Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Haha anybody find him yet?

Prime Junta

the one we've all been waiting for

js.jpg

Prime Junta

The Estonians and the guy who can't see from under his hair will stream at some time I can't parse because timezones wtf

Grab the Codex by the pussy
If Deadfire is indeed suffering from lack of players' interest, please don't go blaming nostalgia wearing out. ... Deadfire has only PoE to blame now, not the old games or the memory of the old games.
I see. So you are denying the most obvious explanation for the decline in interest because you don't wan't developers to admit that the IE clone factory nostalgia is broken. :lol::lol::lol:

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I solidified my standing with one of the factions, automatically failing all the other faction quests, so I assume I'm a quest or two away from the end. I'll probably finish it up tomorrow or the next day. Right now, though, the word that seems to most aptly describe the game for me is 'shallow'. Most features - story, ship combat, exploration, companions - feel to have the bare minimum of depth to them. Companions seem to have about six conversations each, during sea travel I constantly got the same three events, the main plot is apparently only a few quests long, and the vast majority of the map has no connection to the plot or factions, leaving the majority of it fairly content-thin.
What's your game time ?

Trashos

Arcane
About everyone being bi in Deadfire:
  • Maia and Seraphen told me they're sailors and that anything goes anywhere at sea
  • Teheku is a self-declared whore and Godlike
  • Aloth has the Islemyr angle?
  • dunno bout Xoti
Sounds reasonable enough, but still funny it's everyone.
5 out of 5 randomly chosen people in the Deadfire Archipelago are bisexual? Come on.

They aren't randomly chosen, that was my point.

I agree 5/5 is either pandering (doubt it) or just a way to avoid headaches, both are funny.

Part of it is pandering and part of it is fighting a war. Do I need to go searching for Markland (spilling the beans), Oster, and Amber Scott-related posts? What needs to happen so that you people accept it? Developers and journos tweet/write/shout that they are fighting a war, and you are in denial, I am afraid.

Peoples sexual orientation in an rpg doesnt really bother me... yeah ok, lesbians, yeah ok gay, yeah okay tranny whatever living int he sword, touch my hilt.. WTF.. uyeah hwatever.

Stay calm, and carry on! It's dumb, but it can be disregarded all the same and quickly.

I see what you are saying, but you are not the target group. The target group are your kids (current or future).

boobio

Arcane
Trigger Warning Shitposter
"Character building is better. There are also minor features you might like. Those are covered in trailers.
Combat is as boring as it was.
Writing is even worse than PoE. Voice acting. More LGBTBBQ&KNUCKLES and SJW shit (not too much but it shows)."

"This game reads like chris-chan tier fanfiction, it's fucking mortifying. I couldn't make it more than an hour into the game. Not even worth downloading and installing."
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/415927065

Wow so it is shit. All of the same problems of the first game. Carrie Patel is a awful writer.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Well if you love fighting spam enemies everywhere like in PoE1 then i can ask you the same. Are you retarded mate ?
Hard in PoE1 was shit because you fought non stop big groups of enemies and i don't want to ruin my 1st playtrough this time like i did with PoE1. I'd rather leave it for replay.

I didnt say you were retarded. Maybe you are 6 year old or have some health problems.
Didnt want to make you feel bad.

Why would play easy game on easy setting? Basicaly you skip combat in combat centered RPG.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If Deadfire is indeed suffering from lack of players' interest, please don't go blaming nostalgia wearing out. ... Deadfire has only PoE to blame now, not the old games or the memory of the old games.
I see. So you are denying the most obvious explanation for the decline in interest because you don't wan't developers to admit that the IE clone factory nostalgia is broken. :lol::lol::lol:

That's not what I'm saying.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
FWIW I'm okay with lame romance subplots as a compromise that will attract more players to an otherwise decent game and hopefully allow us to play more such decent games in the future.

What is even the point of improving most of the game mechanically when they're still shackled to the awful story from PoE1? I don't want to play that piece of shit just to understand what's going on in this game.

:hmmm:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"Character building is better. There are also minor features you might like. Those are covered in trailers.
Combat is as boring as it was.
Writing is even worse than PoE. Voice acting. More LGBTBBQ&KNUCKLES and SJW shit (not too much but it shows)."

"This game reads like chris-chan tier fanfiction, it's fucking mortifying. I couldn't make it more than an hour into the game. Not even worth downloading and installing."
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/415927065

Wow so it is shit. All of the same problems of the first game. Carrie Patel is a awful writer.
Sure, let's take a bunch of anonymous edgelords, their brains addled from jerking off all day, for an authority on RPG quality. That's the way of the RPG Codex.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Even linking 4chan should be an auto-ban for the poster. Fuck that shit.

Also do not listen to the people saying the game is easy. Might be in in the "critical path" but HO-LY shit if you go exploring and find enemies above your level.... Wow.

Parabalus

Arcane
They aren't randomly chosen, that was my point
Aloth is not a sailor, neither is Maia, nor Eder, nor Xoti.

Aloth has a horny chick inside himself, Maia is in the navy (it's implied by other Rauataians they have a systematic free love approach), Eder is uninterested and Xoti is apparently just experimenting (another poster).
About everyone being bi in Deadfire:
  • Maia and Seraphen told me they're sailors and that anything goes anywhere at sea
  • Teheku is a self-declared whore and Godlike
  • Aloth has the Islemyr angle?
  • dunno bout Xoti
Sounds reasonable enough, but still funny it's everyone.
5 out of 5 randomly chosen people in the Deadfire Archipelago are bisexual? Come on.

They aren't randomly chosen, that was my point.

I agree 5/5 is either pandering (doubt it) or just a way to avoid headaches, both are funny.

Part of it is pandering and part of it is fighting a war. Do I need to go searching for Markland (spilling the beans), Oster, and Amber Scott-related posts? What needs to happen so that you people accept it? Developers and journos tweet/write/shout that they are fighting a war, and you are in denial, I am afraid.

Peoples sexual orientation in an rpg doesnt really bother me... yeah ok, lesbians, yeah ok gay, yeah okay tranny whatever living int he sword, touch my hilt.. WTF.. uyeah hwatever.

Stay calm, and carry on! It's dumb, but it can be disregarded all the same and quickly.

I see what you are saying, but you are not the target group. The target group are your kids (current or future).

I read the Markland thread but I don't recall anything about this. Link?

I think you're approaching this the wrong way - Obsidian has justified bisexuality for the NPCs, that is anathema to the SJW. They are more likely to turn on them, like AwesomeButton noted a few pages back, than endorse them.

Bocian

Arcane
Sure, let's take a bunch of anonymous edgelords, their brains addled from jerking off all day, for an authority on RPG quality. That's the way of the RPG Codex.

Cross out the anonymous, and you've got your usual codexer. Whining all day wherever possible that "political posters" are ruining the codex, and at the same time unironically playing Fallout 4 or thinking that writing in Pillars of Eternity is inclined.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I solidified my standing with one of the factions, automatically failing all the other faction quests, so I assume I'm a quest or two away from the end. I'll probably finish it up tomorrow or the next day. Right now, though, the word that seems to most aptly describe the game for me is 'shallow'. Most features - story, ship combat, exploration, companions - feel to have the bare minimum of depth to them. Companions seem to have about six conversations each, during sea travel I constantly got the same three events, the main plot is apparently only a few quests long, and the vast majority of the map has no connection to the plot or factions, leaving the majority of it fairly content-thin.
What's your game time ?

not at my computer right now but last i remember checking it was a bit over 30 hours

AwesomeButton

Patron
Aloth has a horny chick inside himself, Maia is in the navy (it's implied by other Rauataians they have a systematic free love approach), Eder is uninterested and Xoti is apparently just experimenting (another poster).
No matter how much you stretch it, it makes no sense.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
i shoop grapeshot at pirate ship

says it's at "2/8 crew"

my crew is 8 dudes + 4 party members

combat starts

my 4 party members + 4 random crewmen are now in combat vs 10 pirates who alpha strike kill 2 of my dudes with pistols or whatever

what

:hmmm:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
OK, seeing the exact same posts in that 4chan thread (good grief, why did I even look?) and here, the constant edginess makes sense.

Do you really need your stupidity validated that much you post completely identical shit in multiple places?

Meanwhile Codex is like "Yeah, it's ok, better than the first one."
But no, GAY FISH! LALALALALALA...MUH SJWS!

:nocountryforshitposters:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom