Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

PrettyDeadman

I play as soul blade / devoted death godlike spezializing in dual wielding bastard sword.
19 STR 7 CON 16 DEX 18 PER 12 INT 3 RES

Parabalus

Arcane
How can you open the ability tree menu aside from when you're leveling up?

Also, I'm worried that you get too much experience for everything, I'm already level 5 after finishing the starter island. Hopefully I won't reach max level after two thirds of the game like in PoE 1.

Is the level progression scheme the same? Then no, you won't. You would finish Act I in PoE around level 5, or almost 5. The progression is 1000, 3000, 6000, 10000, 15000, 21000 etc.

That, and the quest XP for the main quest is an 10x that of the side quests, and first island naturally is main heavy. It was like that in PoE1 too, except for the ridiculous bounties.

hivemind

just got off the phone with my people in eurogamer

it seems that they are very disappointed by the game and the review there is gonna be neutral to neutral-positive at best

hivemind

So is it me or voice acting at many places feels... amateurish?
rumor is that VA is actually where most of the money laundering happened
they just took random people off the street, gave them like twenty bucks, but internally billed it as if for a professional voice actor

ArchAngel

Arcane
Of course ... hehe.

Just attacking from range in stealth will trigger sneak attack, for backstab you need to be <2m.

Unrelated to that sometimes when attacking from stealth the first attack won't trigger recovery, I'm guessing the arrow launches and combat only triggers on hit, so the character auto recovers since OoC, letting you double hit at start.
That sounds just like how Surprise attack works in D&D. And usually Rogues specialize in getting it :)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hey guys did anyone knows the console command for nofog ? The visual circle around the party is idioticlly small,you can't see past your nose.

hivemind

Hey guys did anyone knows the console command for nofog ? The visual circle around the party is idioticlly small,you can't see past your nose.
they removed console commands because they were afraid that it would break their """code"""(if you can really call something so feeble a code)

So, hard or expert mode?
pretty much no difference between the two its a purely cosmetic change
its all incredibly easy

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't wait for the first really bad review to hit the surface. It will be cherished as the only review with at least some cred.
This will actually happen. The game can have a hundred great reviews, but if one bad one is out, the Codex will find that and hail it as the one true, objective review. Which is kinda moronic, but it's how the Codex rolls.

Wolfe

Arbiter
There was some sort of graph floating around that showed how many ability points single class and multiclass characters gain at each level. Can anyone link to it?

Parabalus

Arcane
There was some sort of graph floating around that showed how many ability points single class and multiclass characters gain at each level. Can anyone link to it?

+2 when you get a power level, +1 otherwise, for both single and multi. It was changed to this on release.

Sabotin

Scholar
If anyone's interested, the VO is stored in \StreamingAssets\Audio\Windows\Voices\English(US). There's foldiers with files you can just rename/delete to disable certain VO. I renamed the "narrator" foldier and it seems to work without breaking anything, even in conversations with multiple voices.

Now, anyone knows if it's possible to globaly make the "links" in the text the default color (instead of blue/green and whatnot)? The stuff that you can mouse over for more information but makes some conversations look like a wiki article?

Mazisky

Magister
Inns are cool with nice music and people walking and sitting and leaving, all places seem alive compared to Poe1, feels more lilke a real environment

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Okay, so, most of that should have been cut. Just keep the Eothas animation, the afterlife scene, and then wake up on the beach, and let you just interrogate Edér and the Steward about WTF happened if you have to, and do the combat tutorial fighting boars on the beach. It would've been much more focused. This way it's just a muddle with a barrel of expository bridge and DM glue.

Also, it is "exactly" like DOS2 starts. So, they could have changed little. I dont see the point of DIE-BACK-ALMOST DIE AGAIN

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm not against playing this but it's been years since I played PoE1 and I have zero memory of the lore, characters and mechanics. The idea I'd have to go through all the lore and plot and relearn the gameplay is a very cold shower on my small flickering flame of interest.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom