Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
So... It was a bit challenging for a short while but about the time I passed lvl 11 everything just turned brain-dead easy (even with up-scaling on). How is this possible? I'm barely halfway through the levels and I can attack click and close my eyes on 95% of the encounters? (And I have not been close to dying once since I
killed Concelhaut at lvl 11

The game being undertuned is a massive understatement.

Cross

Arcane
Obsidian will never have another soundtrack this good
I mean, you could say that about Obsidian's back catalogue in general. The soundtracks for Mask of the Betrayer and Kotor 2 also completely blow away the PoE/Tyranny/Deadfire scores. They should really look into replacing Justin Bell.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
So... It was a bit challenging for a short while but about the time I passed lvl 11 everything just turned brain-dead easy (even with up-scaling on). How is this possible? I'm barely halfway through the levels and I can attack click and close my eyes on 95% of the encounters? (And I have not been close to dying once since I

What difficulty?

Grab the Codex by the pussy
Ydwin tells me she won't put any part of my body in her mouth.

:negative:
hqdefault.jpg

Eh, go back to jerking off Jordan Peterson or whatever. Not gay if the lobsters don't touch.
What is this? An actual developer pretending this sjw crap doesn't matter? Here, have an agenda.

Dexter

Arcane
Alt-tards: IF SJWs don't like lack of representation of particular type of people, they should make their own games!

Also alt-tards: NOOOO WHY ARE THERE DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN MY GAMES

fuck off.
SJW-tards: NOOOO, WHY ISN'T ANYONE BUYING OUR GAME AND PILLARS NOW A DEAD FRANCHISE!? I thought people liked Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment so much because of buttugly boring characters, verbose writing, gay romances and fish-sex! I guess there's no audience and isometric RPGs are dead after all!

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Alt-tards: IF SJWs don't like lack of representation of particular type of people, they should make their own games!

Also alt-tards: NOOOO WHY ARE THERE DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN MY GAMES

fuck off.
SJW-tards: NOOOO, WHY ISN'T ANYONE BUYING OUR GAME AND PILLARS NOW A DEAD FRANCHISE!? I thought people liked Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment so much because of buttugly boring characters, gay romances and fish-sex!

This is not a counter-argument, if game fails it fails for whatever reason. If you get triggered by coloured hair, dark people or women in positions of power then move the fuck along. Because studios make games they want to make, which is the heart of the argument given to sjws about lack of existence of anything but fucking white males.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Even though Ydwin looked like generic waifubait she's probably the most interesting NPC in the game, and they didn't bother doing anything with her. Bizarre.
I like her a lot too. Obsidian is trolling us by finally providing actual waifu-bait but doing absolutely nothing with her in a game where a talking fish fucks everything that moves.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

What difficulty?

The one under potd (veteran?). I understand that PotD should be harder but given my frustration with how PotD affected the gameplay flow in pillars 1I started on Veteran. While not expecting it to be crushingly difficult I had at least hoped i would have to actually keep my eyes open.

I have not done anything but attack-clicking for anything since the fight I wrote about last post. I have not used a single ability. This is fucking story-mode level of difficulty.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Even though Ydwin looked like generic waifubait she's probably the most interesting NPC in the game
I pretty much called it.

and they didn't bother doing anything with her. Bizarre.
Chances are if they had bothered they would have made her bisexual too, or maybe a necrophile, "to spice things up, y'know!". That's the main reason I was rooting for her not becoming a companion. I don't have confidence in the writers creating characters which I could like. Actually, by now the only active writing team I can trust is the one behind Witcher 3.

I like her a lot too. Obsidian is trolling us by finally providing actual waifu-bait but doing absolutely nothing with her in a game where a talking fish fucks everything that moves.
If they really are doing it, then that's perfect.

2house2fly

Magister
The game is already falling like a rock on steam top selling page, even dropped on 7th place for a few moments. This is a monumental failure and I think this will be the end of the franchise, at least for a while.

I don't know where you're looking but it's actually risen back up to 4th here: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?os=win&filter=globaltopsellers
Only the fourth best selling game on Steam in the world? Jesus.

Seethe

Arbiter
"Character building is better. There are also minor features you might like. Those are covered in trailers.
Combat is as boring as it was.
Writing is even worse than PoE. Voice acting. More LGBTBBQ&KNUCKLES and SJW shit (not too much but it shows)."

"This game reads like chris-chan tier fanfiction, it's fucking mortifying. I couldn't make it more than an hour into the game. Not even worth downloading and installing."
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/415927065

Wow so it is shit. All of the same problems of the first game. Carrie Patel is a awful writer.

Quoting from /v/ is not doing you any service.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
SJW-tards: NOOOO, WHY ISN'T ANYONE BUYING OUR GAME AND PILLARS NOW A DEAD FRANCHISE!? I thought people liked Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment so much because of buttugly boring characters, verbose writing, gay romances and fish-sex! I guess there's no audience and isometric RPGs are dead after all!

Literally who? I've yet to see anyone complain their left-wing game wasn't selling because of dem evil racists and homophobes.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Iskramor

???

I don't use wireless anything. The LAN icon being crossed out is a known Win 7 gui bug on SP1 without hotfixes/updates.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So it's hentai game after all. To upgrade lewd sword i needed to kill 25 kith, but finishing dialogue triggered after i just butchered some slimes. That can mean only one thing - monstergirls.

Pizzashoes

Scholar

Literally who? I've yet to see anyone complain their left-wing game wasn't selling because of dem evil racists and homophobes.
Come on now, bud. Siege of Dragonspear went through such a public shitshow on similar complaints.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom