Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DraQ

Arcane
Moar customized space autism:
4EADC97B3EDD2F1F55113569C571BDC7F675E737

7CE6A8E079A2DF2FE93DA6EE347C28C841A8B096

97DD59954EB44F5757A7AE3D0E2A68B970CC87A8

60137D11BBE6AFE3ACC6E438EFA83443B7EEBD72

D8DEC95C5D60F7CB2CD53FA3186FBEE90C9A8172

26550B660FFE19DDF978F2F9044748460A5E9811
:obviously:

spekkio

Arcane
All usual elements of metroidvania are here. Bosses:

zkTefpa.png

Shopkeepers Andy:

BgBei5X.png

And magical fountains giving shapeshifting powers:

Z9SKwdX.png

Wait, what?

:hmmm:

Oh yeah. There are three of them. A dashing monkey, used for EXTREME jumping:

ZgJW0d8.png

nGVMtv6.png

A majestic elephant, useful when you have to break some shit:

vDpVdTa.png

And a sexy mermaid for swimming (below, the yellow guy is just a quest-related baby squid):

Tb6Hy8E.png

Anyway, Shantae has to battle her evil alt:

0y8iTRe.png

And then, the busty threat is finished!

ArS7CsV.png

x4UZ2Pg.png

But our heroine has to condition the fuck out her split ends, becuz':

FBBbWe0.png

:obviously:

XLc8HhZ.png

Unfortunately, my run was so slow, I just got the shitty regular ending pic, instead of more spicy ones:

Rdd7shg.png

:negative:

But at least I unlocked an alternative costume:

3GzN7NA.png

:incline:

Final verdict: Awesome.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Let me get this straight: This is a Metroid-vania that rewards you with "spicy" pics of the babe protagonist if you beat it fast enough?

In other words, it's a glorified "Try not to cum"-game?

DeepOcean

Arcane
warpig said:
Front Mission 3 is one of my favorite games ever. If only modding it was possible, since it's certainly not perfect (could've been more difficult for example).
Still: good / great combat system, fantasticly crazy characters, two different campaigns, tons of tweaking options, interesting and truly EPIC story, mini-internet minigame (with hacking, using programs and whatnot). And all of this made in 1998, fitting on a single CD...

:salute:
How about playing Battletech, spekkio, to see if it is a better tactics game?:troll:

spekkio

Arcane
From what I've heard only NASA has computers strong enough to play Battletech ATM. :obviously:

The last "new" (leeched right after the premiere) mainstream game I've played was probably Dishonored 1. I just have no interest in current "regular" games, since all of them are either totally shit or at least broken in some aspects (performance, SJW, controls). Indie games are different story, some of them are still great (Mark of the Ninja, Invisible Inc., Xenonauts, Iconoclasts come to mind).

tl;dr

If it's bigger than 1 5 GB, I'm not interested.

spekkio

Arcane
Also, to add content:

gVVeTqo.jpg

Can't wait to meet my old genocidal pal, Adolf Christian, again!

:yeah:

eLaA4Xi.jpg

:what:

What the actual fuck? Where's our red-headed genocidal maniac?

:decline:

But the beginning of the game looks typical (falling from the sky / being washed off the shore):

Q06XDAu.jpg

zzdd6nJ.jpg

When suddenly!

X9d0Lbj.jpg

It looks like our non-consensual hero Adolf wuz actually there! ;)

Anyway, in during incline:

ZSHP5Ao.jpg

:dance:

Man, replaying IWD made me realize it's my absolute favourite IE game. It's also beautiful, with great art design throughout. Locations are varied and everything just feels right. It's so refreshing to play something that's 99% gameplay with zero bullshit, framed by a strong story without any overwritten pap. Everything loads instantly and it runs on a calculator. What's not to love?
iwd2fxr9k.jpg

It's pretty depressing that 18 years later Obsidian can't come anywhere close to their Black Isle output.

Last edited:

Blonsky

Prophet
Demons Rise: Lords of Chaos

Its a port of a mobile game but still a pretty decent one.

So at the beginning you have to pick 6 characters, from 20 premade ones, that will help a demon prince destroy the lands of man, dwarf and elfs.
SUBcePr.jpg

Perfect

The AI has problems with fighting in tight places, sending ranged units close to the melee units and dosnt use skill that often, but it can be tricky on higher difficulties and alot of the missions they keep spamming reinforcements.
dbOHlsZ.jpg

The dwarfs have set up a trap for our prince and we have to defend him.
YHR8u4u.jpg

How about you guys keep fighting each other and just let us pass.
ZdkwQeI.jpg

They never listen.
SGWz03C.jpg

Honestly this is my third party, i just play the campaign until i figure out a good tactics and then i restart.
At start you have to grind for levels until you can finish the first missions on extreme difficulty and then just keep replaying them to get biggest gold rewards and buy epic equipment.

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's that time again.

This is no way to treat m'lady

Tall, dark and heavily armed

Dance puppets, dance

Surprise motherfuckers

Ventrues have taste, I'll give them that at least

Die die die die die

Surprise motherfucker

M'lady has studied the blade well

Where you going boy? We were just starting to have fun.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning deb of night.

:what:

:love:

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
tZ94NNH.png

So I was totally done with the game (I swear!) but then I noticed the crappy old Rome scenario and I just had to finish it as well. :lol:

I mostly relied on elephants and catapults to conquer towns and clay. Walled cities were highly problematic so I used a lot of diplomats to bribe dissidents into surrendering the towns, and in retrospect that was pretty much how sieges tended to work during the Punic Wars and what have you. Cost a ton of gold, so I played with zero research and full tax collection.

Rome itself was a tough nut to crack though because I couldn't bribe the capital, ended up wasting a ton of units encircling and battering down its defenders.

O7mLVYI.png

And there's yet anutha sight to behold, complete with the inconceivable angle bound to trigger the resident good goy.

iwd4wepcy.jpg

Finished IWD. Belhifet bugged out during my run. I guess I would kill him too fast or something, I had 500 buffs and killed the golems in 2 seconds, then I proceeded to maul him but he stayed in a "near death" state for like 10 minutes. Next run I didn't cast haste and it was over in about 15 seconds.

Overall the game was even better than I remembered. I can safely say this is my favourite IE game, by far and I've played them all numerous times. The loot is a great median between BG1's stringency and BG2's ridiculous monty haul. There are some incredibly powerful items here, but I don't feel like they break the game completely, with the possible exception of the Messenger of Sseth bow. It's pretty hilarious to see a fully buffed Ranger attacking 8 times per round with a THAC0 of -10. Too bad I played with the nerfed Acid arrows.

Onwards to

:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom