Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sentinel

Arcane
Also which faction did you guys go with? Having trouble deciding. I don't think I really like any of them unlike in FNV.

Parabalus

Arcane
How many dragons kangaroos have you guys found?
I've only seen the
Ashen Maw one, which I unfortunately didn't find because I wasn't expecting her to be convinced by the retarded shit I said

There's one in
Neketaka
Watershapers
and one in
Ukaizo, transformers
The extremely cool part is you can
recruit the first one to help you vs the second.

A lot of "people" on reddit are claiming the game on PotD is easier than PoE 1 on PotD. Hasn't been my experience at all, but I had to take a break from playing while I was still level 6. To the people who are on path of the damned with level scaling upwards and got past level 10, does it really become a cakewalk?

The scaling isn't consistent/bugged (ship battles didn't scale for me) and pure classes are ridiculously broken at max level, so it's easier, but you can still be wiped, particularly by the fampyrs.

The max level abilities are just plain broken for some though - wizards are beyond Bg2 levels of overpowered, chanters can summon a 2k hp dragon at start of combat etc.
How do you get to the one in
Neketaka?
Faction quest?

Talk to the
queen on the roof

Sentinel

Arcane
I've only seen the
Ashen Maw one, which I unfortunately didn't find because I wasn't expecting her to be convinced by the retarded shit I said

There's one in
Neketaka
Watershapers
and one in
Ukaizo, transformers

A lot of "people" on reddit are claiming the game on PotD is easier than PoE 1 on PotD. Hasn't been my experience at all, but I had to take a break from playing while I was still level 6. To the people who are on path of the damned with level scaling upwards and got past level 10, does it really become a cakewalk?

The scaling isn't consistent/bugged (ship battles didn't scale for me) and pure classes are ridiculously broken at max level, so it's easier, but you can still be wiped, particularly by the fampyrs.

The max level abilities are just plain broken for some though - wizards are beyond Bg2 levels of overpowered, chanters can summon a 2k hp dragon at start of combat etc.
Neketaka?
Faction quest?

Talk to the queen on the roof.
Yeah I've talked to her, but I haven't done any of the Queen's faction questlines. I assume it's part of it then. I'm so afraid of getting locked to one faction that I've been reluctant in progressing lol.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So whoever claims to have beaten everything in 30 hours has been playing on Normal and skipping all the reading. And Normal in Deadfire should be renamed to NoCombat mode, because that's how it plays.

Depends if you enjoy reading useless flavor text or not.

Parabalus

Arcane
I've only seen the

There's one in
Neketaka
Watershapers
and one in
Ukaizo, transformers

Neketaka?
Faction quest?

Yeah I've talked to her, but I haven't done any of the Queen's faction questlines. I assume it's part of it then. I'm so afraid of getting locked to one faction that I've been reluctant in progressing lol.

You will get a very explicit warning to prevent that, you can get to the penultimate quest of every faction no problems.

Also which faction did you guys go with? Having trouble deciding. I don't think I really like any of them unlike in FNV.

I went with the Vallians, the science stuff did it for me and seemed like the best bet for the future. Rauatai would be second choice, but I wanted to be rid of Maia as well. Otherwise you can always go in alone.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
save.png

22.png

333.png

I never skipped anything,maybe i read fast,i don't know.

The last quest in your log,
did you not kill the questgiver? He's fucking cool as a pet.
I finished both of them but the log bugged out. My pet was a black cat that give AoE radius. Also i bought all the animals.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

You can do faction's quests without getting locked.

Toward the end game there will be a moment when you will have to choose one faction. You cannot finish the game as a freelancer. I think.
I went with the pirates because lack of imagination. All the factions are crap anyway.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I've only seen the

There's one in
Neketaka
Watershapers
and one in
Ukaizo, transformers

Neketaka?
Faction quest?

Yeah i had hard time starting this quest, i think that is bugger or you have to visit island that is connected with the main quest,i forgot its name,it begins with H. I opened the quest by:
Having fish faggot in my party,getting with him to the smugglers caves beneath the black market,after that talking to the water mage woman in their guild,talking to the prince and then talking to the queen.

It could be all a coincidence and quest to be opened as the story advances but i am waging on a buggy shit.

Also i decided to go for the pirate faction,by mistake i chose the woman and didn't want to reload. Their faction quest is pretty shit to be honest,you have to fight the flying hangman and get inferior ship.....that is it.

Sentinel

Arcane
You will get a very explicit warning to prevent that, you can get to the penultimate quest of every faction no problems.
Really? Does doing a quest for a certain faction grant no reputation towards that faction? I imagined that as you worked with faction X, reputations for z and y would decrease. What's faction rep for then?

Btw for clarification, I'm on the quest that tells me to
get the support of one of the factions or just go alone to ukaza or whatever

Parabalus

Arcane
I've only seen the

There's one in
Neketaka
Watershapers
and one in
Ukaizo, transformers

Neketaka?
Faction quest?

Yeah i had hard time starting this quest, i think that is bugger or you have to visit island that is connected with the main quest,i forgot its name,it begins with H. I opened the quest by:
Having fish faggot in my party,getting with him to the smugglers caves beneath the black market,after that talking to the water mage woman in their guild,talking to the prince and then talking to the queen.

It could be all a coincidence and quest to be opened as the story advances but i am waging on a buggy shit.

It triggers after you visit ?Hasongo?, you get a quest from the queen to visit her.

Really? Does doing a quest for a certain faction grant no reputation towards that faction? I imagined that as you worked with faction X, reputations for z and y would decrease. What's faction rep for then?

It does, but you can offset the loss by working on non-faction war stuff for the factions. If it's lower it likely locks you out.

Just do the quests, they will tell you when you have to commit to an exclusive relationship.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The game is no more than 30 hours gameplay for 100%
So it's a perfect length for any sane man playing it. I don't know about you, but I don't have 100 hours for a game in this day and age. I don't want it to be short, but 25-30 hours is perfect. Shadowrun also followed this rule and it was great to be able to finish it in that time. It also helps the game to not outstay its welcome.
Are you going to take this guy seriously on this? I'm nearly 15 hours in and have done two real quests and three tasks.
Good point. Anyway, I'm just saying that 30 hours of GOOD RPG is good enough for me.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So what are the chances Obsidian drops all support for this game after 3 weeks or fixing the gamebreaking bugs?

I'd say 50/50. With 15% chance to graze.
Nothing. And if you knew Obsidian's history with PoE, you wouldn't talk retarded edgy shit like that. This game will be balanced for 2 years at least.

Jezal_k23

I don't understand how people could possibly complete this in 30 hours. Maybe not talking to anyone and avoiding receiving or refusing all quests.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I've only seen the
There's a sea dragon under the shapeshifter's guild. It's a quest given by the queen, who's on top of her palace. I precise this because I missed this area the first time i visited the palace.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I really like this game. Went into Nekataka, picked up ALL the quests in the first district and haven't stopped until the second (poor) district was clear. The way the quests are made, I thought I'd break at least a few, because I refuse to wait and talk to each NPC in a linear quest progresson, but would rather clear any area I'm in before moving on, and didn't manage to break a single quest, nor get the outcome I didn't pursue due to quest path breaking etc.

I'm not saying they've got it sorted like PT or FO, but the ability to elegantly dance my way around each quest, while multi questing, plus the ability to use brains instead of force, is really a welcome surprise to me.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The dungeons below Neketaka remind me a lot of Bastard Wounds, from Tyranny.

And, ah, speaking about Tyranny, I think I feel like this:

TTON < PoE1 < Tyranny < Tyranny + BW < PoE + TWM < PoE2

But I like better the setting of Tyranny and the plot of PoE1.

EDIT: click here if you want to be triggered:

TTON < IWD < BG1 < PoE1 < Tyranny < Tyranny + BW < BG2 < PoE + TWM < PoE2 < PST

Last edited:

Mazisky

Magister
LoL, 30 h what?

I am at 20 hours and i've barely done 1\3 of Neketaka (which is huge) and explored only a small part of the world map.

I predict at least 50 h.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
So here is a short version of my opinion:
Before that first things first: I Played on normal and im now playing on PotD, I dont like the pirate themed setting and i dont feel it add anything what so ever to the game, I was unable to complete ALL the quests because ALL of the factions last quests broke for me. I explored every island, I went on a solo run in the end, i completed the game in about 24 hours if you remove the time where i was just standing around afk in game (maybe a hour or so extra with the last quests?).

Overall i guess i found parts of it that i enjoyed, sadly these parts were not the main story or the pirate theme, the companions were overall rather boring, bland and... well annoying. I felt like there is a lack of events on the ocean i got (not including the "reefs and stuff" 2 ship based events that are not tied into something with the story.

There are some rather nice parts within the game, some of the quests are interesting with more then one way to solve them, but to counter the good quests we end up with quests chains being rushed. The further you get in the game the more rush it feels. This includes the main story.
Also i found the main story rather... Well i dont know how to put it... Pointless?

Finding out more and seeing the gods of the setting was interesting and it reinforced my overall view that i had of them, the only one i was kinda surprised about was the one you are a herald for. She is one of the more "humane" gods. Eothas is also pictured overall as a "good" god and my opinion did change about him into something along the lines of a walking baby that wants to destroy toys because "reasons". Now yes he explains things but that dont change the fact that how he is explaining it and what he is doing is childish and stupid and it gets even worse when you get to the end and talk to him as its shown that he took 0 consideration into anything he is doing. Plain stupid. If someone can explain his reason if i somehow missed it... Well do tell me.

Companions are... Bad... Very bad. Aloth is aloth, Eder is still "kinda" Eder. Palla is somehow more annoying. Maia is a lighter version of Palla. Sera is i guess the only somewhat decent character?, Xoti made me want to kill myself, Tekehu is a giant baby.
I guess the are way to one dimensional overall. They lack in conversations, there is a lack of party conversations and their companion quests are bad?

Items are more interesting, class system is better, the combat is PoE1.

Overall i would still recommend the game for anyone that likes this type of setting enjoyed PoE1 but i feel as if it could have used another year or so in development and then we could have gained a real gem of a game. Maybe expansions will fix it?

Edit: To people talking about how long the game was: First of all i read most quests and only listened on the voice acting for the quests i got some kind of interest in. I did run the game at "fast" because i got bored with the running back and forth and traversing the giant open blue space with nothing in them. I also played on normal. Gog mention about 32 hours but i left the game on and walked away from the computer multiple times so sure it might be somewhere between 24-32 hours but still. I also finished the game at level 20.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
They've somehow managed to make Palla even more of a fucking stick-in-the-mud than she was in the first game, which is really saying something. I removed her from my party when I realized she was reacting negatively to virtually every single fucking thing my other party members were saying and having bitch-fits at the slightest provocation.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Is it better than PoE? Is combat better? Less "everything have to be balanced" thing? Is it replayable, or you can explore all classes just by yourself and companions?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom