Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

Reinhardt

Arcane
:negative:
2wf679u.jpg

Tormented Seph

Scholar
Avellone is destroying Urquhart.
A lot of codexians are happy.
Suddenly some users start speaking about offtopic GG and other OT shit.
How to kill an epic thread: the Tutorial.

:hero:

Fairfax

Arcane
Something I've been wondering, Chris Avellone if you'd like to share: do you think you have a book in you? You've a large body of work in the game industry that's for the most part been received very well. Now you're financially set, is there an inclination to set some time aside to write a novel; create your own world to tell stories in?
He did write a WL2 novel + 4 novellas, but they still have to be edited.

All this talk about Obsidian makes me wonder if other studios are such dumpster fires. Even ones that seem successfully managed from the outside.

EDIT: One could argue inXile is an obvious choice, but I wonder if TTON was an isolated incident. Notwithstanding growing pain from trying to relearn making rpgs with WL2.
Obsidian's upper management stands out because of all the malicious things, not just the mismanagement. Monty Markland gave InXile a lot of shit and called out specific people from the TTON team, but IIRC his only criticism of Fargo was that he overextended as creative and executive, which isn't nearly as bad as Feargus stuff.

Blaine getting added to the ignore list wasn't something I saw coming.

Jessica's really attractive though. Like "Are you sure you two are blood-related..?" attractive.

Edit: fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Jessica_Edge you people

I remember some ass old photo where she was leaning on a car hood or something. That was daymn.

I remember seeing a lot more glamour pics like that, but alas, I didn't care enough about it at the time to save them.

On the upside, I did find these peak-Jessica pics from when she was in her early/mid-20s.
h1l27iz.jpg

wG9MYpm.jpg

RepHope and Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybrid must be regretting their disagreement ratings now.
Feargus used to cry about people at BIS having to use outdated computers, but it seems money to hire family members wasn't a problem. :M

Athos

Arcane
Avellone is destroying Urquhart.
A lot of codexians are happy.
Suddenly some users start speaking about offtopic GG and other OT shit.
How to kill an epic thread: the Tutorial.

:hero:
This is the codexian yearly bacchanalia, nothing out of the ordinary. Be sure to register in Italian the sacred words of Avellone for his church and posterity.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
90+ of pages and no one tried to tag or ban these disgusting Obsidian fanboys? And is Master Chris Avellone (MCA) for you, you fucking mongolod.
I wouldn’t ban or tag anyone, I don’t think that helps a discussion – if someone has an opinion, they should be free to express it.
Ah, fuck it, you're a shill. Done with you - keep supporting Feargus and shitting over the Indiana team, that's exactly the support they need to make a great RPG, you colossal fuck.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
90+ of pages and no one tried to tag or ban these disgusting Obsidian fanboys? And is Master Chris Avellone (MCA) for you, you fucking mongolod.
I wouldn’t ban or tag anyone, I don’t think that helps a discussion – if someone has an opinion, they should be free to express it.
Ah, fuck it, you're a shill. Done with you - keep supporting Feargus and shitting over the Indiana team, that's exactly the support they need to make a great RPG, you colossal fuck.

You gotta cut him some slack, dude. He was awake for like thirty hours sorting through Codex shitposts. What can change the nature of a man? Well, sorting through Codex shitposts is one of them.

This is the codexian yearly bacchanalia, nothing out of the ordinary. Be sure to register in Italian the sacred words of Avellone for his church and posterity.

Wow dude, people dragging threads off-topic? Never happens, totally unprecedented!

Man, a developer told Blaine off? I bet that's never happened before, surely he'll slink away from the Codex in shame now. Here, let me add some negative ratings, that should seal the deal.

It's like these people just got off the boat from RPG Watch. They should get back on the damned boat soon, though, in my opinion.

Athos

Arcane
Wow dude, people dragging threads off-topic? Never happens, totally unprecedented!

Man, a developer told Blaine off? I bet that's never happened before, surely he'll slink away from the Codex in shame now. Here, let me add some negative ratings, that should seal the deal.

It's like these people just got off the boat from RPG Watch. They should get back on the damned boat soon, though, in my opinion.
You should quote the dude above me, Blaine. Every year the Codex has a drama thread, this year it is just extra spicy.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
You should quote the dude above me, Blaine.

Not to worry, you're fine.

Anyway, Chris is MIA for his own reasons, possibly sleeping for 18-24 hours straight. I'm going to go play some computer games while the forum lefties indulge their victim complexes and imagine that the mean ol' Codex Nazis ran him off.

You gotta cut him some slack, dude. He was awake for like thirty hours sorting through Codex shitposts. What can change the nature of a man? Well, sorting through Codex shitposts is one of them.
I don't buy this "he is so tired he is saying mean things" excuse. It is the other way around. He is so tired that he don't have the energy to self-censorsing himself anymore and the insults follow suit. I told you. Moreover, notice how the staff is completely hypocritcal about the way it distribute tags. This I Have a Huge Nick is an Obsidian spambot in every thread. He is been doing this for years. Zero tags.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
I wonder what Avellone thinks of the Souls games success ( action rpgs sure) and the new wave of Euro rpgs like the games from Spiders Devs etc. Also will he work with Larian again?

Efe

Erudite
Chris, are you satisfied with how overfall turned out?
imho it plays like a pop reference wreck that tried to bank on your name

toucanplay

Novice
Everyone should have already known that working for anyone called F. Urquhart is only going to lead to some serious problems... although at least one of them seems competent at managing their evilness.

Urquhart.jpg

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I like how some people are still trying to impose Order on this primordial soup of a thread with petitions to move Communism/SJW/GG posts somewhere else. Submit to the soup, and free yourself of the burden of achieving any semblance of control. #HumanHive

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom