Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
lesbos and gurl power are tertiary at best compared to how retarded the rest of the entire textual/screenplay side of this game is

i dont think there's even a single semi-competent writer left at obsidian at this point

which is about as funny as it is tragic

pomenitul

Arbiter
You could always move to Iran where 'there are no homosexuals', to quote the esteemed Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Failing that, Ramzan Kadyrov has also said – and I see no reason to doubt the veracity of his statement – that 'we don't have any gays' in Chechnya.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
While I certainly noticed the overabundance of females in traditionally male roles and thought it was a bit funny how obvious the bias of the writers was here, it didn't really bother me since the women weren't really "strong women" (tm) and felt reasonably normal.

You don't have to be a raging sexist to notice this..

Is there really any (traditionally)strong male at all in a leading role in this game? Eothas maybe but he is an artificial god so can you really say if he really has a gender?

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
OI, YOU THERE, WHAT BUSINESS DO YOU HAVE TO DOCK HIER

uh do i need business

YEAH YOU DO FUCKER

*berath whispers* SHOW 'EM WOT U R

uh wut

suddenly commander boreale drops to his knees

IG_Psyker_icon.jpg
WITNESS YOUR DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWM

random-ass ghosts pop up along the pier

OMG SO SCARY yells the harbourmaster as she and her goons leg it

all back to normal

wtf did i just watch

Later on i found amazing funny dialogue regarding that that made that retardation worth it.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Even though I haven't played it, I'm 99% sure it's not LGB "politics".
Making a, let's say, majority of leaders be women is odd. It pushes back against our expectations. But we're in a foreign land filled with monsters. If the Aumaua are matriarchal societies, that's great. Pretending to not even notice the shift would be dumb, though.

In fact, I like that Eora has more equalized rights for men and women while still having the same problems with greed, corruption, and incompetence the societies of Earth have. It's the right way to do it.

Last edited:
Grab the Codex by the pussy
lesbos and gurl power are tertiary at best compared to how retarded the rest of the entire textual/screenplay side of this game is

i dont think there's even a single semi-competent writer left at obsidian at this point

which is about as funny as it is tragic
Carrie Patel, the narrative lead of PoE2, explains here some valuable lessons she learned while writing Song of the Dead. Such staggering and earth shattering work. You should check it out.

Comte

You could always move to Iran where 'there are no homosexuals', to quote the esteemed Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Failing that, Ramzan Kadyrov has also said – and I see no reason to doubt the veracity of his statement – that 'we don't have any gays' in Chechnya.

Why move to Iran when the Iranians, Chechnyans and other rapefugees are already coming West?

Perkel

Arcane
Hot damn i am like 40 hours in and i am swimming in quests still and barely scratched 3/4 of map.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there really any (traditionally)strong male at all in a leading role in this game?
But why even use this lense in the first place?

Why not consider if the plot is worth an analysis, which imo it isn't. Then look for psychologism in the building of characters - which is superficial when it exists at all.

It's all a huge horse before the cart thing. The alarm is false. Because no one can seriosuly push any sort of agenda when he is so inept at saying even the things he is explicitly charged with saying. None of those literary geniuses is capable of weaving an agenda into his writing. The peak of creativity is making your character do gorilla sounds and point to his genitals. Look at me, I can do it with boys and with girls!

Idiots at one side of the isle are getting riled up because they imagine the idiots on the other side of the isle are agreeing with something. Business as usual.

The constant made up terms don't help.

The pseudo italian bullshit is just so fucking cringeworthy. And it's even doubly tragic because you know someone is patting themselves on the back for being so CLEVURRR *nudge nudge wink wink*

Egosphere

Arcane

No need to move anywhere. At current migration rates, Iran and Chechnya will come to you.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Is there really any (traditionally)strong male at all in a leading role in this game?

Why not consider if the plot is worth an analysis, which imo it isn't. Then look for psychologism in the building of characters - which is superficial when it exists at all.

It's all a huge horse before the cart thing. The alarm is false. Because no one can seriosuly push any sort of agenda when he is so inept at saying even the things he is explicitly charged with saying. None of those literary geniuses is capable of weaving an agenda into his writing. The peak of creativity is making your character do gorilla sounds and point to his genitals. Look at me, I can do it with boys and with girls!

Idiots at one side of the isle are getting riled up because they imagine the idiots on the other side of the isle are agreeing with something.

Calm down there Socrates or you might pop a vein, the man just asked a simple question, not for the secrets of the universe:lol:

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What has become of the Codex? People strawmanning around we'd habe a problem with gay characters just because we don't want our games to be SJW fests? Seriously?
Others weilding the old "Oh, there is no agenda there!"-defense when there clearly is?

And no, that doesn't mean I'm so butthurt I won't play the game anymore.
I still play it. I even like it.

But these anti-anti-SJW retards here should really STOP! posting and start playing instead.
Especially those who haven't even started yet and still dare to say there'd be no agenda. What a fucking moron!

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

Idiots at one side of the isle are getting riled up because they imagine the idiots on the other side of the isle are agreeing with something.

Why not use it? I don't really believe they have an agenda as much as a strong bias which makes things more predictable and a little boring.

The only reason I really care about this is because gender relations+differences and roles can and has in history always been a source of conflict and cultural peculiarities. Doing away with it and making it not matter at all is BORING. The same goes for making everyone bisexual/player sexual. Please give me something, ANYTHING, to care about or related to in this world and story.

I don't care if people are gay, bi, hetero; have a patriarchal, matriarchal or equal society but please give me some variation and something to make things stand out.

Having the Huana be Matriarchal, the Valians Patriarchal and the Principee equalist would have been interesting since it would have provided a bit more life to the world and a increased constrast between the factions that would have been somewhat reasonable and grounded in their relative societal situations.

Everything doesn't have to be represented either, I would have been fine with just the Huana being matriarchal, but having everything being the same modern Liberal American view of gender is boring and a bit jarring in a medieval fantasy world. (For some reason gender equality is the only thing that is a constant in this universe? Why?)

Last edited:

bataille

Arcane
I don't think that "fantasy writers" often have strong enough of a character not to write zeitgeist (or "the usual stuff") instead of their own, auteur thing. Zaum they are not. We can leave it at that.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Others weilding the old "Oh, there is no agenda there!"-defense when there clearly is?

there's a difference between going 'squeeeee my character is the perfectest, she's so smart and brave and sassy and everyone love her :3' which is just typical bad writing of someone who can't make real characters and 'hóhóhó now i shall convert everyone to FEMINISM' that y'all are claiming is going on here

as AwesomeButton said - the writers of poe2 are too incompetent and stupid to think in agenda terms, they just go with the flow and add whatever shit they think is cool

it's simply horrible fucking writing all around, nothing more, nothing less - people got so used to malice in public discourse or whatever that they are now projecting it everywhere as assumed agenda when all that's actually going around is pure, old-fashioned incompetence

Sentinel

Arcane
Really you don't find the world and the characters interesting? I'd say the exact opposite. PoE's world was bland, this one has so much flavor and detail, it's really a pleasure to explore
Nope. Maybe it's because I understand italian (although I am not italian) and everytime an expression comes up I just cringe and it completely takes me out of the game. It's also ridiculous that to follow a conversation I have to read up wiki entries.

Seethe

Arbiter
Is it better than divos2 at least?

Has to be, they ruined the TBS aspect of that game way too much with the initiative shenanigans, and paired with constant BADLY handcrafted ambushes, it made the game a chore to go through. And actual text is always better than the *tackle glomps u* RP shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom