Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The modern casual "RPG nerd"-type retard considers a game too difficult if the objects he has to click on are moving, especially if more than one is moving at the same time.

RtwP requires an enormous strain on his mental and spacial orientation abilities.
So RTwP will finally die because it is too demanding for casuals?

:lol::lol::lol:
Would you rather live in the dystopian world of Sven's Turn Based Theme Park?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

PoE2Mods.pw
Modding framework for Pillars of Eternity 2

This framework allows you to make changes to almost the entire gamut of PoE2's codebase. Much like PoE was, PoE2's code appears to be pretty much straight non-obfuscated Unity code, so extremely easy and fun to change to your liking.

Most instructions can be followed directly from Patchwork. This repo includes all of the relevant modifications for PoE already in place. Note that the release version of Patchwork itself is broken, so I highly recommend using the version in this repo.

Current Mods
  • GameSpeed adds a new way-faster speed option and turns the toggle fast/slow hotkeys into scaled steps. Combat Speed has been removed and the whole thing feels very similar to PoE1. The Combat Speed Up/Down keybindings in-game will adjust your in-game speed across (0.2x, 1x, 2x, 6x). Pressing F or the Fast Mode toggle key will instantly toggle the speed to 10x for running around maps really fast wheee.
  • AchievementEnabler does what it sounds like - it removes the penalty for using iroll20s in the Console, so you can still gain achievements. If you've previously already used iroll20s I THINK this will re-enable achievements anyway, but I'm not sure.
  • CipherFocus - this was my throwaway test mod. In its current state it just slightly rearranges Focus totals and generation for Ciphers. It's pretty pointless, but I left it as another example anyway.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

PoE2Mods.pw
Modding framework for Pillars of Eternity 2

This framework allows you to make changes to almost the entire gamut of PoE2's codebase. Much like PoE was, PoE2's code appears to be pretty much straight non-obfuscated Unity code, so extremely easy and fun to change to your liking.

Most instructions can be followed directly from Patchwork. This repo includes all of the relevant modifications for PoE already in place. Note that the release version of Patchwork itself is broken, so I highly recommend using the version in this repo.

Current Mods
  • GameSpeed adds a new way-faster speed option and turns the toggle fast/slow hotkeys into scaled steps. Combat Speed has been removed and the whole thing feels very similar to PoE1. The Combat Speed Up/Down keybindings in-game will adjust your in-game speed across (0.2x, 1x, 2x, 6x). Pressing F or the Fast Mode toggle key will instantly toggle the speed to 10x for running around maps really fast wheee.
  • AchievementEnabler does what it sounds like - it removes the penalty for using iroll20s in the Console, so you can still gain achievements. If you've previously already used iroll20s I THINK this will re-enable achievements anyway, but I'm not sure.
  • CipherFocus - this was my throwaway test mod. In its current state it just slightly rearranges Focus totals and generation for Ciphers. It's pretty pointless, but I left it as another example anyway.

That's great. I guess it now becomes possible to change base attributes' effects and turn the d100 to a d20.

Trash Player

Scholar
Wouldn't know since normal people play with expert and all hints turned off.

Btw I dislike active/passive skills a lot. It's absolutely useless and just gives you less character building choices. Say I want barbarian who is athletical and sneaky, but I must still pick passive skills for him. Just give me 2 sp/level I will figure out what I want myself.
Active skills have immense gameplay benefits while passive skills are relatively tame. Think of it as Major/Minor instead and you get the gist.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Well you guys were right, PoTD is actually decently hard. Looks like I'll actually have to optimize rather than go all commando, but I'd rather have that than a jumped up Story Mode, aka Veteran.

mildTea

Learned
Companions are decline. Aside from Pirate orlan all of them are generic as fuck. Only pirate orlan feel like he is living person
While PoE1 had Durance and GM so far PoE2 has nothing, even pirate i mentioned so far isn't as good as those two.

Yep, for all the areas they tried to stretch and improve into, Obsidian seems like it finally lost it's "touch", something they excelled at. There is no character you meet and just listen in awe. The voice acting is also not there. I miss meeting Kaelyn the Dove and just blankly staring at the screen mesmerised by dialogue about strange worlds and odd celestial politics and philosophies delivered by hauntingly beautiful voice.

The last bastion for me was Durance. He just drawn you into ancient history and was well written and voiced. In this game, we don't really have anyone of that caliber. Instead we have bioware gender fluid romances now.

I'm confused. From reading the thread about PoE1 I had the impressioned Durance and GM were the most hated NPCs. Personally, I liked Durance, didn't care that much for GM. Did the 'Codex opinion on Durance shifted or is my memory failing me?

Trash Player

Scholar
Got my ass kicked in a ship boarding combat. Managed it the second time around. The game is not so easy after you get past the initial areas.
Boarding can be very hard if you have few crew members: there can be more enemies than a bounty or a set peice.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
all the parts in poe2 where they try to go Fancy (tm)(c)(r) are disastrous, i skip them faster than the narrator can start speaking
how do you know they're disastrous if you skip them

The same way you can tell every Darth Roxor post is going to be some edgelord contrarian shit without ever reading it

Darth Roxor = the Contrarian

Everyone but him
Core is black as pitch
Soul is out of tune
Advocate of none
Beware, belie his smile
Will cost you everything
Cloak and masquerades
Contempt for everyone
Hello, hello, he lied

Does Maynard read 'Codex?

That is actually anti trump album shame mayanrd gone full left-wing extremism.

Parabalus

Arcane
Active skills have immense gameplay benefits while passive skills are relatively tame. Think of it as Major/Minor instead and you get the gist.
Like a single heal per combat, right.

I don't want balance. I want choice.

This split is pretty smart, limits powergaming - without it sharing your parties skill becomes much more abusable, would make the cool mechanic pointless.

There are a bunch of weapons/armors that get effects based on your skills - found a shield which sucks souls based on Metaphysics and a bow which does +DAM% based on Survival, so passives can effect combat pretty hard.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is shame that it didn't sell good,it is far better than dos2. Even if the game is filled with tubler sjw bullshit and the companions are shit...except the rat and maybe the fanatical chick.

agris

Arcane
Patron
all the parts in poe2 where they try to go Fancy (tm)(c)(r) are disastrous, i skip them faster than the narrator can start speaking
What do you mean, as in involved quests like Planar Sphere, Slavers or Haer'dalis's quest? What's fancy in this context?

AwesomeButton

Patron
What do you mean, as in involved quests like Planar Sphere, Slavers or Haer'dalis's quest? What's fancy in this context?
I think he meant writing style that gets ahead of itself too much.

Shadenuat

Arcane
This split is pretty smart, limits powergaming
in a single player game

right

:littlemissfun:

I've yet to use a single consumable except one healing pot btw. They're powerful (like +acc drug on high alchemy character is like +15 to hit), but not required and buffs don't stack I believe, so a +20acc from spell would replace it anyway.

Which makes me wonder - why bombs, drugs, scrolls. Like, instead of bombs you can use scrolls anyway. So just pump Arcana and spam spells. Potions have some effects scrolls don't have I guess.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
We've been over this, there is a large segment of morons who don't police themselves about their powergaming making the game boring, and then go to forums and cry "the game is boring/broken it's Josh's fault".

It's enough to remember Dragonul's inanity in the KCD thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom