Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

Cael

Arcane
People thought Cleve was crazy for years before some blessed soul uploaded those penisaur concept sketches. Regardless, the validity of Monty's lawsuit is irrelevant. Only drama generated via sanctimonious posting on the Codex matters here. I hope you find this explanation satisfactory and include it in your report to the meme police.
Not in the slightest. I will have to recommend that you be barred from making memes as you do not meet standards.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I thought you were an Aussie, not a Brit. How does one acquire a license to meme?

Cael

Arcane
I thought you were an Aussie, not a Brit. How does one acquire a license to meme?
By filling out Work Permit 4565.32 in triplicate, and then a Development Application 957S in triplicate, and turn up at the local council with three forms of ID totalling 120 points. After that, it is a 6 month process where you will be interviewed, psychologically examined, interviewed another 4 times with different parties with vested interests wherein your work will be accessed to see if it meets standards before your application is kicked up to the Minister for Communications. If he endorses your application, you then have to go through a legitimate work application agent and he will guide you through the rest of the application. Current wait times from filing the first Work Permit to getting the permit is about 2 years and would cost you about $6,400 plus $1,000,000 in a surety bond to ensure your standards do not drop below acceptable level.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
By filling out Work Permit 4565.32 in triplicate, and then a Development Application 957S in triplicate, and turn up at the local council with three forms of ID totalling 120 points. After that, it is a 6 month process where you will be interviewed, psychologically examined, interviewed another 4 times with different parties with vested interests wherein your work will be accessed to see if it meets standards before your application is kicked up to the Minister for Communications. If he endorses your application, you then have to go through a legitimate work application agent and he will guide you through the rest of the application. Current wait times from filing the first Work Permit to getting the permit is about 2 years and would cost you about $6,400 plus $1,000,000 in a surety bond to ensure your standards do not drop below acceptable level.
Very.....german.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I just noticed this:
Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 11.38.14 AM.png

JFC what is happening here.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
'nother placeholder post to say: There is no thread about any given topic that Blaine can and will not turn into an argument about something marginally relevant. Never change, Inceldex.

Page Count: I'm on page 17 rn, fyi, tbh.

Haven't read anything in this thread so far.

Hey wtf. That's MY line from like 10 years ago at The Order, mahfacka! Nobody here gon' know, eh? EXCEPT ME!

Last edited:

set

Cipher
On the bright side, Chris is now free to freelance? I'm glad he was able to keep his ability to write for RPGs - that kind of stuff is riduculous, but it's actually stupidly commonplace in many industries. Hopefully we'll see more good writing get spread around the industry a little, instead of being bogged down in remarkably uninteresting RPGs (I find PoE2 to be rather mediocre and I've already regretting making a purchase of it...).

For me, characters like Kreia are crminially unrepresented in video games. Such a fun viewpoint. I'd like to see such creativity elsewhere in the industry.

Developer
On the bright side, Chris is now free to freelance? I'm glad he was able to keep his ability to write for RPGs - that kind of stuff is riduculous, but it's actually stupidly commonplace in many industries. Hopefully we'll see more good writing get spread around the industry a little, instead of being bogged down in remarkably uninteresting RPGs (I find PoE2 to be rather mediocre and I've already regretting making a purchase of it...).

For me, characters like Kreia are crminially unrepresented in video games. Such a fun viewpoint. I'd like to see such creativity elsewhere in the industry.

Thank you, and yes, now freelance - it allows working on a wider-range of projects, which I think will help my game writing (and also, I can apply elements I've learned on RPGs and apply them to new genres).

no, you should have chosen Eric.

That was well-played, sir. My reaction to this was far more humorous than when I heard the same response the first time. (I wasn't mad when I heard it, though, I was more like, "why did we waste all this time pretending we had a choice?")

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom