Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cnaiur

Augur
Well, the first hours on the critical path are way too simple, but at level 6/7 I'm now exploring some of the islands and optional encounters - and some of them are kicking my ass at Veteran difficulty (Ruins of Amira, the ruffians that come after you when you buy off the Wizard's debt with Harker, the bounty fight with Torkar directly in Lifter's Refuge..).

Don't know how it'll go from here (not even reached Athka...eh, Nekataka yet), but there are some difficult encounters to be found away from the main quest.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
My PC is a chanter and I just realized I've clocked 8 hours without even setting up any of his chants. Everything was dying so fast, it just slipped my mind.

What were Sawyers 3 core design principles, again?

Exploration of beautiful environments - successful.

Compelling story - remains to be seen.

Deep tactical combat -

:despair:

They make game for broad audience.

Broad audience play-to-win, losing is unacceptable or God forbid learning from mistakes.

Okay so I went down to the Old City in the Gullet.

Got one conch to fit in the wall next to a huge bobbit worm thingy, where's the second one tho? can't seem to find

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
One is in the Serpent district, one is in a blue pool in the Old City

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
My PC is a chanter and I just realized I've clocked 8 hours without even setting up any of his chants. Everything was dying so fast, it just slipped my mind.

What were Sawyers 3 core design principles, again?

Exploration of beautiful environments - successful.

Compelling story - remains to be seen.

Deep tactical combat -

:despair:

They make game for broad audience.

Broad audience play-to-win, losing is unacceptable or God forbid learning from mistakes.

He's probably playing on normal/classic which is easy as hell for PoE

Trashos

Arcane
Can we create a seperate thread where all the ubermensch alt right alpha chads constantly complain about sjw infested genderfluid homosexual depravity and brofist eachother to oblivion?

Because its getting pretty jarring to read this shit here.

Didn't the political discussion remain in the Kingdom Come thread (IIRC)? Why should this thread be different?

Gremius

Augur
Can we create a seperate thread where all the ubermensch alt right alpha chads constantly complain about sjw infested genderfluid homosexual depravity and brofist eachother to oblivion?

Because its getting pretty jarring to read this shit here.

Didn't the political discussion remain in the Kingdom Come thread (IIRC)? Why should this thread be different?
Because in KCD thread there wasn't many topics you could talk about it, besides tons of bugs, broken mechanics, how the game tries be as witchery as it can be or how SJW were offended by not including black people in historic accurate european game.

In PoE2 case, I believe many people would want discuss about many things in this game (because there are things to discuss there, bad and good), without retarded "SJWs TURNED THIS GAME BLACK GAY, ZOMG!!11" 50 thread pages offtopic garbage.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
'k this is definitely picking up after the clunky intro. Writing is a lot less heavy, situations make some kind of sense, and exploration is fun. Could definitely use a rebalance though, this ain't exactly challenging. Moment-to-moment gameplay is noticeably improved from P1, and I'm getting used to everything-per-encounter. The setting also feels lived-in, like it's there on its own terms, not just as a theme park for you to fix.

I still think the health mechanic is :decline: though; there are a fair few traps that slap injuries on you if you're not careful, but it feels a bit heavy-handed as rest-encouragement-mechanics go.

All in all this is... not bad, really. So far at least.

Edit: spoke too soon, now it CTDs on start... oh Obsidian, don't ever change
dragonul09 you're trying too hard. The game's not doing so bad. It has a very good reception and decent sales and will keep selling. They released it mid-week with bugs, it will pick up.

hivemind I thought you hated Deadfire, you played through the whole night??? :o

AUTISM INCARNATE

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Why does the VO of a text node not stop when skipped, and instead going to another node with another speaker there are two voices going on at once? :lol: Holy shit!

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
That opening sequence is going to be annoying on following playthroughs.
And I kurwa wonder when they are going to understand that nobody interjects words from their language when they are mówić (translation: speaking) in other language.
This is actually something Californians would have relevant experience in. Tons of the Spanish speakers inject Spanish when they're speaking English and English when they're speaking Spanish. Well at least with each other. It is silly when they're talking to someone who wouldn't understand it.

A really small thing - but in District 9 people said that it was a plot hole that the Prawns spoke in their language, the humans spoke back in English - but they understood each other. It never stuck out to me because in South Africa its pretty common to have a conversation flow between two people speaking two different languages. Perhaps its a byproduct of having a population where most speakers are at least bilingual.

Languages and culture are extremely interlinked.

I hope you are not white farmer in South Africa

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've met a blind NPC and he still had a vision cone :decline:

Did some questing in Neketaka yesterday. Game's looking better and better tbh. Most of the quest seem to have multiple ways to solve them, good use of skill checks (lot of combat seems avoidable with appropriate skills), factions seem quite well done too.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
So, I reclassed to barbarian/shattered pillar. It felt like turning the difficulty down.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Performance is too inconsistent for me.

World map navigation is a pain with huge stuttering all around.

Big areas like fort dreadlight have fps drops just like the white march. I guess i'll wait some patches.

Patches cant solve this stop using outdated hardware.

I7 - Geforce 1070 - every other game goes 60+fps with max settings.

U meant stop using outdated engine in making games i guess.

Pillarrs of eternity 1 intel pentium dual core e5200 3Ghz 4 GB 800Mhz ram DDR2 ATI HD 6670 2 Gb Gddr3 35+ FPS most 22 FPS Worst

I7 gtx 1070 my who the fucks spend this amount of money to play rpgs lol
Lear how to properly configure your PC
Stop mentioning GPU IN CPU intensive game(s)... Educate yourself FFS

U are saying random stuff without any logic.

"who the fuck spend this amount of money to play rpgs lol"

Didn't u just say stop using outdated hardware?

Also, cpu intensive game, a i7 isn't enough for pillars2?

You are clearly a retarded scumbag without any clue on what u're writing, stop smashing the keyboard pls

My english is horrible.It was late... I didnt know your pc rig specs so assumed it was outdated. You dont need i7 and gtx 1070 to play poe thats the point. My old pc is getting min 22 max 35-40 FPS in first poe game...So clearly there is something wrong with your pc BECAUSE YOU COMPLAINED ABOUT FPS IN FIRST GAME.Like i said learn how to configure bios software and hardware properly. it is impossible that im getting better performance in 1 poe then you....

Ruzen

Savant
Dedfire...how suiting
Ok, let's get this one thing out.
The Story is quite boring.
How did these people getting hired at the beginning? They get to be selected just because they are friends with a CEO or somethn?!

Prime Junta

I fucked up my PoE playthrough and lost days of playing and haven't returned to it, and I refuse to start PoE II until I've finished PoE.

So, PoE II.

Is it shit?

Gotta couch my words carefully because it might still turn to shit, but at this point...

If you liked P1, you will probably like P2. Even like it a lot. It's better in many if not most respects, retains many of P1's strengths, and only takes steps backwards in a few areas. Main problem with it right now is version 1.0: i.e., badly needs a whack with Josh's Balance stick, as in, crit path is very easy indeed.

OTOH if you're an IE grog you'll likely hate it, as this is even less of an IE successor than P1. It's a P1 successor and takes the gameplay further from the IE than P1 ever did.

Tons of nods to the IE classics in content though, not least Neketaka which is clearly Athkatla 2018.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom