Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Arkane founder Raf Colantonio resigns (aka The Prince of Failure)

Heretic

Cipher
I'm definitely looking forward to more social justice, clumsy parallels to current politics and overall more "minorities" like women and homosexuals in Arkane games.
:argh:

Latelistener

Arcane
Can it be really that hard to find competent writers these day? Or does Harvey simply not give a shit anymore?
I don't think Harvey will be allowed to rule the studio. As far as I know he'll be leading the Texas branch.
They have a new management in Lyon, and I'll assume they're going full SJW.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
:salute:

Though, since Shadow of Mordor? AAA has sucked hard for over a decade now.

Disagree with the first tweet entirely though. Must all genres really have all those things? When I pick up a straight FPS I don't want playstyle choice or simulation design. I want balls-to-the-wall shooting action.
I am very much against that notion, yet it does seem to be happening regardless, what with everything being shit RPG-lite games these days.

Latelistener

Arcane
When I pick up a straight FPS I don't want playstyle choice or simulation design. I want balls-to-the-wall shooting action.
There aren't any left anymore.
Far Cry is probably the most popular SP shooter on the market right now, and the series was into the stuff since the beginning.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More game design thoughts from Raph, and also he's tired of making big budget games:

incline.png

Looks like he's itching to make games again!

Last edited:

Big Wrangle

Despite everything, I'd trust him on the helm of System Shock 3 and Underworld Ascendant more than anyone at Otherside.

Ash

Arcane
The time has come Sir Colantonio. Bless the unworthy industry and audience with Arx Fatalis 2! No more half-measures. No more compromises. No more 4 day chairs. Give us the real deal again.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
OtherSide is also based on Texas right? One can only hope :negative:. I don't trust Warren with jackshit

Latelistener

Arcane
I don't trust Raphael much either.
While Arkane is (was?) a good studio by modern standards, it's not Looking Glass and it never will be.
Arx Fatalis is their best game, and every game after was worse despite bigger budgets and more manpower.
I'm not even saying about "hardcore" features they cut out from Prey.

Well, at least there is a mod, but

Unfortunately this mod does NOT enable Oxygen use nor weapon degradation. I have been unable to get these features working

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More Raph tweets:

"my games", "In the future"

incline.png

Also life as a pizza house owner and father:

"My kid makes a better pizza than me! Future generation whoa"

Ash

Arcane
When I pick up a straight FPS I don't want playstyle choice or simulation design. I want balls-to-the-wall shooting action.
There aren't any left anymore.
Far Cry is probably the most popular SP shooter on the market right now, and the series was into the stuff since the beginning.

Well, by "pick up" I meant download some old FPS. My most recent FPS games were Heretic (1994) and Disruptor (1996).

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
"Is it just me or do you agree that every generation kicks the previous generation’s ass? I’m very impressed with younger artists and developers. I feel like as a species we keep getting better (unlike what my parents’ generation would say haha)"

No. The only thing improving is technology, and thereby convenience. People have the ability to produce technically competent illustration more easily, efficiently and consistently but the amount of great artists is lower than ever. Or anyone producing anything remotely unique or expressive for that matter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom