Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Elex

Arbiter
rjj9EiH.png

Wasn't this at like 5th place 2 days ago? What the fuck happened
people is watching streamer like a bible: the game is considere a joke for the difficulty level.

streaming have multiplied x100 the “i don’t need to play a game for know if the game is #insertwhatyouwant

Last edited:

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
It will bomb tremendously and no gay shark will save it. It's a shame, there're so many good ideas here and there but Obsidian tried too hard to sell Oldschool-RPG to teen crowd with short attention span. Won't work out and there will be massive outrage for not being able to gay romance Eder. Firedorn will be a joke compared to this.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think it will be good. Better than pillars 1 at least. Edgy codexers aside. It wont be as good as planescape or something, it will be pretty decent, and at the very worst, it will be like poe 2 which is okay actually. Not brilliant, but feels enough to scratch the itch

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
so we all agree that the difficulty of choice should be POTD right? I was going to start on veteran but even potd seems ez this time

It seems so. At any rate, you can always dial down the difficulty if you don't like it. I'm gon start a POTD playthrough. I played veteran in poe1

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Based on Chris' revelations, my conclusion is that Feargus is the chief decline-enabler (romances, "sex up this or that character", VO, and such shit), not some SJW writers.

Last edited:

Diablo169

Arcane
I've watched quite a few hours, but stopped for the time being. From what I've seen so far the story and setting seem a lot more interesting this time. I'm a sucker for pirates though so that might play into it.

Certainly doesn't seem as dry as the first game.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How did you do that?

I've always had inevitable slowdowns in Defiance Bay and I've proved it before

My PC is the following: i7 4790k, 16GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 980 Ti.

640 x 480, 256 colours

3840x2160, and I'm running around Copperlane with 55+ FPS. Only in the middle of the market does it go around 50-49, and in the place you showed it drops to 46-48, but I don't really care, who spends any time there anyway. The other Defiance bay districts are at 60+ FPS.

Stalwart is more choppy however - it averages around 45-47.

Here is a screenshot for you:
a2Xojy7.jpg

Re how -- I don't know, I'm not doing anything special. One advice I can give you is stop all your torrent clients. You should never run a torrent client at the same time as your steam client anyway, because ol' Gabe is spying what processes you are running, and
piracy.png
is bad. Also stop your browsers, and anything else that could be taking up RAM and CPU resources. I don't know if you are running PoE through the Steam client, but the client is a little hog too. One more reason I buy from GoG whenever I can.

Last edited:

Mazisky

Magister
45 fps no matter how powerful is your rig is shit optimization. No matter if you can still play and have fun, performance is bad. That s just a fact

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Is that Tom Cruise as the 2nd portrait from the right? :-o

Also yeah, if the game can't be run stable 60 fps in 1080p, game is very shit optimized. thats just a fact.

But UNITY, so what u gon do

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
How did you do that?

I've always had inevitable slowdowns in Defiance Bay and I've proved it before

My PC is the following: i7 4790k, 16GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 980 Ti.

640 x 480, 256 colours

3840x2160, and I'm running around Copperlane with 55+ FPS. Only in the middle of the market does it go around 50-49, and in the place you showed it drops to 46-48, but I don't really care, who spends any time there anyway. The other Defiance bay districts are at 60+ FPS.

Stalwart is more choppy however - it averages around 45-47.

Here is a screenshot for you:
a2Xojy7.jpg

Re how -- I don't know, I'm not doing anything special. Once advice I can give you is stop all your torrent clients. You should never run a torrent client at the same time as your steam client anyway, because ol' Gabe is spying what processes you are running, and
piracy.png
is bad. Also stop your browsers, and anything else that could be taking up RAM and CPU resources. I don't know if you are running PoE through the Steam client, but the client is a little hog too. One more reason I buy from GoG whenever I can.

GO to settings and disable everything you can graphics and gui included then report.

AwesomeButton

Patron
45 fps no matter how powerful is your rig is shit optimization. No matter if you can still play and have fun, performance is bad. That s just a fact
45 FPS on 4K is still excusable in my book. You are right, it's a hog, but when you're developing with a framework that targets 27 different platforms with the same 3D engine, that's the price you are paying for not writing your own engine optimised for your purposes.

Is that Tom Cruise as the 2nd portrait from the right? :-o

Also yeah, if the game can't be run stable 60 fps in 1080p, game is very shit optimized. thats just a fact.

But UNITY, so what u gon do
No, it's my co called "gay" elf ranger, which some closet faggots here found so amusing.

I lifted it from deviantart: https://nathie.deviantart.com/art/Noruan-319118574

Beware, the artist has huge amounts of gay drawings/paintings posted. Although judging by some people's remarks, it may be right up their alley.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom