Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

agris

Arcane
Patron
i wonder if porting their mod to the poe2 engine will slow development?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe this will finally push them over the top:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/2184425

Gameplay video with combat

Ho there adventurers,

Below is a video from our ongoing walkthrough, taking place in the forest near Isilbright as we advance in the subquest 'The Cult of Zoria'. Our dwarven protagonist just switched his enchanted lightning hammer to a brand-new volcanic warhammer and cannot wait to try it. This is an early stage of the subquest, so the enemies are no match for our adventurer party.

We hope you enjoyed this glimpse into the Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness gameplay. Your feedback and interaction on Kickstarter is already making the game better than we could have ever imagined.

While we set our sights beyond the finish line and prepare to enter our final development phase, we realize some of you may be entering early stages of CRPG withdrawal, waiting for Black Geyser's official release... Don't worry, we got your back!

Black Geyser's contributing Story Consultant and Narrative Designer, Nick Macari, co-developed the story and took the role as lead script writer on Tower of Time–a fantasy CRPG recently available on Steam. Combining old school, text intensive fantasy RPG elements and a modern real-time combat system, this game is kicking butt and taking names in both user and critic reviews. If you need a gaming fix in the coming months, as we finalize and polish off Black Geyser, Tower of Time just might be the game for you.

Mustawd

Well they're only $450 from their goal, so I'm guessing they'll cross it sometime this weekend.

I'm sure the fact that PoE2 was released this week has hurt their KS donations a bit, seeing that it shares a lot of the same gameplay/setting origins as well as UI aesthetics.

ArchAngel

Arcane
WTF those looters appeared 5s later... were they waiting all day and night in a near by bush or something?!

Tigranes

Arcane
iZEwASu

FYiPbIf.png

What a fine geyser you have there

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The bows fires as fast as machineguns. That ambush looked like the storming of omaha beach.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

And it's funded! The show will go on :D

e: If I get the update right the release of Black Geyser is only a few months away. In the meantime they suggest you play Tower of Time. Are they completely oblivious to the release of Deadfire?

Black Geyser said:
If you need a gaming fix in the coming months, as we finalize and polish off Black Geyser, Tower of Time just might be the game for you.
Hmm, in their kickstarter pitch they are targeting Q3 2019 as release date.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
They are delaying the release because they are in advanced negotiations with Avellone as a story consultant. We might end up with philosophical questions like what can greed change in a man. If you gaze into black geyser long enough, it will gayze you back.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/2185589

We are funded!

THE BASE GOAL IS FUNDED! This is amazing! The first goal was hit quicker than anyone expected. Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness is going to be a reality because of you!

Our next Stretch Goal is for modders (anyone who creates custom content for the game) and for those who play the game in a language other than English. Check out Update #3 for details on the Language Pack and Advanced Moddability stretch goal.

aab441c1b10d3288e3ddbe172b962170_original.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
WTF those looters appeared 5s later... were they waiting all day and night in a near by bush or something?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highwayman#Robbing

Highwaymen often lay in wait on the main roads radiating from London. They usually chose lonely areas of heathland or woodland. Hounslow Heath was a favourite haunt: it was crossed by the roads to Bath and Exeter, England.
Does not explain why they waited all day and night right next to some cult entrance lol

If this shit is going to be normal for every encounter this is going to be most hilarious shit game ever.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So in the combat video comments they said this:
A general reminder to all of us (not just to you :)): Black Geyser development is close to the finish line, but haven't yet crossed it. So, A FEW things are not yet implemented :)

But we know they are using some bad Unity store enemy models and animations. How will they implement proper ones if there are only a few things left to implement ?!

I think this KS will become one of those future lessons to people about not risking their money on unproven devs and projects.

Tigranes

Arcane
What do you mean, Archangel? Surely all Codexers are smart enough to assess the pitch and the evidence, and figure out whether these guys are actually capable of making a proper game, instead of just throwing money because somebody said isometric? I mean, nobody paid money up front for Sword Coast Legends either, right?

PrettyDeadman

I would say that the models and animations are good enough.
How about other aspects of the game? Do you have hope for Black Geyser?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom