Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

Astral Rag

Arcane
inb4 STALKER Royal or whatever the next multiplayer fad may be.

giphy.gif

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Stalker 1 was popamole shit with tunnel based gameplay after 10% of the game or so, I can't remember. After a bit of realism, you were thrown against hordes of stupid enemies. Didn't work for me. At least in Far Cry's there's no realism to begin with.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Most of the key staff that developed the first game is gone from GSC yeah but as some have pointed out the cult following of the series in easter Europe is huge and they might be able to get a pretty good team well versed with the lore and setting
If they are announcing this now means they must have started development at least for six months, so let’s wait to see what they come out with

Raapys

Arcane
This will probably turn into console-infested garbage with zero atmosphere and terrible gameplay. But a man can hope.

waterdeep

Learned
sorry but this game cannot be good in this current era, I'll be damn surprised if it isn't some non-hub based open world popamole game with vehicles and multiplayer.

Plisken

Learned
sorry but this game cannot be good in this current era, I'll be damn surprised if it isn't some non-hub based open world popamole game with vehicles and multiplayer.

so exactly like what STALKER was intending to be anyway before budget and time constraints got in the way?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Grigorovich is a kind of ukrainean Peter Moulinex.
I bet guys from GSС arrived at their work and discovered hey are developing STALKER 2.
And here's a legendary screenshot, from credits saying thanks to their quality ontrol team
CT8xodPWUAAlBu-.jpg:large

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Oh, it's even better.
1. They got a e-mail about their domain expiration
2. They remembered they HAD this domain
3. They decided to extend this domain
4. If they extended it, why not announce STALKER 2.
DdRM6qwW4AASUV2.jpg:large

Anyway, after Cossacks 3, which had THE VERY SAME BUGS Cossacs 2 had and was a blatant cash grab shovelware I expect STALKER 2 to be deathmatch-battle-royale with lootboxes and other shit.

S.T.A.K.E.R. was famous for A-Life, an AI system that constantly analyzed the world and reacted to the player's actions.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 will have A2018-Life, an enhanced version of this AI, utilizing the most powerful features of machine learning to analyze the player's computer and room (via webcam and microphone) to most precisely target them in Facebook and Google advertising campaigns. Do not be surprised when after Day 1 purchase, you are suddenly bombarded with tranny ads.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
With Unreal Engine im doubtful that they will recreate magical atmosphere from original Stalker series. Unreal Engine 4 is very clean and sterile engine. I would be much more hyped if this game was developed by 4A Games, not only they have better talent, more manpower but also they developed Metro series which is very good, and they are definitely more capable than GSC to bring us worthy continuation. GSC Game World last game are Cossacks 3 which is pretty bad from what i heard, didnt played it.

Cossacks 3 was released 20 september 2016, probably they started working on Stalker 2 after Cossacks release. Im cautiously interested, definitely not hyped.

Metro 2033 is not 'very good'. In fact, it sucks horse donkey.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom