saying in the story?

Lead Designers don't do everything in a game. For example the lead designer of PoE2 is Bobby Null and most Codexers probably don't know who that is. He wasn't in charge.

The Project Lead of BattleTech was Mike McCain.

Cael

Arcane
Maybe, honest question: wasn't Kiva the "Lead Designer" of Battletech. If so, didn't Kiva had a saying in the story?

Lead Designers don't do everything in a game. For example the lead designer of PoE2 is Bobby Null and most Codexers probably don't know who that is. He wasn't in charge.

Well, then. According to Infinishill, Kevin is completely blameless in everything because he is just a title with no responsibilities. It is ALWAYS someone else.

What a cushy job. I wonder who Kevin had to fuck to get that one.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Listen to Infinitron before you embarrass yourselves. Truth is no one knows what many games industry jobs entail, how far their responsibilities reach, or even if there's any consistency across different studios. Office environments love bestowing generic self-important titles. Cael, how would you like to be Assistant Director of Executive Services here at the Codex? ArchAngel can be Senior Adviser, PanteraNera can be Senior Coordinator, and I'll be the Lead Administrative Analyst alongside 17 other leads.

Fredward

Scholar
Haven't finished the story yet but I was wondering whether Victoria didn't have her brain fucked with like with what happened to Otto. The writers clearly weren't unaware of how she came across, you even have the option of telling her she sounds like a cartoon villain. It'd explain her having the complexity of a pitbull but it's probably not a justifiable inference based off the content we have.

Kamea and Mastiff are also writ EXTREMELY LARGE though so maybe its a creative choice cuz it's not something the other characters share.

I'm also irked by the overuse of italics people don't speak like this.

SR:HK took the stage direction a bit far sometimes but it was definitely preferable.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Listen to Infinitron before you embarrass yourselves. Truth is no one knows what many games industry jobs entail, how far their responsibilities reach, or even if there's any consistency across different studios. Office environments love bestowing generic self-important titles. Cael, how would you like to be Assistant Director of Executive Services here at the Codex? ArchAngel can be Senior Adviser, PanteraNera can be Senior Coordinator, and I'll be the Lead Administrative Analyst alongside 17 other leads.

It seems clear to me that Kiva Maginn had an outsized influence on this game, but being some kind of BattleTech lore nerd, I think if anything he would have been pushing to make the story more complex.

Mitch Gitelman is a former AAA guy, a man who was hated for years for his role on the 2007 Shadowrun console game - making BattleTech's story a dumbed down fairy tale is totally him.

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is impossible to know who was responsible for what in such a large team, except the ones at the top, who called the shot or appointed people.
I met some teams whose lead designer was an intern, so the exact responsibilities can vary a lot depending on the team.

Cael

Arcane
Listen to Infinitron before you embarrass yourselves.
Stop trying to make me laugh. You are not even close to being funny enough.

Truth is no one knows what many games industry jobs entail, how far their responsibilities reach, or even if there's any consistency across different studios. Office environments love bestowing generic self-important titles. Cael, how would you like to be Assistant Director of Executive Services here at the Codex? ArchAngel can be Senior Adviser, PanteraNera can be Senior Coordinator, and I'll be the Lead Administrative Analyst alongside 17 other leads.
If it means working with bullies like Infinishill, I reject the offer with extreme prejudice.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus guys. Everybody and their mother know that MECH of anykind will not be the war vehicle of the future. People like it because it is COOL not because it makes sense or someshit.

Realistic wars in any future will done by 10 meter cubic metal boxes having 4 missiles each controlled by nerd thousand of feet away, or even automatically controlled by AI through machine learning or someshit. And the counter to that is most likely another 10 meter cubic metal boxes also having 4 missiles each also controlled by nerd thousand of feet away or more likely will be automatically controlled by AI through machine learning.

Its the most boring shit ever. Now leave me and my mech fantasy alone.

Cael

Arcane
Gotta love the ducking and jiving.

Obviously, certain people don't know how complex projects with multiple workstreams tend to be run. It is actually all there in the credits, neatly divided into different sections, each with its project/team lead. But... it is not their fault, according to Shillarytron. Truly Shillarytron's idea of how a project is run means that the leads of different teams within the project has absolutely no responsibility or accountability for their team's performance in achieving its goals. The blame lies with the programme director instead.

What a great new method of project management that has been revealed to us. We must call up every university we know and reveal to them this new and incredible project management methodology! Forget RACI charts. Forget PMBOK or PRINCE2 or Agile or any other project methodology you know or have heard of! We should all convert to the Infinitron-HBS (I-HBS) methodology! It is the best thing ever because it doesn't matter what you do or how you perform, the guy up top is the one getting it up the arse! BRILLIANT! How could such a superbly intelligent method fail?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

McCain is listed as "Game Director, Art Director." But there are 5 people listed as project leads.

I was using "Project Lead" as a synonym of "Game Director". He's the boss of the project, in theory. But yes, none of those other leads was Maginn either. :M
Soooo the faggot tranny boss of a story driven game doesn't know what is going on with story and just stamps random shit.....yeah and mysteriously turns out a faggot tranny game.

Bohr

Arcane

unintended consequences: this voice selector is only possible so soon because it hijacks the pronoun selector functionality (which has made certain people upset)

Callyste's portraits are certainly an improvement on some of the existing ones (and there's a Frank Castle in there)

ArchAngel

Arcane
So the new 1.03 patch is downloading for me. Half of the patch notes are some achievement fixes. It is nice to see that Inflamatron's girlfriend knows what is the priority
:timetoburn:

almondblight

Arcane
I was using "Project Lead" as a synonym of "Game Director". He's the boss of the project, in theory.

Not sure why you think that, I seriously doubt McCain is overriding Gitelman, since Gitelman is his boss (the studio was founded by Jordan and Gitelman). Jordan, his other boss, is Executive Producer. Executive Producer makes it sound like Jordan wasn't _too_ involved, but then again Gitelman was Executive Producer on SR:HK, where he was one of the co-Directors (and Jordan has acted like he's been pretty involved in Battletech). I don't know how involved Chris Klimecky (listed as "Lead Producer") was, though it's worth noting he was a producer for HK but not Dragonfall.

imweasel

Good to know I made the right decision by selling my kickstarter backer key on Ebay (for a small profit even). Fuck these SJW cucks.

No more Jew Gold for these Jews.
:keepmyjewgold:

Thane Solus

Arcane

unintended consequences: this voice selector is only possible so soon because it hijacks the pronoun selector functionality (which has made certain people upset)

Callyste's portraits are certainly an improvement on some of the existing ones (and there's a Frank Castle in there)

Thats good cause since 70% of pilots currently are black or some kinda of mudlisms and what not, cause incloosivity...

Cael

Arcane

Thats good cause since 70% of pilots currently are black or some kinda of mudlisms and what not, cause incloosivity...

No. Callyste's portraits are an improvement because the females are actually females, not crossdressing males and the males are real males, not trannies trying to look male.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

No. Callyste's portraits are an improvement because the females are actually females, not crossdressing males and the males are real males, not trannies trying to look male.

Only improvement could make play this sjw shit is the dev studio going in flames with all the devs locked in :martini:.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom