Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rage 2 from Just Cause devs

Astral Rag

Arcane
Here's a link

https://streamable.com/6k8t4

the other got pulled down already lol

:abyssgazer:

edit:

ezgif-5-d29e49eaa2.gif

:abyssgazer:

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Is that a trailer for big company videogame or an edgy garage band music video created by 14 years old autistic kid we will never know

More like a typical dumb kwan kid. An autistic kid would probably make a no-nonsense trailer instead of that mess. Something in the style of the original Quake trailer for example..

Or UT99

Last edited:

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Really can't say I'm a fan of the tonal shift, reminds me of Watch Dog 2's. Also I highly doubt id are developing this. If they did, their logo would be all over the trailer.

Gerrard

Arcane
Wow, so they are actually making something worse than Bordellands 3 will inevitably be? Now that's what I call a preemptive strike.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Notice the id Software logo is missing.

What the actual fuck? This look & sounds like Mad Max

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-14-rage-2-confirmed-via-leaked-teaser

UPDATE 2: Rage 2 is developed by Avalanche Studios, its official website has revealed.

"Developed in association with Avalanche Studios, trading as Fatalist Entertainment AB," reads the small print at the foot of the Rage 2 website.

The phrase "in association" suggests other studios are involved, no doubt Rage developer id Software.

We also have some detail on the game. It's due out for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and it's an open world first-person shooter. Here's the official blurb:

"Dive headfirst into a dystopian world devoid of society, law, and order. Rage 2 brings together a true open world FPS experience where you can go anywhere, shoot anything, and explode everything."

The decision to go with Avalanche for Rage 2 makes a lot of sense. The studio has a huge amount of open world blow 'em up experience with the Just Cause series, but it also made an open world Mad Max video game for publisher Warner Bros. The first Rage game seemed inspired in part by Mad Max, and Rage 2, based on its teaser video, looks like it's heavily-inspired by Mad Max: Fury Road.

Dagobert

Educated
It's made by Avalanche on ID Tech.

Damn, Infinitron was faster.. by couple of seconds :*(

Dexter

Arcane
Any Bets if RAGE 2 will have similar characters in our Wonderful Current Year™?
screenshot-21.jpg

126EA14552AEE8BA24C143B7F864AEC187C03B44

2013-11-27_00012.jpg

664FDA1CA0E02AA906DC1AE8839C6F583AAAF9C2

Also, Megatextures or not?
E44C8C1127AA15F690BD8E7FCE261AD9CC4EE4C2
93DF63F6461B7DDD1660D7B8248F1A2F9780E55B
98544FA4149F11418F93D355D4155A0AF13244A9

Vexxt

Educated
Not a fan of the vibrant pink\purple nonsense - but I'll wait for the gameplay trailer.

Then again, I'm curious how ID Tech 6 will do with something open-world.

This phrase: go anywhere, shoot anything, and explode everything.

So, do they mean just a bunch of red barrel scattered all over the map? Or did they actually implement destructible environments?

Gerrard

Arcane
Wasn't there a new one in some leak recently? See I completely blocked 3 out from my memory.

Ivan

Arcane
MegaMemes more like.

Who's doing Just Cause 3 then?

Just Cause is basically GTA free roam with all weapons and vehicles unlocked. 2 is a pretty outstanding title in this regard, story and charater work is a complete afterthought. 3 is the same just in a newer engine. Gunplay has been very weak in the series so I wonder how that will be handled, considering Rage was an FPS and all of the Just Cause titles have been TPS.

PanteraNera

Arcane
I'm so happy that Bethesda finally gets to make a FPS in a post apocalyptic Wasteland, something I have been waiting for since the original release of Fallout.
Well even better it seems to be a crossover to NuFallout *sarcasm*
(or more likely Bethesda is just lazy as fuck so they will re-use shit they did in Fallout 3 and 4)

VrjekUc.png

Super Mutant Behemoth

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom