Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

mastroego

Arcane
So I am now at around page 115, when we learn that the boss's kids were apparently supposed to be "hired" just like their mother and handsomely paid for their precious output as well.

This thread will NEVER be topped.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
So I am now at around page 115, when we learn that the boss's kids were apparently supposed to be "hired" just like their mother and handsomely paid for their precious output as well.

This thread will NEVER be topped.

Bald-faced lies, clearly every effort was made to thriftily stretch your crowdfunding dollars as far as they could go.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Anyway, have I told you guys about an incident I had with Josh?

So this one time I'm standing at the Obsidian cafeteria, just chillin and eating some jelly beans. Suddenly Josh jumps at me from behind and says he has information that somebody is preparing corporate espionage against Obsidian, and he needs to check my bag of jelly beans for electronic surveillance. I was like, okay, sure.

Next day, I run into him during the lunch break, and I ask, 'Hey Josh, how about them jelly beans'.

He looks me dead in the eyes, and says 'Huh?'.

I ask again, and he pokes his finger in my chest and says 'Huh?Huh?'.

He keeps doing this and it is becoming really awkward, so I just turn around and leave.

I tried to mention this to Feargus, but he was busy installing a baby crib in his office, so the newest member of the extended Urquhart family had a place to work.

Last edited:

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Player of Games

One of my all-time favourite books!

The punishment for one criminal in the Empire of Azad always chilled me to the core. So psychotically ingenius.
He's locked in a room with an insane serial rapist, who has been fed huge amounts of hallucinogens and aphrodisiacs. This is broadcast across the planet as entertainment

Lhynn

Arcane
So we learned that Feargus Urquhart is a big fan of young adult male empowerment literature. I have to wonder tho, regardless of if its good or bad, why hasnt obsidian made one of those yet?

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
IHaveHugeNick do I understand correctly that before Obsidian you worked in Black Isle Studios? If it is so, can you tell something about real Fallout 3? Good sources are saying that it was about RPGCodex's favourite topic, i.e. Communism vs Capitalism.

0Ejh5l8.jpg

aratuk

Cipher
Yes, provided that someone can prove the incriminating evidence was there before it was deleted.
That's not as hard as you think. It's one thing to delete e-mails to prevent the public from knowing what existed, and another to delete e-mails and try to lie to your own employees and coworkers about them ever existing. They know better.

I would have been wiser to just say that it’s far from a certainty that the emails still exist, since Obs. aren’t required to keep them, and leave it at that.

So we learned that Feargus Urquhart is a big fan of young adult male empowerment literature. I have to wonder tho, regardless of if its good or bad, why hasnt obsidian made one of those yet?

I wonder if he might be reading these books as a means of fishing for story ideas he could try to purloin for inclusion in his studio’s games. Avellone mentioned that he tried to steal a story idea from Capcom, at one point. Pulp novelists would probably offer less resistance, if they ever even realized what happened. I’d like to believe this because the alternative — that he genuinely enjoys indulging in trashy space operas — would humanize him too much and risk incurring my sympathy.

:M

Absinthe

Arcane
I would have been wiser to just say that it’s far from a certainty that the emails still exist, since Obs. aren’t required to keep them, and leave it at that.
You can play that game if you want but you're asking to get your ass reamed since the courts aren't known to have a sense of humor about this sort of thing and will harshly rule against you. The existence of those e-mails can be corroborated very easily. It's not like no one in the company would back Avellone up. And it'll get even funnier if it turns out, for instance, that Avellone actually has those e-mails backed up or printed out somewhere at home.

Lhynn

Arcane
The general imprisoned in his own armor as punishment was one of my inspirations for Barik's concept in Tyranny.
I really liked the concept for this character. For a lot of characters actually, every archon was fairly interesting.

I actually restarted the game 3 times, and the only time i managed to play it to the end was when i played it solo. Flawed as it was, i was actually looking forward to a sequel. What are the chances of that happening?

ArchAngel

Arcane

So this one time I'm standing at the Obsidian cafeteria, just chillin and eating some jelly beans. Suddenly Josh jumps at me from behind and says he has information that somebody is preparing corporate espionage against Obsidian, and he needs to check my bag of jelly beans for electronic surveillance. I was like, okay, sure.

Next day, I run into him during the lunch break, and I ask, 'Hey Josh, how about them jelly beans'.

He keeps doing this and it is becoming really awkward, so I just turn around and leave.

I tried to mention this to Feargus, but he was busy installing a baby crib in his office, so the newest member of the extended Urquhart family had a place to work.
Keep this up and maybe we forget you were a retard in first 200 pages :P

rohand

Cipher

Channelling Jick Magger I see :lol:

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
The general imprisoned in his own armor as punishment was one of my inspirations for Barik's concept in Tyranny.

Holy shit, I'm surprised that I never made the connection

Bro, people always point to Durance as a total badass (he is), but Greiving Mother is one of the best companions I've ever witnessed in a game and certainly my favourite from PoE. Such an emotional story.:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom