Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Generic-Giant-Spider

This game is so easy I feel like God if he had a gun.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
People are disgusted by sexual deviants, just let it go.

Oh, gee, I thought this couldn't get anymore homophobic
Deviancy doesn't have an inherently negative connotation, it simply describes a divergence from social norms. Who defines these social norms is a question for the philosophers, though. Why self-proclaimed non-homophobes are against gays in games is a difficult question to answer, it's very easy to go the "it's social pressure!" angle, but that's too easy and fails to explain a complex interweaving of issues and reasons. They will protest that the problem is not the gays, but the agenda-pushing and always fail to define what that agenda is, how it is being pushed and to what end. And it might be true, it might not be the gays, but some kind of knee-jerk reactionary action by "allying" themselves with the "anti-SJW" crowd, failing to realize that both "SJWs" and "anti-SJWs" are equally impotent in this matter.

The ratio of queer talk to sum total of words in this thread is higher than in Deadfire. Clearly, there is pleasure to be had in 'outrage' and 'disgust' (*wink, wink*).

In this context, outrage, disgust and pleasure are the same thing.
Obsidian writers are left-wings and they have inheritly pro homo agenda its not that difficult to grasp ffs.
What does "pro homo agenda" even mean? The agenda that it's actually okay to be gay? I'd argue you're much more ideological than Obsidian will ever be.
Go and fist yourself under the shower faggot,after that you can get depressed and hang yourself!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahhhh leave it to bugsidian to come up with some imaginative bugs. Here is a one that my game starts behind my desktop and you can't alt+tab it. Such an amazing game!
That's not the game's bugs, that's from the bugs that were riding on some torrent you installed. Enjoy!
Still, props for having a Tchaikovsky playlist.
Nope,i know my bitcoint mining viruses :),this one is definitely the game. And no props for Raachmarino's playlis:decline:.

On another note does anyone knows how to start the birdgirl and sharkboy quests,i have them at positive 2 rep?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Dude, this nick is dead. I don't receive any alerts from it anymore. Regarding 4cancer, I never even clicked on the site in my entire lfe, and never will. I don't even know how the layout looks.
Maybe I wanted to tag your old nick, without necessarily notifying you.

Y'know the thing I miss is the possibility to actively work against the native tribal population of Deadfire with enough guile
What difference does it make whether I tell the guards that there are some tribals with pneumonia hidden in a hut nearby or do not tell them a thing and just let them rot there? I would prefer to orchestrate a pneumonia epidemic among the guards and the general populace instead
I guess denouncing the sick will get me some angry looks from Xoti, which is a reward enough
A suggestion on actively working against the Huana:
You can wipe out their village near Port Maje, if a certain task about one of the Huana warriors present there causes a fight. Although it could be argued that doing this would cause trouble to Port Maje itself.
It does indeed feel like nobody has a personality outside of talking about the gods in this setting, it's really disturbing and artificial.
Agreed. It comes off as if the writers have been writing their characters based only on design guidelines, without giving thought to the character as such. Treating a creative profession like a cookie cutter job why do people cause this to themselves? Find a job at Starbucks, it will make you happier.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
People are disgusted by sexual deviants, just let it go.

Oh, gee, I thought this couldn't get anymore homophobic
Deviancy doesn't have an inherently negative connotation, it simply describes a divergence from social norms. Who defines these social norms is a question for the philosophers, though. Why self-proclaimed non-homophobes are against gays in games is a difficult question to answer, it's very easy to go the "it's social pressure!" angle, but that's too easy and fails to explain a complex interweaving of issues and reasons. They will protest that the problem is not the gays, but the agenda-pushing and always fail to define what that agenda is, how it is being pushed and to what end. And it might be true, it might not be the gays, but some kind of knee-jerk reactionary action by "allying" themselves with the "anti-SJW" crowd, failing to realize that both "SJWs" and "anti-SJWs" are equally impotent in this matter.

The ratio of queer talk to sum total of words in this thread is higher than in Deadfire. Clearly, there is pleasure to be had in 'outrage' and 'disgust' (*wink, wink*).

In this context, outrage, disgust and pleasure are the same thing.
Obsidian writers are left-wings and they have inheritly pro homo agenda its not that difficult to grasp ffs.
What does "pro homo agenda" even mean? The agenda that it's actually okay to be gay? I'd argue you're much more ideological than Obsidian will ever be.
Go and fist yourself under the shower faggot,after that you can get depressed and hang yourself!

Well, I do enjoy pegging, but I wouldn't do that under the shower since water isn't the best lubricant. Since I'm already depressed, I appreciate your call to suicide, I will consider it the next time I'm acutely suicidal.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
[VERSE 1]
I'm not an atheist
But what has God done for me
Oh, he let me grow up in the motherfucking ghetto
Thanks for nothing motherfucker, that's for real
One of the Ten Commandments is "Thou Shalt Not Kill"
Tell that motherfucker with a gun in my face
Or should I run from this place
And get shot in the back

That's an act of insanity
"Please, no profanity" says the radio
But fuck you, I'm gonna do what I want to do

I'm just telling facts
Cause blacks are killing blacks
Nigga stepped on my shoe and I shot him in the back
Ain't no thing, got a gang
You'll all get shot too
Once I squeeze the trigger your crew is through
Think I'm bluffing then try me
Today you'll all die, see
I got a bullet for you and your posse
I don't bullshit
No need to talk shit
The fuse is in your asshole and you just lit it
To live is evil
Evil's to live you learn that
Put it in your Holy Bible and burn that

[VERSE 2]
Words that you're hearing
Niggas are fearing
Appearance so gruesome
Niggas are disappearing
Put up your fists, what is this
I got a Mac-11
Once I squeeze the trigger you're in Hell or Heaven
I ain't waiting around for no bodies to be found
Bullet to the head, leave another nigga dead
You got to be suicidal to fuck with a homicidal brother
Suffocated under a pillow intended to smother
Hell days, death nights
Midnight's the witches hour
Damien's your maker and he loves a blood shower
It's time to die
So bye bye you better cry, nah
You better run or something cause it's do or die
If you need an ass kicking, kicking in your rib cage
You was a good one, it read on your obituary page
Call me a ho, them's fighting words
As I'm reciting words, suckers are re-writing my words
It's simple and plain to see
Plain and simple to see
That I'm Esham and I'm great
You's a sucker but wait
This is just a style that I'm using, confusing the suckers
Cause they're stupid motherfuckers

Xeon

Augur
Wonder if full voice acting ended up being a good investment, people who praised the game on reddit, keep saying they hope Obsidian will do full voicing on all their future games. Wonder if they abstain from full voice acting in their next PoE like game, if it will affect review scores.

The only gay guy who came on to me was the fish guy. The Cypher didn't but had a flirt option, also you could ask him if he had sex with his father figure and he says no but he wouldn't have mind it, that was kinda funny. Also iirc near the end I saw a flirt option I think with Eder.

fobia

New all-time peak number!

It's still got a ways to go. Today's peak will be about 5 hours from now.

Next: Wait till Tuesday's patch!
Followed by: Wait till post-patch weekend!

Nope. I think if it doesn't reach at least 26k tomorrow then that's legitimately bad (while still being way better than Tyranny mind you).

In no case would this "kill Obsidian" though, just the PoE series as we know it. Obsidian has a publisher-funded AAA game led by Tim Cain on its hands and is going nowhere.

Why 26k? Does that correlate with something?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Maybe the aggresive dlc promotions turned off people.

To announce 3 major dlc pre-release, which screams unfinished, for a kickstarted game is a dumb move and Obsidian is all about doing dumb moves. I got to the conclusion that the owners don't want to make profits, they just enjoy swimming in the gutter.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why 26k? Does that correlate with something?

That's what it would take to stay on par with the number of people who were playing on Day 1 compared with PoE1.

19/30 == 26/41

Any less than that and it means people are actually losing interest in the game, a bad sign.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I will never understand why people are so afraid of homosexuality. Yeah, okay, some characters hit on you. Big deal. Heterosexuals hit on you too. Say yes if you want to, say no if you don't want to.
I have an autistic issue with how this is different from the setting they established in the first game. The favorite movies list in my sig contains titles such as Naked Lunch, The Crying Game, Ed Wood, Boys Don't Cry, May, and The Handmaiden, so fear or distaste for queers, crossdressers, and transpeople isn't a factor in why I dislike this.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I have an autistic issue with how this is different from the setting they established in the first game.

I don't remember they establishing anything regarding this in PoE1. We should ask the girl forcefully impregnated by her father.

This is one area where the hard sciences are powerless and, while they do say "homosexuality is a normal variant

They don't really say that though. As far as I know, the question of whether homosexuality is 'normal' historically has more to do with the political climate than with actual science.

It's perfectly clear that the roots of human sexuality are in biological reproduction and that therefore no type of sexuality that doesn't lead to reproduction can be anything other than a paraphilia. All of us here know that, and so do even the most pink haired writers of Bioware. If you were to ask them what is the point of libido, they probably won't mention anuses.

These aren't two sides of the same coin because there is no coin, there is only evolution.

We treat homosexuality differently because it involves consenting adults and plus generally speaking we want everyone to feel what it's like to love and be loved. And that's ok, it really is. But it's also ok to be disgusted by it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I have an autistic issue with how this is different from the setting they established in the first game.

I don't remember they establishing anything regarding this in PoE1.

Ergo, "out of sight, out of mind" would be a continuation of what they established.

We should ask the girl forcefully impregnated by her father.

Edgy stuff like this is in the bible, Greek myths, etc. :M

Tigranes

Arcane
Played a couple more hours, I'm really liking how everything fits together. The sozzy feel of exploring with the ship is really nice, even if the individual parts like sea combat or the (so far) piss-easy logistics are nothing special. Almost everything feels a step up from POE1.

There are of course flaws. I am OK with how they revamped and systematised the different classes to enable multiclassing, but I'm not yet sold on changes to spells and abilities, and I think both P1&2 are pretty awkward on how they handle per-encs/per-rests/etc. Difficulty, can't say yet, my 4-man party of multiclassers on POTD upscaled isn't really having an easy time but that's a pretty specific situation and I'm also not powergamign at all yet.

Haven't had any problems so far with romances etc, you tell them to fuck off and they fuck off. I suspect that sometimes they come on to you the moment you meet them because your initial dialogues happened to jack up the friendliness? I turned off the display for that, as well as the display for all the other shit like skills used in dialogue. Much better that way.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Obsidian is not ideological they just hired snowflakes as writers. Pro homo means that they are pro homosexual. Those writers cant restrain themself and are pushing their OWN agenda into video game. Best example are songs and lyrics from bathory despite quorthon not being nordic/scandinavian neo-pagan/nationalist he wrote and sing about scandinavian mythology.

It's not just pro-homo, it's a weird anime fangirl kink. The idea that all guys are bi and eager to cross swords all the time is weird and jarring. South Park even made an episode about it.

Let's be real, we're talking about the player getting pounded in the ass by a hairy little beast man. What. The. Fuck.

Who wouldn't have a problem with that? Some sick fuckers wrote these characters.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They don't really say that though. As far as I know, the question of whether homosexuality is 'normal' historically has more to do with the political climate than with actual science.

It's perfectly clear that the roots of human sexuality are in biological reproduction and that therefore no type of sexuality that doesn't lead to reproduction can be anything other than a paraphilia. All of us here know that, and so do even the most pink haired writers of Bioware. If you were to ask them what is the point of libido, they probably won't mention anuses.

These aren't two sides of the same coin because there is no coin, there is only evolution.

We treat homosexuality differently because it involves consenting adults and plus generally speaking we want everyone to feel what it's like to love and be loved. And that's ok, it really is. But it's also ok to be disgusted by it.

Yes, they do say that because it's an observable fact a lot of species exhibit homosexuality. Science does not have the authority to make moral judgements or claim that something or other is unnatural (or whatever the buzzwords today are). It's also a proven fact that people (and some other species) don't only have sex for reproduction and claiming otherwise is absurd and actual agenda pushing. Sex might lead to reproduction, but in most cases it doesn't. Saying "but muh evolution" doesn't mean anything, evolution is not a conscious entity, if a person doesn't reproduce then they don't reproduce, that's it. People are free to be disgusted by whatever they want, but they should be aware of the fact the problem is them in this context, not the thing they are "disgusted" by. There is no sane argument in the world that can "prove" otherwise.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Damn, Sawyer gave up on balance and now the game is trivially broken...
ON37Fe4.png

With Deep Pockets thats like 25 Backstabs...

Also, early game grimoirs:
r3onRv1.png

Doesn't backstabbing disable invisibility after 1 strike? Currently backstabbing only gets applied to the first hit/projectile/spell/tick-of-DoT-ability, and additionally invisibility from Rogue abilities disables after the first backstab or the first tick from a DoT (like Deep Wounds).

Don't know if it works the same from potions but I imagine it does, and if it doesn't that it'll get patched to do so.

EDIT: To clarify:

- Rogue uses Rogue-ability that conceals him
- Rogue backstabs enemy with dual Blunderbusses
- Backstab gets applied to only the first bullet of the first Blunderbuss (meaning Blunderbusses are terrible for backstabbing)
- Rogue's concealment ENDS immediately

That's how it works currently. Doesn't get applied to your 2nd-Weapon's hit, therefore currently backstabbing Assassin builds work best with 1-handed style (ACC = crits) or with 2-handed (more DMG/Pen), and it instantly disables concealment.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
If You want proper romance go find a nice girl, went through all that dating amorous quests,
make a wedding after some time after you finally beat endgame boss which was her father,
then make some children and start working like a dog, then found that You became fucking casual crpg gamer
without fucking time to play more than 2 up to 4 hours a week and then read at RPG CODEX about some
happy people playing hours per day, while You are trying not to dive into depths of depression while they moan at some bugs.
Here You have your motherfucking romances.
So, if You wanna be true crpg gamer stay away from women!
Or stay away from men/sheeps/goats if You are working for Bioware.​

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
High level Wizards in Deadfire are basically as broken as Bg2, maybe even more, since you don't have to "cheese" to unleash their potential, just cast 600 damage per target Meteor Showers or 300+ Raw damage wilting winds. There is a grimoire which gives them +1 cast/level, which is as absurd as it sounds.

Obsidian is not ideological they just hired snowflakes as writers. Pro homo means that they are pro homosexual. Those writers cant restrain themself and are pushing their OWN agenda into video game. Best example are songs and lyrics from bathory despite quorthon not being nordic/scandinavian neo-pagan/nationalist he wrote and sing about scandinavian mythology.

It's not just pro-homo, it's a weird anime fangirl kink. The idea that all guys are bi and eager to cross swords all the time is weird and jarring. South Park even made an episode about it.

Let's be real, we're talking about the player getting pounded in the ass by a hairy little beast man. What. The. Fuck.

Who wouldn't have a problem with that? Some sick fuckers wrote these characters.

People in a world with giants, hairy midgets, elves, magic, etc.?

Orlans are even THE PoE race to be racist against, as plenty of people do have a problem with speaking to them, let alone getting pounded. You as a player get to chose whether you agree or not, wtf else is even acceptable in an rpg other than leaving it up to the player?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom