Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
Also Infintron just so you know it's better to retardo threads than to put them into GD.
Better to just leave it be,it is 30minutes/2 pages of friendly banter and the thread is back on the rails. No point in cutting it off.

Parabalus do i have to upload the pics again? Still i do agree that the game is around 40-50 hours on average gameplay. I never said that the game is 20 hour on average. I finished it for 28 hours in the save counter,but i played for 60 exploring different quest lines and the reactivity of the game.

You played the game for >>60<< hours and complain about it being too short and having no content?
:nocountryforshitposters:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I trust Josh about no content being altered because of VO. People who believe in this conspiracy theory probably don't imagine how much work it can be to cut something. It can take more time than it took to make it, and time is something you are desperately short on.

Josh has said everyone rates content as they make it as either A, B or C. A is essential content that if cut shows something going seriously wrong somewhere; B is middle-of-the-road content that isn't critical, but will be felt if cut or the game will be worse off without it; and C is trivial fluff that is nice to have, but is easily cut without fuss. This means they can cut content more easily than just going through it all and deciding what to cut and what not. Guess which one was it for the companions if their content was indeed cut.

Reinhardt

Arcane
It's time to pick side

zswtvm.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I trust Josh about no content being altered because of VO. People who believe in this conspiracy theory probably don't imagine how much work it can be to cut something. It can take more time than it took to make it, and time is something you are desperately short on.

Josh has said everyone rates content as they make it as either A, B or C. A is essential content that if cut shows something going seriously wrong somewhere; B is middle-of-the-road content that isn't critical, but will be felt if cut or the game will be worse off without it; and C is trivial fluff that is nice to have, but is easily cut without fuss. This means they can cut content more easily than just going through it all and deciding what to cut and what not. Guess which one was it for the companions if their content was indeed cut.
I'm not talking about priorities. I'm talking about dependencies and cases that need to be covered - the case where the player does X, and something relies on something that has been cut, what do we do? This is what makes cutting content difficult. And with companions, especially difficult.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Companions could use some cutting in terms of VO and dialogue, the more cringey parts.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not talking about priorities. I'm talking about dependencies and cases that need to be covered - the case where the player does X, and something relies on something that has been cut, what do we do? This is what makes cutting content difficult. And with companions, especially difficult.

I think they can see the interconnected nodes, at least that's what I think having seen how they write the dialogue, so there's no confusion what affects what. This is speculation on my part, though. Unless you mean it's some really convoluted web of consequences, but I'd think that is rare.

AwesomeButton

Patron

I think they can see the interconnected nodes, at least that's what I think having seen how they write the dialogue, so there's no confusion what affects what. This is speculation on my part, though. Unless you mean it's some really convoluted web of consequences, but I'd think that is rare.
It's more complicated than that.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
I'm playing as crusader and my paladin part disfavor stoic options. And i have maxed stoic, because there is many times where the only sane option is to stand silent.
Didn’t you realize that battle-hardened warriors with appropriately non-toxic levels of testosterone act like flamboyant girls? What were you thinking?

The Nameless One said:
If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can. I’ve seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil hag's heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when he did not. Once, it made a man seek immortality and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it is something more than a part of me.

The Watcher said:
tl;dr lol

duanth123

Arcane

That's a vague hypothetical and assumes the VO decision wasn't made much earlier in development and then revealed as some marketing ploy.

Either way, POEII, Ekera I say, definitely feels like it missed a polishing pass w/r to the writing.

Mazisky

Magister
Guys i need your help.

Generically speaking, how do you increase penetration or lower enemy one?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom