Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

Trouble is, if you outlevel the content you'll run out of those harder tasks. That's certainly what happened in P1.

Wait you mean you tackle game hardest content and improve yourself a lot then you don't like that you are better tackling lower level content ?

Yes. It's fun every once in a while -- for example, to come back to an area that was too tough for you before and then clear it -- but it gets boring fast.

Why strive to set bar higher then ?

I like a certain amount of challenge.

Also from what i see just exploring at random doesn't really give much XP (especially since killing stuff doesn't net you a lot) so i don't think you can outlevel main story that fast, it is mostly loot you find and usually you find loot that needs enhancements that are very costly to be huge improvement.

:fabulouslyoptimistic:

edit: I bookmarked your post so I can point and laugh when you come back raging how the late game is too easy

I was ok with both Veronica and Arcade. F:NV companions were all ok no? Miles ahead POE2

Yeah me too. I just wouldn't like all of them to be like that. Variety is good yo.

Perkel

Arcane
It reminds me of old argument about alchemy in rpgs or echanting.

Alchemy is broken as fuck ! With it you can create god destroying poison and anything gets killed in seconds !

So you say you played 50 hours focused only on improving alchemy skills, gathering ingredients, spend shitload of money to make that poison and you are shocked that you didn't waste your 50 hours and all of that stuff ?

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, do y'all know if there's a general problem with savegame-import-reactivity, or does it just happen to some people?
I haven't left the first island yet, so didn't really experience much of those yet (Berath-promise was remembered correctly in the prologue though, as was
Aloth being head of the Leaden Key, at least from what I gathered thus far
).
But if it's a general problem, I might wait for the patch.
If it only happens with some players, I will try my luck and play on.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Oh, it was previously mentioned but console command Difficulty PathOfTheDamned changes to POTD difficulty.

As for the Level Scaling options they can be changed in the game's Registry folder inside HKEY_USERS, in case you want to enable scaling or disable it, or change it from down to up or whatever.

Untitled.jpg

STOP USING WIRELESS

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
So I have a question about a possible bug when having done the first critical path quest after arriving in Neketaka

After solving the issue with the lighthouse and the Naga you get a message from the queen telling you to come to the Palace but when I get there I can't find her and I can't advance the quest. Does anyone know what you are supposed to do or where she is? Is this possibly a gamebreaking bug?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The virgin Dragonspear:

>hardcore grognord AD&D
>one minor NPC is a tranny
>DIE BEAMDOG DIE

vs the chad Deadfire:

>awesome buttons with health regen
>bisexual companion harem anime
>no trannies though
>GOTY 2018
The only reason Dragonspear's tranny got any attention was because it was in ~Baldur's Gate's Interquel~. Insert cries of "They desecrated my grandpa's memory, he was a fan of Minsc (and was bald just like him)!"

Of course Beamdog's reaction, and that of the pathetic Local Woman they had hired as a writer, did what they could to ramp up the drama.

What I would love to behold with Deadfire is a shitstorm brewing up from the side of SJWs annoyed that bisexuals are being caricaturized now.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Also forgot to add. There are class KITS !. Oh how i missed those. Hopefully they will be easy to mod so we can get more kits with mods.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I hate on board ship fightings, every single one of them has like 15 stacked enemies, half of them are ranged and focus on your casters as soon as the combat starts, it would be fair if I had some competent ship mates, but most of the time they don't even join the damn fight, they stay in one corner and they only join if an enemy aggroes them. Also the ships are too damn small and ends up with the enemies zergging on my casters and of course there's no space to maneuver at all.

Parabalus

Arcane
It's amazing that they fixed Escape, so enemies no longer disengage you like in PoE1.

The Rogues' untargetability skills are really cool, they dislodge all projectiles/abilities while it's up, so you can use them to dodge anything with proper timing.

The virgin Dragonspear:

>hardcore grognord AD&D
>one minor NPC is a tranny
>DIE BEAMDOG DIE

vs the chad Deadfire:

>awesome buttons with health regen
>bisexual companion harem anime
>no trannies though
>GOTY 2018
The only reason Dragonspear's tranny got any attention was because it was in ~Baldur's Gate's Interquel~. Insert cries of "They desecrated my grandpa's memory, he was a fan of Minsc!"

Of course Beamdog's reaction and that of the pathetic Local Woman they had hired as a writer, did what they could to ramp up the drama.

What I would love to behold with Deadfire is a shitstorm brewing up from the side of SJWs annoyed that bisexuals are being caricaturized now.

The Dragonspear tranny was pretty throwaway, that's why it got labeled as blatant agenda pushing (I didn't even notice the line myself).
They could have made a quest where she wants the gender belt/similar and it would have made sense in the setting, would have pleased both side, if done competently - a big if for Beamdog.

About everyone being bi in Deadfire:
  • Maia and Seraphen told me they're sailors and that anything goes anywhere at sea
  • Teheku is a self-declared whore and Godlike
  • Aloth has the Islemyr angle?
  • dunno bout Xoti
Sounds reasonable enough, but still funny it's everyone.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Holy motherfuck Nekata is big.

Just when you think you done with the city, two whole areas with quests open up. Shiet nigga, I forgot all about Eothas and just doing sidequests ;X

Enjoying the game immensly eventho it has some apparent flaws (mostly bugs) and quests that bug up abit.

Madawc

Educated
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So did anyone keep both Aloth and Tekehu in party? I barely finished talking to Tekehu for the first time, and Aloth already got -1 disposition towards him. Is it possible to make it work, or will it end up with one of them dying or leaving the party?

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Dunno how many customers bought the game but wait with their playthrough till the first major patches. I sure do. But when bugs are fixed, game seems to be most promising.

What's wrong with it?

feels clunky, esp with the multiple right-click item inspection window pop-ups and with swapping stuff in and out of inventory slots

also ability effect descriptions aren't very legible, you gotta open like 39476 tooltips to find out wtf something with a stupid name does

i'm also not very sure what most of the numbers mean when i highlight an enemy so i just select all left click and get things done that way
That last point is definitely a problem. They introduce a new tutorial system and then don't write any tutorials for the combat UI...
Intelligent developers.
games I can win by selecting all and left clicking irritate the shit out of me. It is actually a test I do fairly often.... I tried it on a supposedly deep complicated wargame some years ago and it worked, and have been using it as a test since...and it sadly works much too often. Once I realize that it works its hard for me to keep my interest up. I would love these PoE games if they had used D20 based combat, classes and advancement and magic items. Its just such a waste of design and effort to me that the game uses such a shit system....I can't enjoy the games.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Holy motherfuck Nekata is big.

Just when you think you done with the city, two whole areas with quests open up. Shiet nigga, I forgot all about Eothas and just doing sidequests ;X

Enjoying the game immensly eventho it has some apparent flaws (mostly bugs) and quests that bug up abit.
Layers upon layers of secret locations, thug hideouts under thug hideouts with forgotten temples under hideouts under dungeons

it's

g-g
gggg

good. I wanted to say good. There's nothing great in this game, just good. yes. good.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Too much damn area transitioning and loading screens when doing neketaka quests.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom