Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I got the sword from Yseyr and all 3 eulogies under the temple of Berath but quest log doesn't update and there's no dialogue with the priest about what I found. Is this part bugged or I'm missing something? :(

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Bought that unique arbalest for 20k, and it kept critting and staggering my companions with driving flight.
:happytrollboy:
(at least it doesn't deal damage to allies)

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
The sales confirm what I was thinking was going to happen - people tried PoE1, found out it isn't as great as it could've been/the genre isn't for them/lol, isometric/it's too hard or too easy/story is nonsensical mish-mash/whatever and the novelty wore off. Maybe we can't have nice things after all, but it's hard to judge because we need a really good entry in this genre in the mainstream, which I don't think we've had. Age of Decadence and UnderRail are too niche and not enough people have even heard of them. It's frustrating to think about, tbh, Obsidian are trying to cater to an audience that simply doesn't exist and grognards, who are the actual audience, get to eat shit.

Then what do you make of the massive success of DivOS2?

Kaivokz

Arcane
tbh i dont even how much of a clusterfuck this combat is

all dudes move at least x2 faster than they should

combat starts, suddenly 98347693769349 effects followed by 'STATUS EFFECT!' 'STATUS EFFECT!' 'STATUS EFFECT!' 'STATUS EFFECT!' 'STATUS EFFECT!' 'STATUS EFFECT!' 'STATUS EFFECT!' 'STATUS EFFECT!' 'STATUS EFFECT!' 'STATUS EFFECT!' 'STATUS EFFECT!' over every combatant's head

all of this with various colourful explosions going off everywhere as well

meanwhile i'm stuck in the middle of this disco and wondering wtf is even going on
You can slow down combat speed with the little dial below the pause/incr. speed buttons. It’s a little obscure, I didn’t see it for awhile.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Then what do you make of the massive success of DivOS2?

I really have no idea, I've been musing over that question since it came out. I just don't understand how it got so much mainstream attention. Probably some sort of freak accident and a combination of nothing AAA-like coming out then, some kind of marketing trick (no idea what), people en masse liking the first one and genuinely hyped up for the second, positive word of mouth etc. I think the success of D:OS won't be repeated any time soon.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
vithrack merch in the gullet crime den must be the first npc i met that isnt retarded

That one and his gang of misfits surprised me too, for a moment it felt like home, then I was back to ''I have big black hands and don't like doing massages, wanna take me with you???''.:lol:

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Wait.. they didn't put a tutorial pop up for the speed slider ? :lol:
I noticed there's no tutorial for afflictions as well.
Which is uber weird because there's a clearly sorted out entry on the matter in the cyclopedia, but not a single word in the tutorial tab ?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Holy fucking shit my lad, I would have never, ever noticed this.
This feature existed in Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny, how'd you not notice it until now?

I thought they got the default combat speed nigh-perfect in Tyranny and I believe they slowed it down for Deadfire as well. :M

2house2fly

Magister
this game has no sea shanties, it's shit
Have you actually reported this bug to them? I'm at about 50 morale and getting sea shanties constantly, I'm considering mentioning that on the forums because I thought they were meant to be a high morale thing

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Only disappointing thing about the game was the lack of Skaen content, eating the rich, violent revolutions etc.

Or maybe there were and i missed them :M

Also, this was stuck in my head when i went to bed after finishing the game;

Sawyer wrote the lyrics and sang with the choir ofc. :lol:

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got my first crash. Thought that I would have to turn off my PC, but managed to close all error messages.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Now that the real topic has been mentioned (Skaen), are there consequences for empowering Woedica?

Shadenuat

Arcane
This feature existed in Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny, how'd you not notice it until now?

I thought they got the default combat speed nigh-perfect in Tyranny and I believe they slowed it down for Deadfire as well. :M
How is it people begin the game without carefully studying options screen and binding keys for more comfort? I binded +/- combat speed to Q and W before pressing New Game

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
How is it people begin the game without carefully studying options screen and binding keys for more comfort? I binded +/- combat speed to Q and W before pressing New Game
Yeah, apparently most normies/neurotypicals just immediately click on "new game" when they first load it up instead clicking on options and going through it tab by tab to see what's what. I'd clench my fists if I were to see this happen in reality.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think level scaling is broken. I'm playing on veteran with level scaling up only. At first I got slaughtered on all the islands around the starter island, but then someone here pointed out that the big city was the place to go. I did, gained a bunch of levels and now all the content is a push-over. It just doesn't seem like scaling is working. It feels like I'm fighting static under-leveled enemies... or maybe the balance is so out of whack that enemies scaled to you is considered a cakewalk??? I'm not sure but something is off here.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

I typically go through all options screens but usually not through key binds.

The combat speed dial is NOWHERE else to be found except for this tiny microdial.

NOWHERE

In no gameplay options or whatever the fuck. This is absurd.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Reactivity to the choices in the first game is almost non-existant.
I got a particular item for respecting Berath's will in the first game, some people mention here and there that I sided with the Doemenel, Arkemyr mentions that he doesn't want to be the third archmage to die (yet gives you work anyway ?)
It's just flavour and some items mostly. I think you get curses for betraying gods, but I've read here and there that it fades away eventually.

I'm not sure why they hyped it, to be frank. I guess it's because it took them a lot of time to do, even though it's just flavour (I mean, it does check a lot of things for the savefile), so that gave them the impression that it was a big deal.
It's not.

EDIT : Also, I couldn't take the mace in Woedica's shrine. I guess that's the reward for empowering her ?

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I think level scaling is broken.
Maybe it only goes up so much. Creatures in bestiary only have particular levels highest to them after all.

Reactivity to the choices in the first game is almost non-existant.
There's a lot of it even if it's cosmetic. But I don't think anything else to be expected. What did you expect, a whole different dialogue tree with every companion based on choices in previous game? That's impossible from resource stand point.

If they hyped it, the shouldn't have, because any game that tried doing something similar ended up with same cosmetic stuff.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I think level scaling is broken. I'm playing on veteran with level scaling up only. At first I got slaughtered on all the islands around the starter island, but then someone here pointed out that the big city was the place to go. I did, gained a bunch of levels and now all the content is a push-over. It just doesn't seem like scaling is working. It feels like I'm fighting static under-leveled enemies... or maybe the balance is so out of whack that enemies scaled to you is considered a cakewalk??? I'm not sure but something is off here.
Couldn't you check, through the combat log, the per level bonus to accuracy and defense of the enemies you fight ? It'd be a very quick way to tell if an enemy still has +15 (ie. lvl 6 monster) when your party is level 10 or something.
It won't really make it any harder, mind you. Just, now, you'll actually get hit and can actually graze I guess (I'm pretty sure you'd still slaughter them).

Grab the Codex by the pussy
It just doesn't seem like scaling is working. It feels like I'm fighting static under-leveled enemies... or maybe the balance is so out of whack that enemies scaled to you is considered a cakewalk??? I'm not sure but something is off here.
What is off is that you are not wearing the glasses of fanboysm. Once you put those fuckers on and engage in self-indulgent bravados and brofist harverst, you will feel awesome. Trust me. This game is even better than BG2. It's better than JA2 even. Only retards still question the talent at Obsidian because they are tryhard and edgy.

magic_glasses_05.jpg

When I put my fanboy glasses on, the whole world looks more fun!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom