Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rage 2 from Just Cause devs

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Anyway, it's nice that they are going to resolve the story of Rage because everyone wanted a conclusion to that. I could not sleep.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Really can't say I'm a fan of the tonal shift, reminds me of Watch Dog 2's. Also I highly doubt id are developing this. If they did, their logo would be all over the trailer.

My first thought: This look like Rage with a Watch Dogs 2 color coating. And ugly people.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Not interested. They've probably repurposed the Id Tech engine from TNCuck to make another lousy shooter with stealth kills and finishing moves. Enemies will attack 2-3 per fight at most so a console gamer wouldn't feel challenged, felt incompetent and therefore, bored. Oh, I'm sorry, to not cause "breaking the flow". Barrels, lots of red HL2 barrels placed behind enemy backs. Cars will also be like red barrels, explode in one shot.
>le Open-world
Go here, wipe this raider camp and get an epic royal purple gun as a reward.

Are you still thinking this gonna be a good game guys?

It looks like you might be able to create your own character. What an odd choice of music in that trailer, the first RAGE had so much potential.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Is it a prequel that shows us how the world ended? Because the trailer contained apocalypse inducing amounts of cringe.

lightbane

Arcane
Ugh, that trailer was disgustingly ugly.

How can they fuck up something as simple as Mad Max?

Zlaja

Arcane
Huh...the trailer makes the game seem like Mad Max meets Splatoon. Or "Mad Max drives straight into Splatoon and gets Splatoon's intrails all over himself" maybe I should say.

Vexxt

Educated
I'm a glass-half full kind of guy -

So, at least there is a lot of different areas, rather than just desert wasteland like Mad Max. Looks like nuDoom wrapped in the world of Mad Max.

Curious enough to want to see more -

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Choppy framerate and narrow FOV aside, that actually looks pretty fun and hectic. Environment looks pretty varied too, not as dry and dull as the first game.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They should gift this to everyone who bought first game at full price, seeing how it was nothing more then 4 hours long tech demo.

Cross

Arcane
Why on earth would you choose pink of all colors when advertising an FPS?

As for what little gameplay that trailer shows, it looks like your typical modern military FPS with some sort of boost jump thrown in, which makes the 'outrageous' marketing all the more dumb.

Last edited:

PanteraNera

Arcane
Why on earth would you choose pink of all colors when advertising an FPS?

Probably for the same reason things like this are made:
8500111049_a212279791_o-1.jpg

To attract wyman and faggots?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom