Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Latro

Arcane
Xoti also flirts & hugs & stuff my male watcher even tho I try to push her to Eder.
nice, tell me how many times she touches the MC and I may buy this

Prime Junta

Anybody else getting a repeatable CTD when traveling from Queen's Berth to the Gullet via the East exit?

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Do we have any info from steamspy on sales? Any steamspy patreoners who can say what the beta formula says for sales?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
From OBS forums' sticky about Known Bugs:

• Players on Story difficulty may find if their crew mutinies, that the crew cannot die keeping the player in combat. Changing the difficulty to Relaxed for the combat then back to Story should fix the issue.

Game so easy it don't even wanna play itself :D

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I was playing this on my beefy desktop, but now my gf is asleep and the desktop monitor always wakes her up. I fired up my three year old MacBook Pro, and while it mostly runs okay, there is one irritating bug:

Every few minutes I won’t be able to click for a few seconds—or rather, the clicks get delayed—the cursor turns from the gauntlet into Apple’s little color wheel equivalent of the windows hourglass, and then after a couple of seconds everything goes back to normal. This repeats more and more frequently the longer the program has been open.

Anyone else encountered this? Any advice?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
In case anyone didn't know the achievements you gain during play can be spent when you start a new game to give you new abilities.

Some let you start at level 4, another double return on skills, gold, etc.

There is one in particular that gives your MC +2 to all stats. I have enough points to unlock it now.

I am wondering if I should start making my min max builds around this now. For some builds that a very stat reliant it could make a difference.

Thoughts? For me I think I actually will start making my builds taking it into account.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Kyl Von Kull

Yeah that's on the Known Bugs list for Macs. Apparently it's happening to most/all Mac users, along with game font corruption.

Salvo

Arcane
Apparently if you betray a certain someone in PoE there's a rather funny consequence in Deadfire.

If you betray Hylea, goddess of birds, your ship gets constantly shat on by seagulls
724c155555.jpg

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
game needs an optimization pass

I'm actually curious if they even booted it up with the recommended specs.

also I made a mistake going barbarian/wizard

is there a cheatcode to respec?

There is a cheatcode to respec, but you have to go through some rigmarole. I'm about to do it for my Hellblade/SoulBlade to Barb/Shattered Pillar

Essentially you *deep breath*

use iroll20s

Use the cheatengine drummerIX made to turn off the achievement flag from using iroll20s so you still get achievements in your save

unequip all your items into your stash (important, the first time I did this I got through and my superb sabers were gonski so I had just wasted all the effort going through character creation, adding abilities and levelling up).

hit C, look at the list of current active abilities and effects you have, pretty much screenshot it.

use the command open character creation

you go through character creation and come out the other side *at lvl 1* with *nothing.* Not even Watcher abilities

Use the console command add abilities to add your abilities back in, basically your watcher abilities and all the "training" you have gotten from the random NPCs littered around the place.

Then, check the total experience of your other party members. This is the total experiene you have got to date in your save, it is NOT the amount for one level. So if it says 40k XP for Eder, that means Eder has earnt 40k xp in total this playthrough

Use the console command Add Experience 40000

Level up from lvl 1 to whatever level Eder is on.

Then "you may" be done, because I haven't done this and I can't check if there are some things that are screwed up by this method.

Barb wizard is actually a fantastic class though, the wizard summoned weapons are ridiculous so you just build a melee wizard and go to town, it's actually a good class. Wizard has a number of melee abilities that are actually good and usable to a barbarain, and the point of the dual class is a weapon called Citzal's spirit lance, which is unique in just how broken it is.

Last edited:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Were there any extra steps in PoE1?

I've just figured that out myself on my own, and I have this strong suspicion that there's probably something else I have missed that will hang the main quest-line or something ridiculous.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm kinda enjoying the game, mostly because my expectations were sub zero.

-Game is easy even in PotD difficulty. Most enemies die easly to my assassins backstabs. Traps are useful.
-Liking the absence of stamina but full HP, resourse regen after combats are a bit much streamlining.
-Writing and quests seem better then first game but it's very early now. Dunno if they'll keep this.
-Got 3 CDTs, mostly entering new maps.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

Neketaka is pretty cool. Clearly inspired by Athkatla. Feels like there's a shitton of stuff there, not half-empty like Defiance Bay.

My ship name is great success, bystanders asking if I arrived on the 8===D.

I do not know why I find the completely naked little characters in the bathhouse so funny but they are.

Tekehu is a giant horndog and I have a general feeling that this is going to go full Love Boat in no time flat.

PrettyDeadman

BTW, then I press ~ it opens gamepad keyboard in Big Picture mode.
ANd there is no Exit Big Picture mod button anymore.
Either you play the game in Big Picture mode or you don't play the game at all.
And the game doesn't even support gamepad properly.
Nice job, Valve.

bataille

Arcane
I'm going to have a few hours to play in a jiffy. I'll immediately start researching the ways to be neutral evil. Will let everyone know about them later! :shittydog:

Prime Junta

What's with the music though, I thought it was supposed to be a live orchestra? I can't make up my mind if it is or not but it does sound awfully... synthetic somehow.

Also it looks like there might be some Hate Boat going too which is :incline: . Two of my party members took an instant dislike to each other in a way that feels quite ... logical really. If it turns out to be tsundere I will be disappoint.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
The really annoying part is you actually want to take both of those together because you honestly want an extra tank without giving up your priest.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
The game has a memory leak, just as much unity games, so just remember to restart the game once in a while, when your fps starts tanking and you get weird stutter..
Just restarting the game fixes all that. I guess they are gonna patch it.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Having Eder and Aloth back is fun, like catching up with old friends. Wishing I hadn't dual-classed Aloth though :negative: I want those high level spells. I'm not fond of Xoti or Serafen yet.

Got party wiped on my first ship combat. A dozen or so pirates boarded and wrecked my shit. I guess I'm not supposed to get within boarding range at this point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom