Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

fobia

How about putting that into a spoiler?

Thonius

Arcane
Still waiting for day one patch by obsidian to fix save import and shit.... while I waited it I forced myself finally trough Throne of Bhaal.... finally finishing the saga for the first time...
Gotta tell you even POE1 beats BG2 in terms of level progression and itemization.
Also I started my first time playtrough of Pool of Radiance ( with a plan to finish whole series). And again POE2 itemization and level progression is just better.

Salvo

Arcane

They say the narrative is worse than the one in PoE 1, how the hell can that be possible, it's like saying North Korea is better than South Korea:lol:

Also RPS says the same thing, the story is worse than the first one and characters are not that interesting, how the fuck?

Can't believe.

They gave it a 8.3, people butthurt and commenting them "omg this 8.3 and Call of duty\Dragon Age inquisiton 9, u paid scum" and now they made a 2nd review with a 9.9 claiming the first was wrong:)

Edit: nevermind, it's a troll review made to joke those commenting the first one

Yeah, these guys did the same after people contested their God of War vote (not a 10). It's a bit unprofessional but also quite funny

Grab the Codex by the pussy
I had to create an account to react to all this. I know this place is very anti-SJW. I dont like them either but usually keep it to myself ... This game though, oh man.
I was really happy when I started, I didnt do any research on the political status so didnt know about all this. Game seemed awesome in fact, combat pretty good, graphics are amazing for this sort of game.

Anyway, I put in couple of hours and start noticing strange things, mainly writing, dialogues and NPCs. Especially the voice overs, since everything is voiced I head more and more high pitched squally female voices, at first I thought I was just imagining things.
But another 2 hours in I knew something was wrong. Out of 4 faction leaders I met, 3 were female .. OK .. out of like 8 Blacksmith I met, 7 were women !! Jail master? Of course, female... Pirate Lord? Of course female, you kill the only male pirate leader and of course he is weak, stupid and the Female Lord is happy about his death in the end (of course).

Then I start noticing all this gay/lezbo nonsense in the game I mean what did I get in to ???
I actually liked POE, finished it and was looking forward to some more but didnt see this coming...

Im all for equality but dear god ... oh and dont tell my missus lol
:positive:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Aah, the levels of faggotry are low enough (at least for someone coming from D:OS2), that if you start "noticing things" in Deadfire, chances are you are a fanook yourself but haven't come to terms with it yet.

2house2fly

Magister
Why is it that Obsidian is so slow with patches? I'm curious, not flaming.

Valve once released 7 patches to Dota 2 in a single day.
Does it cost money to upload patches to Steam? If so they'd want to get them out a) once they're sure they work and b) on a schedule rather than pushing every individual fix once it's done. Plus Unity patches make you download gigabytes at a time for corrections to text errors, so it's probably also to prevent users getting frustrated with frequent huge downloads to fix fuckups which the users are probably already frustrated with

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
OI, YOU THERE, WHAT BUSINESS DO YOU HAVE TO DOCK HIER

uh do i need business

YEAH YOU DO FUCKER

*berath whispers* SHOW 'EM WOT U R

uh wut

suddenly commander boreale drops to his knees

IG_Psyker_icon.jpg
WITNESS YOUR DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWM

random-ass ghosts pop up along the pier

OMG SO SCARY yells the harbourmaster as she and her goons leg it

all back to normal

wtf did i just watch

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does it cost money to upload patches to Steam?

No. I think Obsidian might be more leery of rapid-firing stuff without QA than other developers might be, for historical Bugsidian reasons.

I remember Larian just throwing out daily patches for D:OS 1 for the first few weeks after its release like it was nothing.

Aah, the levels of faggotry are low enough (at least for someone coming from D:OS2), that if you start "noticing things" in Deadfire, chances are you are a fanook yourself but haven't come to terms with it yet.
Players making new accounts to express their distaste for the SJW direction and here you are trying to accuse the player of faggotry to avoid the inevitable conclusion that this will ruin the game for some people and hurt the sales. A player must be blind to ignore all the SJW pandering in this game. In this thread alone there are dozens of examples already. The more people keep playing this game the more the testimonies will pop up that this game is infested with misandric horseshit.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Even though I haven't played it, I'm 99% sure it's not LGB "politics". Having gay characters, or being gay, is not a political statement, that's absurd.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Players making new accounts to express their distaste for the SJW direction and here you are trying to accuse the player of faggotry to avoid the inevitable conclusion that this will ruin the game for some people and hurt the sales. A player must be blind to ignore all the LGB politics in this game. In this thread alone there are dozens of examples already. The more people keep playing this game the more the testimonies will pop up that this game is infested with misandric horseshit.
Yeah "players", sure. Is there like a 4chan post to lure people in the codex or sth? That would explain a lot

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sorry, I'm too old for this shit.

There is a period in your life where you are very excited about what you and other people can find in your pants, but then you get used to it.

Sentinel

Arcane
I haven't really noticed any ass jay double you shit in the game, but that's probably 'cause I'm not paying attention to people's gender because the world/characters just aren't interesting. I don't even know who's the leader of what faction or what they want. The constant made up terms don't help.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Really you don't find the world and the characters interesting? I'd say the exact opposite. PoE's world was bland, this one has so much flavor and detail, it's really a pleasure to explore

Parabalus

Arcane
Oooh, you can't retrain your attributes anymore. :incline:

Side effect is you can't change your level 1 picks either :argh:.

Even though I haven't played it, I'm 99% sure it's not LGB "politics". Having gay characters, or being gay, is not a political statement, that's absurd.
You are right, but by this point they pushed the envelope so fucking hard that the term carries conotations of SJW, dangerhair, misandrism and whatnot. Of course, the fact that these people tend to support LGBTs doesn't help either. In any case, there is a difference between having some gay characters and making everyone bissexual with womyns in position of power all over the place. The doesn't reflect what happens in the real world at all, and yes, fiction, even fantasy, needs some degree of realism to be taken seriously, even if it is banal and mundane.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I had like 40k in my pockets and somehow the wage bug just evaporated like 90% of it and of course I didn't notice, my last save game with that amount of money is 6 hours awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

This is going to add up to that sweet replay value, great job Obidian, you really know how to make people replay your fucking games.

Perkel

Arcane
Went down the Old City. The dude says something like "after 6 hours, we pull the cage back up, deal with it".
Had totally forgotten that. Can't leave the place without going through some smugglers' hideout.
Turns out if anyone sees me, everyone turns hostile and attacks... Some quest failed.
How lazy can you be, not to just add a little dialogue option and let the player try to - oh I don't know - bluff his way out peacefully ?

You can deal with it peacefully because i did it. Just sneak past them to elevator.
Problem are those above but i just casted spell to terrify them and just went past them without fighting.

AwesomeButton

Patron
The latest fashion among outrage warriors is apparently counting the female NPCs and playing thought police with their dialogues.

OMG, I saw a woman huana warrior, agenda pushing, omg, literally hillary, I gotta inform all my anon bros like right now before someone beats me to it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom