Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Infinitron Doting Fraternity

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Infinitron is on the receiving end of daily abuse here. Even before stepping up as EiC (presumably because nobody else was willing and he's the hero we needed), he'd consistently been singled out for harassment with ethnic slurs and unfounded conspiracy theories concerning bribery and favouritism. He's endured all of this hate for the grievous crime of posting news - a thankless, payless service he returns to provide daily out of love for video games and the Codex.

In his first hundred days, he has brought incline to glorious Codexia by replacing that dumbass Vogel's shovelware subforum with a prestigious Piranha Bytes one, creating a drama subforum in order to segregate game discussion from discussion outside the game, increased our force projection through strategic foreign intervention, brought peace between the Avellonians and Sawyerites, and built a wall while making the Watch pay for it.

He MADE CODEX GREAT AGAIN.

Resist the fake news you've been subjected to, look at the results of his policies, and post something nice about him. He earned it.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
I am currently in the process of legal immigration and can neither confirm nor deny existence of the promised land.

Bohr

Arcane
Where would we be without Infinitron? DU is a low energy person. For him to get things done is hard.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
97gLDhS.jpg

Morkar Left

Infinitron is on the receiving end of daily abuse here. Even before stepping up as EiC (presumably because nobody else was willing and he's the hero we needed), he'd consistently been singled out for harassment with ethnic slurs and unfounded conspiracy theories concerning bribery and favouritism. He's endured all of this hate for the grievous crime of posting news - a thankless, payless service he returns to provide daily out of love for video games and the Codex.

In his first hundred days, he has brought incline to glorious Codexia by replacing that dumbass Vogel's shovelware subforum with a prestigious Piranha Bytes one, creating a drama subforum in order to segregate game discussion from discussion outside the game, increased our force projection through strategic foreign intervention, brought peace between the Avellonians and Sawyerites, and built a wall while making the Watch pay for it.

He MADE CODEX GREAT AGAIN.

Resist the fake news you've been subjected to, look at the results of his policies, and post something nice about him. He earned it.

Shut up fag!

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Well, I keep logged in and like to just click a thread and have it take me to the latest post. But when he merges or splits threads it breaks that feature. I'll read a page and scratch my head and think to myself, "I've read this before" even though it says it's a 'New' post. Then I might have to skim through one or ten pages if I was reading both to get back to where I was.

Also, some pages that I had been following, sometimes up to years disappear. Sometimes I eventually stumble across them again because they got moved or buried in some sub-forum that I never knew existed. Then I realize there's a few hundred new posts, now ancient.

Speaking of new forums, there's a bunch of them that I never knew existed either. Everything gets split up or merged and sent off somewhere to die and never see the light of day again.

I for one don't understand how he has time to read all these threads, comment on them and post news to them plus rip and tear them apart for arbitrary reasons. That's why I suspect he's a Russian Bot.

It seems to scour the internet for news items that most people don't care about and repost them in full in many different threads every day. It does the same for Twitter as well. I'll admit with Twitter it isn't quite as bad as the markec bot but they have no words or context. It's just reposting shit that I'm not sure why I'd want to read. There's no context, there's no explanation of who the Twit is or why I care. If I wanted to read random idiots on Twitter using at(@) signs and pound(#) signs to communicate I'd go to twitfags.com and read random shit typed on a phone by idiots.

I'll see if I can find a random example.

mqFK6ia.jpg

Other than that, as a spambot, Infinitron seems okay when it cuts and pastes stuff I'd never bother to click and read but is ultimately annoying. You can't please everybody.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'll see if I can find a random example.
I like how you mashed the print screen button before they loaded, so no one here could see that the tweets are from the owner of Steam Spy, and thus relevant to the thread.

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like how you mashed the print screen button before they loaded, so no one here could see that the tweets are from the owner of Steam Spy, and thus relevant to the thread.

Or every tweet appears that way for him, which is the case for me at least.
(And it's a good thing, if every idiot posting on Twitter were to suddenly die the world would be a far better place)

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I have it like that all the time because I have twitter blocked via noscript.

Edit:
What Dreed said.

Infinitron is on the receiving end of daily abuse here.
Now Infinitron is a saint? He is constantly bad rating all critical posts and defending developers in in the most sellout manner. Besides, it is a little rich pretending that he is a sort of martyr when he is backed by a horde of braindead fanboys in this forum. Every single person here is castigated by posters. It varies from thread to thread, depending on the moment and frequency of posts. So spare me the moral posturing and uncalled white knighting.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Every tweet appears that way for me. I can click them but sometimes it gets tiresome. And to me it's not always apparent as to why it's relevant as the tweets are written by someone I've never heard of having some discussion that doesn't make sense with other people I've never heard of.

In fact there are some threads where it's just twenty-five posts of Infinitron and markec posting tweets, broken images and copy-pasted text from other sites, with out a single word written by them or any other codexer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom