Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mazisky

Magister
Stuff about music i analyzed :

Combat track 1: horrible (to the point i think it's a placeholder, shame if not)

Combat track 2: boring

Combat track 3: good

Combat track 4: pretty good

Exploration track 1: same track of Poe 1

Exploration track 2: same track of Poe 1

Exploration track 3: very nice

World map track: awesome

Last edited:

Jezal_k23

There can't be only one new exploration track. That would make the game's soundtrack almost non-existent.

Also, I'm strongly inclined toward making a barb because Carnage is my favorite thing in PoE. Any build suggestions?

Mazisky

Magister
There can't be only one new exploration track. That would make the game's soundtrack almost non-existent.

Also, I'm strongly inclined toward making a barb because Carnage is my favorite thing in PoE. Any build suggestions?

I know, we'll see when the game is released. That's all i caught (sorry) from the stream for now.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
I would just like to remind everyone that "professional" reviews do not matter and to contain your hype.

Yeah, you're right, they don't...cos I already told ye'all it'll be GoTY 2018 many times since figstarter :dance:

Its turd in the global sales now btw.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
It's not really hard to be GOTY when there's like 0 RPG releases this year. It's 2014 v2.0 - where Dragon Age Inquisition won GOTY awards despite being the biggest pile of shit I've ever had the displeasure of booting up.

Molina

Savant
It's not really hard to be GOTY when there's like 0 RPG releases this year. It's 2014 v2.0 - where Dragon Age Inquisition won GOTY awards despite being the biggest pile of shit I've ever had the displeasure of booting up.
I'm new here, so I don't want to contradict you, but Diso elysium will be released this year.

Quillon

Arcane

Dude its an "old-skool" iso RPG vs god of war and whatever else :P

Sentinel

Arcane
I'm new here, so I don't want to contradict you, but Diso elysium will be released this year.
I'd heard about it but it sounded like a case of "everyone knows it's gonna be shit but we'll mention it anyway just for laughs". Checked the steam page and the cop RPG angle has me interested. Will keep tabs on it.
Thanks man.

himmy

Arcane
My predictions for how the game will be received:

Reviewers: Hey, this game is pretty fun to play!

Normal gamers: Hey, this game is pretty fun to play!

Codex: Some mechanical and/or narrative details that most people don't notice or think about make this literal garbage and an unmitigated disaster.

Sentinel

Arcane
implying anyone outside of the codex will care about the gameplay while they're entertained jacking off to the romances & praising how diverse the sexuality is

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
implying anyone outside of the codex will care about the gameplay while they're entertained jacking off to the romances & praising how diverse the sexuality is

> I put on my robe and tinfoil hat

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom