Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death's Gambit - A beautiful pixelated action platform with deep RPG elements from White Rabbit

neilsouth

Augur
http://www.deathsgambit.com

https://af.gog.com/game/deaths_gambit?as=1649904300

1.jpg

Some would say we have too many pixelated games either released or currently going through a Kickstarter campaign, so it needs to be something special to peek the gamers interest. Yet when it comes to Death's Gambit it could be a game that will be at the top of your most wanted list. Developed by White Rabbit, Death's Gambit is a beautifully pixelated Action RPG sidescrolling game set in an alien medieval planet filled with horrors, beasts, and knights. Sound like your sort of game?

http://www.indieretronews.com/2014/07/deaths-gambit-beautiful-pixelated.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So it should look something like Rogue Legacy without the random factor. Could be worth a playthrough. We'll see.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Looks interesting. So far the only sidescroller action RPG I've enjoyed was Fortune Summoners, but we'll see.

sbb

Learned
That art is really special... whatever's in the back of that gif is really
peeking
my interest

The Fish

Arcane
So a video for this came out a couple of days ago.

Bonus quote

some neogaf dick said:
If anyone's interested, I interviewed the developers last year. Here's some more info on the game:

Death's Gambit is described as an action RPG. What RPG elements will the game feature?
The nature of RPG’s is inhabiting a character and crafting your own adventure. You will meet a motley group of characters, all with their own agenda, offering up advice or misinformation depending on their disposition. Every boss encounter tells part of the story as you develop relationships with them and to the world. Defeating them rewards you with epic loot and a core part of the gameplay is finding the best gear that works for you.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
This looks cool as fuck.

Just don't go labeling action platformers as RPGs. This thread probably belongs in general gaming.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Consider my interest
peeked

Reminds me of Hyper Light Drifter like crakkie said, but also Shadow of the Colossus for obvious reasons, Altered Beast, and Ghouls 'n' Goblins (or Ghosts, w/e the Genesis port was called).

Murk

Arcane
Huhhh so we've gone full circle and are now trying to recreate ps1 games eh?

Symphony of the Night did this shit pretty well, maybe this could try to live up to it... tho some of the art looks like garbage (some of it is good, others look like crap with over pixelation for the sake of it, seemingly. Check 1:20 into the video, for example, it looks like shit.)

---

Arcane
Release date: 14th August.

Graphics and art style are nice, but it's way too souls-like.
Slightly interested, but not too hyped.

lightbane

Arcane
Looks okay, worth a try at least.

Also, gotta love how Death was kind enough to not only revive the MC, but also give him a badass undead horse.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game looks gorgeous, and I'm surprised it hasn't gotten a little more attention solely based on that. Has anyone played it yet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom