Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I take back my words, it won't have english support on release and English support has yet to be confirmed :

I beta tested an English version they had on itch.io. I guess they're pulling out on that.

You're right, he posted an hopeful message in the meantime (7 hours ago) :
Now I'm talking with a translator.
Probably I'll post some announcements in May.
It's cool, I liked the demo, it would be sad if the final game didn't get translated.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Teasing ghost is teasing. One of the two dungeon crawlers will possibly be revealed next week: http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/dungeon-crawling

Ooookay... You can call this a dungeon crawler I guess!: http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/cooking-up-a-pc-port-of-sorcery-saga-curse-of-the-great-curry-god

Cooking up a PC port of Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God

logo_web-27-4-2018.png

Hi everyone! We've been hard at work in the Ghostlight kitchen, cooking up a PC port of Compile Heart's curry-tastic dungeon crawler, Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God. Previously served up exclusively on PlayStation Vita, our PC port will include all the high quality, ethically sourced ingredients you'd expect, including delicious Steam Achievements, mouth-watering Steam Trading Cards, nutritious Cloud Saving and optional sides, such as mouse and keyboard control and Game Pad controls.

SS-CotGCG_screen-62-27-4-2018.jpg

Join Pupuru on a delicious adventure filled with excitement, thrills and all the curry you can eat as you quest to save your favourite local curry restaurant from being swallowed up by the big bad curry chain which has moved into town.

SS-CotGCG_screen-009-27-4-2018.jpg

Take part in a meaty quest to discover the four Legendary Ingredients needed to make the Legendary Magic Curry! Explore dungeons that change shape each time you visit them. Fight monsters, collect items and cook curry to power up your characters! Can you save Smile Curry, or will you never again eat your favourite spicy dish?!

SS-CotGCG_screeattempt3-27-4-2018.jpg

• Quest for Curry - Arm yourself, stock up on Skills and then venture forth into the many dungeons, filled with weird and wonderful monsters, handy items and - of course! - the freshest curry ingredients.
SS-CotGCG_screen-76-27-4-2018.jpg

• Share your curry with "friends" - A strange quest needs a strange group of companions. Share your food with your gluttonous but brave companion, Kuu, to power him up. Hang out with Puni, servant of the Great Curry God and ignore the attentions of Gigidos, the slightly creepy Dark Lord of the Netherworld.
SS-CotGCG_screen-021-27-4-2018.jpg

• Behold, the Power of Curry! – Make delicious curry from the ingredients you find in the dungeon and boost your stats. Or, throw your cooking failures at your enemies to nerf their abilities!
When it was released on PlayStation Vita, Sorcery Saga received some fantastic reviews including:

USgamer - 4/5 "Who knew a game could make you so obsessed with a food item?"

Pocket Gamer UK - 8/10 "This gem of a roguelike dungeon-crawler doesn't pull any punches and leaves you with an immense feeling of accomplishment if you're skilled (and lucky) enough to clear its dungeons."

IGN - 7.5/10 "If you’re looking to expand your gaming palette, Sorcery Saga is a tasty little morsel for the Vita that offers both plenty of challenges and lots of laughs."

We will be serving up Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God on Steam - and possiblyvia other eateries - later this year, so please keep your eyes peeled and your mouth watering until we're able to share more information with you.

Until then, bon appetit! ^_^

This is made by Zerodiv, the developer of Mind Zero and Class of Heroes games.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://gematsu.com/2018/05/touhou-...o-kikou-lost-alchemy-announced-for-ps4-switch

Touhou Project action RPG Touhou Genso Kikou: Lost Alchemy announced for PS4, Switch

Touhou Project action RPG Touhou Genso Kikou: Lost Alchemy is coming to PlayStation 4 and Switch, developer Cubetype announced.

Touhou Genso Kikou: Lost Alchemy will be playable at the Touhou Project convention Hakurei Jinja Reitaisai 2018 at Tokyo Big Sight on May 6.

(This is part of announcement from console version publisher, so no mention of PC version.)

Supposedly the developer of Labyrinth of Touhou worked on this game with the main developer Cubetype, but in this announcement they only mention Cubetype. I wonder what has happened.

It's a Diablo-like btw.

7ch0z0C.jpg

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This game seems to be an official remake/port of Touhou Hack and Slash.

The original has been fantranslated for anyone curious.
upload_2018-5-5_12-53-18.png

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Ooookay... You can call this a dungeon crawler I guess!: http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/cooking-up-a-pc-port-of-sorcery-saga-curse-of-the-great-curry-god

Cooking up a PC port of Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God

logo_web-27-4-2018.png

Hi everyone! We've been hard at work in the Ghostlight kitchen, cooking up a PC port of Compile Heart's curry-tastic dungeon crawler, Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God. Previously served up exclusively on PlayStation Vita, our PC port will include all the high quality, ethically sourced ingredients you'd expect, including delicious Steam Achievements, mouth-watering Steam Trading Cards, nutritious Cloud Saving and optional sides, such as mouse and keyboard control and Game Pad controls.

If anyone dares, you can apply for closed beta: http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/sorcery-saga-closed-beta-applications-open

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hakoniwa Explorer Plus, cute isometric action RPG where you fight against giant monster girls. Also known as Miniature Garden Explorer:

ss_126c0d38dcd46f6c9b644c07602bc5786143674e.600x338.jpg

ss_9b31c7ef173035672e0570089d4b6845d2d46b2d.600x338.jpg

Overview
Get ready for a 1/4-view pixel art action game featuring an unprecedented level of freedom!A whole range of cute girl monsters are waiting to punch, kick, wrap you up, suck your blood, and eat you right up.

Progressing through the game
Approach a villager from the front and make contact with them to start a conversation and acquire info on dungeons.Search the world map using the info you’ve acquired to discover dungeons and gradually increase the size of the searchable area.
Cool things may happen if you can defeat the various area bosses and stack up your achievements...

Characters
Main Character: An unemployed drifter. You can choose your gender before embarking on your journey.Sukumizu: She’ll guide you along the way. Touch her butt and she’ll berate you for being a pervert (incurs 1 damage).
Villagers: Approach them from the front and make contact to start a conversation. Be sure to avoid falling out of favor.
Monsters: Mostly soft, cute, sadistic girls.

Items
Weapons
A wide variety of weapons is at your disposal, including claws, clubs, swords, axes, and bows. Attack range and number of attacks vary according to weapon. Some also incur status ailments.

Flame Sword: Sends enemies up in flames. Has similar effects on social media and blogs.
Rapidfire Bow: A technical weapon used for long-ranged attacks. Can fire off three consecutive shots.

Defense
Various defensive implements are also available, such as shields, armor, shoes, helmets, and rings. Some of these provide extra resistance against status ailments or carry special effects.

Sukumizu: While lacking in defensive ability, she moves very smoothly. Can be used for various purposes, including swimming, your own viewing pleasure, and more.
Sacred Ring: Oh snap! You can automatically regenerate HP! Unfortunately, however, it offers no defense capability.

Other
Consumable items can be used to regenerate HP, increase your level, enhance weapons and defensive equipment, increase attack range, and more. Some of the more rare items become effective simply by possessing them.

Blanched Crab: Crab chock full of delicious meat and juicy juices.
Pervy Liquid: A slippery, naughty liquid which carefully melts away only clothing fibers.
Big-ass Grenade: A special bomb featuring hardcore destructive power. After being set, it explodes after three seconds, so make sure to get the hell away immediately.

Original Japanese version is freeware but this "Plus" version is paid one and published by Playism. I guess it's somehow expanded upon the original!

lightbane

Arcane
Hakoniwa Explorer Plus, cute isometric action RPG where you fight against giant monster girls. Also known as Miniature Garden Explorer:

For a moment I expected something akin to Rance taking on the horrible Monstergirl Quest's monsters, but sadly that's not the case.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Spike ChunChun: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-05-14-appealing-to-the-west-by-focusing-on-the-east

As for the PC as a platform going forward, Sakurai was bullish. Many of Spike Chunsoft's releases in the last couple years were PC ports of its other properties, and all of the company's upcoming projects are slated for release on the PC.

"I think the possibilities [for PC] are limitless when you look at it in a global sense, especially in Southeast Asia," Sakurai said. "The market is more receptive to PCs right now. More people have access to PCs in that market."

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Pre-order for Shining something is live, if you care:

In other news, XSEED announced another line-up of games, and there's one Tohou action RPG-ish game for PC:

Console trailer from last year:

Dorarnae

Arbiter
But on the bright side, the second one is "actual" dungeon crawler as in Wizardry style:

That's not what he said.

He was asked following this tweet, so I'm pretty sure he meant that (as in first-person dungeon RPG):

(Well, I guess this may not relevant if it's yet another anime panty crawler.)

I dunno if it'll be wizardry like. but it'll be first person. I asked them few weeks ago if they needed my help again if they had another first person dungeon crawler, they kept my name for an invitation for it, but I don't know the name.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Platform differences for SaGa: Scarlet Grace (PC version at 8:00):

Also you can read about it: https://gematsu.com/2018/05/saga-sc...ones-comparison-gameplay-platform-differences

Looks like essentially what you can expect from these things. A bit surprising that they are sensible enough to support both XInput and DirectInput controllers (along with Steam Controller). Probably thanks to Valve's effort regarding Steam Input API?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom