Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Latelistener

Arcane
Which character should I choose for a second walkthrough?
I completed the game once as a non-combat Loremaster, choosing House Aurelian (and killing Agatoth).

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Which character should I choose for a second walkthrough?
I completed the game once as a non-combat Loremaster, choosing House Aurelian (and killing Agatoth).
How the hell did you manage to kill Agatoth as a non-combat loremaster? Weakening him with the medical vial then bombs?

Anyway if you went non-combat I would go imperial guard or combat praetor.

Latelistener

Arcane
How the hell did you manage to kill Agatoth as a non-combat loremaster? Weakening him with the medical vial then bombs?

I don't really remember, but I think there was an option to blow up the whole thing along with Agatoth. I definitely didn't do combat.
Thanks, I'll consider that.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012

I don't really remember, but I think there was an option to blow up the whole thing along with Agatoth. I definitely didn't do combat.
Thanks, I'll consider that.
Oh, yeah, overloading the fusion reactor with lore and crafting to destroy the temple (and with enough skill in both manage to do it without getting caught in the blast).

Latelistener

Arcane
Oh, yeah, overloading the fusion reactor with lore and crafting to destroy the temple (and with enough skill in both manage to do it without getting caught in the blast).
Thanks to Steam Cloud the game actually still has my old saves, so...

i9Lc.jpg

j9Lc.jpg
And that was probably a mistake letting that thing run amok. I wonder what they're trying to do.

k9Lc.jpg

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So I heard rumours of these sunfire mods which restore cut content all sorts of other goodness that some carebear was bitching and whining about recently. That sounded absolutely fabulous, but I've installed Sunfire's mod from http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=51u3dddiac2rr3h4kee07ks383&/topic,7451 here, but when I enter character creation I don't see a Veteran background alongside drifter etc.

I assume this means I've buggered it up somehow and the mod isn't working right? I used winrar to merge the .AOD archives with the mod files, maybe that was the issue.

Fixed on re-merge. Got the GUI to appear, assume my other asset merges work so hopefully this works on the new patch it's supposedly untested for.

hivemind

rating_citation.png

It's just a retarded generalist statement. I'm critting once or twice per turn before even getting out of teron with a shitty merc > IG dagger build

Garrafào

Barely Literate
So, i just finished a god run and i want to know, did we become a god or did we simply get the powers of a god?
From what i understood in the mental battle the invader was eaten, right?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
You've absorbed its essence and in the process became something much more (and less) than a human but not quite a god.

You've absorbed its essence and in the process became something much more (and less) than a human but not quite a god.
By going through that route, do you think that you reached the power of the dreamer?

And by the way, was the dreamer just crazy \ did his human mind lose control \ or whatever?

the_shadow

Arcane
Good question. I initially thought the person in the Abyss was one of the 7 gods who was being held in stasis, but now I'm not sure.

Vault Dweller

Developer
By going through that route, do you think that you reached the power of the dreamer?
No. First, different god - different power. Second, the dreamer possessed the husk for a long time, so his changes to the human body are much more extensive than yours.

And by the way, was the dreamer just crazy \ did his human mind lose control \ or whatever?
The creature in the Abyss is not a god but his human host who was driven mad by the experience. The host retained some of the god's power even after the ritual was reversed and connection severed. If you pass the perception check in that chamber, you'll find hidden notes:

[success] “...something went very wrong here. Athazor is gone, yet the host retains his abilities and continues to manifest them. The range appears to be vastly reduced – it is down to about a mile now – and the manifestations are weak and random, but the implications are interesting. All this time, we’ve been operating under the assumption that the abilities are not transferable...”
“We’ve disabled three transformers to induce coma, yet the manifestations remain, leading to speculation that Galath – or what was once Galath – does not control or even understand his new abilities. Like a newborn’s mind in control of an adult body, he is unaware of what he can do, yet he is still able to control it with his mental impulses. Given time...”

The rest of the contents are illegible, but what you have discovered is definitely interesting. According to legends, one of the three High Lords was able to shape reality to his will. Could this Galath-Athazor, this freakish hybrid of man and some unknown other, be the Dreamer Gla'ath-Zor to whom the histories referred?

First, thanks a lot for your reply. I've never surpassed the dreamer's check, it seems, or I just forgot to look around enough. Thanks.

1) This thing about different god --> different power is explained somewhere? Because I always thought they had different "experiences" and "knowledge" but the powers were all the same.
The analogy that comes to my mind would be to a big pond of fish. From that pond (via ritual) you extract the fish (god) and you may take a bigger one or a little one.

2) The guy with Meru, am I wrong or is he a magi?

Some silly questions:

3) While I found the content in the Arch interesting, I was wondering if you planned to "add" more and you simply cut features you had thought about.

4) When you try to destroy the pyramid, am I wrong or Agathoth fully knows it?

5) Did you think IG playthroughs for hybrids? There is a lingering trail where you've got many choices, but the ability to choose from either seems really perfected to make a hybrid shine. Maybe it's just my paranoia.

Vault Dweller

Developer
1) This thing about different god --> different power is explained somewhere? Because I always thought they had different "experiences" and "knowledge" but the powers were all the same.
Everything is explained somewhere but the info is often hidden in seemingly unrelated stories and thus easy to miss. One story, for example, split in two parts. Cassius tells you how the story starts and the storyteller in Maadoran tells you how the story ends. The player isn't told that it's the same story, so I'm not sure how many have made the connection.

While the beings themselves had the same powers and abilities, the human bodies couldn't channel them and do what the 'gods' could. They had to be modified (the same way you modify your own body in the god ending but on a much bigger scale) and the modification and the abilities that come with it reflects the god's preferences.

2) The guy with Meru, am I wrong or is he a magi?
There are no magi left. Faelan is a descendant of someone who was exposed to the gods' powers and survived the experience (similar to how you acquire Mindshield). As a rule, anything that happens to the player character can and did happen to other people. Essentially, he's a talented hypnotist and his ability is very limited.

3) While I found the content in the Arch interesting, I was wondering if you planned to "add" more and you simply cut features you had thought about.
The Arch was always meant to be an 'oracle' location: you sacrifice people and get cryptic answers (cryptic because you lack information to fully understand the answers). During the development we decided to add an option to have a longer conversation if you acquire a proper suit in Al-Akia. We've never planned to let you actually enter as we lacked resources to make this plane visually interesting.

4) When you try to destroy the pyramid, am I wrong or Agathoth fully knows it?
He's aware.

5) Did you think IG playthroughs for hybrids? There is a lingering trail where you've got many choices, but the ability to choose from either seems really perfected to make a hybrid shine. Maybe it's just my paranoia.
In a sense, yes. Since it was a combat path, we added more non-combat options to spice things up a bit but without removing the focus on combat. It worked very well, so you'll see more of this design in The New World.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom