Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I hate the fact Orlans are the crit-build race because I love making crit-builds but I despise halfling races...

Pizzashoes

Scholar
The biggest thing this game is missing is not good writing, interesting companions, or an amped-up difficulty, but literal genocide. Shockingly, we can’t help the Aedyran Empire kill all the orcs so humans and elves can live in paradise in the tropics.

Is anyone here siding with the Huana or the Rauatai?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The biggest thing this game is missing is not good writing, interesting companions, or an amped-up difficulty, but literal genocide. Shockingly, we can’t help the Aedyran Empire kill all the orcs so humans and elves can live in paradise in the tropics.

Haven't explored the huana kingdom and the Royal Deadfire Company at all. I'm more inclined towards the Vailians.

Xeon

Augur
I am probably leaning toward Rauatai, if there is PoE3 and their region will be the setting, helping them might get me a bonus point, especially since they have a very powerful empire or something.

2house2fly

Magister
Maybe the aggresive dlc promotions turned off people.
Hardly aggressive, they said the names and a brief summary of each one. Though I don't know if announcing cool post-launch paid content was the best idea right before release. Ideally they'd have kept that for after the reviews were in, then put out the accolades trailer with a DLC announcement

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech

Well, if you side with Royal company and do Maia sidequest - they basically do Spy Cold War shit with targeted assassinations to instigate change etc. Maybe not genocide, but the only faction there that knows their shit and has a degree of competency.

Max Edge

Hey, I have question to people who actually played:
What with sidekicks? They're undeveloped companions or something more?

And, maybe the most important question - do we can bang them?

2house2fly

Magister
It's a game about a volcanic archipelago in the middle of a colonisation period ripe with conflicted factions competing for the best places for building harbours and tradeposts as the native tribal civilisation tries to more or less keep its integrity and sovereignty over the area despite the obvious technological superiority of the newcomers

It's logical than the bulk of the game should be about gods and the physics of reincarnation and shit
The gods are also colonisers. Also the bulk of the game isn't about them

Xeon

Augur
Someone on reddit said, side kicks were stretch goals that didn't make it or something. They didn't want to scrap them so they made mini companions I think.

Parabalus

Arcane

Well, if you side with Royal company and do Maia sidequest - they basically do Spy Cold War shit with targeted assassinations to instigate change etc. Maybe not genocide, but the only faction there that knows their shit and has a degree of competency.

The Vallians certainly appear competent, their last mission is pretty classy. Even the Huana queen appears non-retarded in their side quest.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Someone on reddit said, side kicks were stretch goals that didn't make it or something. They didn't want to scrap them so they made mini companions I think.

Not quite. The sidekicks as such were never meant to be companions. There was a stretch goal to make one particular sidekick, Ydwin, into a full companion. But they didn't reach it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This someone is a retard. Maybe they should have named them all officially companions, then the same retard would be whining that some companions have less dialogue than others.

2house2fly

Magister
I have an autistic issue with how this is different from the setting they established in the first game.

I don't remember they establishing anything regarding this in PoE1.

Ergo, "out of sight, out of mind" would be a continuation of what they established.
Oh yes, the brothel right in the middle of the city where a male or female player character can fuck any man or woman in the place just screams out of sight out of mind

Bonerbill

Augur
Hey, I have question to people who actually played:
What with sidekicks? They're undeveloped companions or something more?

And, maybe the most important question - do we can bang them?

They're basically Baldur's Gate 1 companions. It's a bit of disappointment.

Rekke is the only sidekick that has any content after recruitment from what I've seen. I've seen him talk to the other companion a few times.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Oh yes, the brothel right in the middle of the city where a male or female player character can fuck any man or woman in the place just screams out of sight out of mind
I didn't pay any attention to who you could or couldn't pay to have sex with in the brothel. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Regardless, as far as I'm concerned, being gay for pay means little.

2house2fly

Magister
I paid close attention to who you could have sex with, because to level up the Company Captain's Hat I had to boost my Resolve, which I could only do by making love to a repulsive orlan by the name of Big Durmsey

Sentinel

Arcane
Is Ukaizo ever mentioned prior to the encounter with Eothas at Ashen Maw? The guy tells me he's going there next, screen goes black and next thing that happens is I'm in the palace and ALL 3 factions are talking about ukaizo & on my dick. It's not explained how I even got there.

2house2fly

Magister
Finished up Nioh and I fancy another big game to bite into. This or Elex?
I'm not familiar with Nioh or Elex, except that they're third-person action RPGs. Playing one right after the other might give you gaming fatigue, whereas PoE2 is different enough that it'd serve as a palate cleanser

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is Ukaizo ever mentioned prior to the encounter with Eothas at Ashen Maw? The guy tells me he's going there next, screen goes black and next thing that happens is I'm in the palace and ALL 3 factions are talking about ukaizo & on my dick. It's not explained how I even got there.
At least twice, in the Arkemyr quest and in the Huana questline.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech

You must have pressed esc a few times too many, it is described
how you got saved and while this was happening - you were busy being passed out and talking to the rest of your soul

And yes, it is mentioned, you can get a quest from Prince or even stumble upon the island with an ancient map to it yourself.

Sentinel

Arcane

You must have pressed esc a few times too many, it is described
how you got saved and while this was happening - you were busy being passed out and talking to the rest of your soul

And yes, it is mentioned, you can get a quest from Prince or even stumble upon the island with an ancient map to it yourself.
I know how I got saved. I don't know how I got to neketaka though.

At least twice, in the Arkemyr quest and in the Huana questline.
Now that you mention it, I think I remember Arkemyr talking about it.. I haven't done any of the faction's questlines though because I thought getting too closely aligned with one of them would lock me into an allegiance with them come decision time and I want the independent route

Aj4wNsB.jpg

please tell me thats a photoshop :negative:(((cringe intensifies)))

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom