Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Ninefingers

Educated
Patron
You only need to eat 3. Can eat the 4th for some extra insight and it shouldn’t do any harm.

Might have to revert to your backup if you kill the final boss(es) and want to do the DLC without going through NG+ first though.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Might have to revert to your backup if you kill the final boss(es) and want to do the DLC without going through NG+ first though.

I'm going to the DLC before the ending(s) in Burning Hunter's Dream. I think(?) I'll be safe doing that.

Zep--

Ninefingers

Educated
Patron
That should be fine, it’s just different from DS games in that it automatically puts you into NG+ after the ending, so as long as you don’t trigger an ending you’re safe.

Silva

Arcane
Took a break from One Reborn, came back a few hours later and beat him on my first try. I'm bored, though. I'm exploring that nightmare world. Well, I was, but then I took another break. I just find this world kind of dull compared to the Souls games' worlds. Story seems more disjointed and vague too.
On my 10th playthrough and yeah, it always get a bit boring when I get to the Nightmare. But on my first playthrough though? My dick was harder than Jimmy's until the credits came...

LIOET9QFL6Pa6W4dku7y4Cyf2Y1OmSIoZvuhvl4H-3Yna74zGXTiSSjTxC-cf_SNG2_0k1WoDVOegfV_DPKpCja-bPt-sFcA5FZtDxJTO4dWw-mcddoBEJAycZF4I0lIGoCr6lqOXVV11HSbKuFZDs-KKJl3Gmaid9lJNq_la-Q-umRCq6U3ca9Y3FzNiHLnuQ=w317-h464-nc

If you're already bored in first playthrough, well, then the game may not be for you.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Lower Ptulu Rom...FFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Just beat it solo after 50 or more deaths, but man, what a test of patience...

Some cheesy shit seems to happen if you are low on health.

Bros were no help, dying before the first teleport leaving me with a harder ROM. SCRUBS!

Wonder what awaits me on layer 4...

Zep--

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Ug. I need to stop playing when I'm drunk. In a semi blacked out condition, I was wondering around town and suddenly got.... Teleported (?) It almost damn near killed me too. Had no idea where I was... Then I got killed by a hobo rapist and teleported AGAIN to a jail. I was done for the night.

The next day i got out of the jail area, back to the main streets.... But I can't remember where or how I teleported to that first area. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Ug. I need to stop playing when I'm drunk. In a semi blacked out condition, I was wondering around town and suddenly got.... Teleported (?) It almost damn near killed me too. Had no idea where I was... Then I got killed by a hobo rapist and teleported AGAIN to a jail. I was done for the night.

The next day i got out of the jail area, back to the main streets.... But I can't remember where or how I teleported to that first area. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
fellow gamer, playing drunk is the only true way

Took a break from One Reborn, came back a few hours later and beat him on my first try. I'm bored, though. I'm exploring that nightmare world. Well, I was, but then I took another break. I just find this world kind of dull compared to the Souls games' worlds. Story seems more disjointed and vague too.

Felt like this too, it's much better than Dark Souls 3, but nowhere close do Demon's and Dark Souls.

praetor

Arcane
nah. all Soulsborne games are great for different reasons... except DS3, which is merely good and definitely below par for the series. it's very apparent it's a game made to fulfill a contract, and not because they wanted to

Ezekiel

Arcane
Nah. Bloodborne has a blander world and more BS moments. Like Micolash. He just one-shotted me with full health after I spent like ten minutes chasing him again. I'm gonna try to remember to shoot him when he's about to do that spam attack. But I'm annoyed that I have to do the whole thing over again for getting hit once. Edit: And now I have only nineteen fucking vials left! Fuck this health system!

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
PREY SLAUGHTERED

I realized on my final attempt that I had to stay close to him at the end so that he wouldn't spam that crap.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
And...it is done.

Popped the platinum on regular and also got all the Old Hunter DLC trophies.

Of course, I had to do some save scumming shenanigans near the end to get all 3 endings in 1 go, and also to get the Burial Blade.

Only thing I missed was getting the Hunter badge (again!) from the Crow. That quest was bugged and glitched when the game came out, and it still is.

Ended up at Level 130.
Vit : 50
End : 30
Str : 14
Skl : 30
Blt : 50
Arc : 06

Had 5 +10 weapons, Cane, Chickage, Rifle Spear, Evelyn and the Bowblade (thanks glyph system for the easy rocks!)

One thing...I wish I would have thought about save scumming before I started researching the endings. Would have saved me a lot of time, headaches and echos. For some reason I thought the saves were protected until researching the endings.

I don't see any point in doing NG+, but I may travel around the boss lamps as a bro or maybe random chalice-coop now and then.
(via save scum, I am still before the last battle, so still in NG)

Zep--

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Do you need to grind in chalice dungeons to effectively play the NG+ modes? I can't stand this shit anymore. The chalice bosses have a billion HP.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
After loading up an old character, I found I was mistaken about the hp bloat.

Giving up on arcane build. Fun using the hunter tools on mobs, but damage output is way to low for boss fights. DLC is a godamn nightmare. Im dying to Living failures boss... Wtf. Never died to this faggot before.

The Decline

Arcane
After loading up an old character, I found I was mistaken about the hp bloat.

Giving up on arcane build. Fun using the hunter tools on mobs, but damage output is way to low for boss fights. DLC is a godamn nightmare. Im dying to Living failures boss... Wtf. Never died to this faggot before.

You're going to be missing out on a lot of fun by giving up arcane. Hunter tools are only half of the whole Arcane package.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Hooray!

I'm glad that it's something new and not BB2. Dark Souls 3 proved that Miyazaki is not good at making sequels.

Arnust

Savant
"It's not going to be Demon's Souls adjacent and thats about it in terms of gameplay. [...] But its still going to be a Fromsoft game, so take that as you will." So it's Totally Not Dark Souls 4, then. Cool.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Still wishing Fromsoft would bring the AC series to PC. Considering how well Dark Souls did in that regard, and that giant mechs are typically for NERDS that use desktops, seems like a no brainer. I suppose the AC series hasn't been popular enough to begin with though. Shame.

Atomkilla

Arcane
So it's Totally Not Dark Souls 4, then. Cool.
i'd like Dark Souls 4 from Yui Tanimura (dude who saved DaS2 from development problems and later designed Lost Crowns DLC).
DaS2 and DLCs were much better than lame rehashed DaS3.

I'd rather not have another Souls game ever. Not by Miyazaki or anybody else. It would be like beating the dead horse at this point. After a trainwreck that is DS2, and completely uninspired DS3, I'd say the series still ended on a high note and I'm fine with it.
Bloodborne, if anything, is a proof that Miyazaki works best when working on a single title, where everything is contained within one game (Dark Souls is also a proof of this, but contractual obligations had to fuck it up).

In any case, I'd be perfectly fine if From continued to pump out Soulsborne "gameplay clones" (with minor alterations, naturally) each of which is a new IP. Or make a new AC game or something.
And seeing a game fronted by Tanimura would be beyond awesome. I loved his work on Lost Crowns. Lost Crowns are really the best thing in DS2, the saving grace of an otherwise mediocre title. Without them, the game would truly be utter shit.

Just no more Dark Souls, no more Souls* at all, and for heaven's sake, no Bloodborne sequel.

*I must admit, however, that I do secretly hope for a Demon's Souls remake for this console generation, but doubt it's gonna happen.

Atomkilla

Arcane
Dunno, "Souls" for me refers to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls series, "Soulsborne" is those two + Bloodborne, and "Souls-like" is this "sub-genre of ARPG" (or something) that has evolved and took inspiration from Soulsborne. Paradoxically, a solid number of Souls-like games have little to do with Soulsborne, especially in the gameplay department, but whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom