Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Console is always good to have. I used it extensively in PoE 1 to customize attributes for the Story-NPCs, and in my first playthrough to fix stat-related bugs. I also used it a lot in my last playthrough to try out different builds and just to have fun, for example I made Durance a Monk via console commands, instead of a Priest.

Modron

Arcane
The only thing I used a console on recently was playing Icewind Dale 2 because a script just would not trigger for me and I found the needed command over on sorcerer's. The time before that probably a VtMB replay, I am a cultured gentleman and only use money 1.2 because any larger generates clipping issues.

PrettyDeadman

Cheating in modern game? Why?
A game without a console is a half game. I personally do like to mess around with shit on a second playthrough. If AoD didn't have console most people wouldn't have been able to finish it and enjoy it.
What the fuck? I played it and enjoyed it without console... who are you people?
If you played AoD without a console then you missed at least 50% of the game because you failed the skill checks which are impossible to meet without prior knowledge of the game and thus you are not quailified to express your opinion on AoD.

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Console is always good to have. I used it extensively in PoE 1 to customize attributes for the Story-NPCs, and in my first playthrough to fix stat-related bugs. I also used it a lot in my last playthrough to try out different builds and just to have fun, for example I made Durance a Monk via console commands, instead of a Priest.
I had to use it to teleport out of the dungeon in the noble guy castle. There were a few more bugs that i had to use the console.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
To me, console functions are not about cheating, but about resolving all kinds of shit that I always manage to run in to during play. A game without console functionality is a game I'll probably never play simply because I know I'll run into some semi- or wholly-broken questline, or find some ability or skill or something that doesn't work as all like it should, or anything to that effect. Fuck that.

Reinhardt

Arcane
33u908w.jpg

PrettyDeadman

Playing as a druid right now and the game is much easier.
5 charisma gives so much space for stats (16 str, 16 dex, 16 end an 16 wisdom).

Thonius

Arcane
Whole point of AOD is to replay game... god damn mongoloid.
I have enough good games to replay than to waste my time on artificially gated part of the game,worst of all they were pointlessly gated.
You realize that your mindset is exactly the reason why you can be head of all guilds in Oblivion?
"Oh noes muh powerfantasy oh noes! I want to be jack of all trades and be master at the same time! I want choices without consequences! In fact I don't want choices at all! I want all and now! Give give!"

Use degenrate cheating or not; that is upto personal tastes.

But having a console is an additional option and always good to have. Many screwy triggers/scripts etc. can be quickfixed via console for example.

Only a retard would oppose a console.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Whole point of AOD is to replay game... god damn mongoloid.
I have enough good games to replay than to waste my time on artificially gated part of the game,worst of all they were pointlessly gated.
You realize that your mindset is exactly the reason why you can be head of all guilds in Oblivion?
"Oh noes muh powerfantasy oh noes! I want to be jack of all trades and be master at the same time! I want choices without consequences! In fact I don't want choices at all! I want all and now! Give give!"
And your problem is what? That i don't want to waste my time replaying a game that i have already seen past its tricks? You have your linear corridor rpg. Go and replay it as many times as you want. I have the games that i enjoy and like,i would rather replay Arcanum,Vampire,Gothic 2 or MM 6.

PrettyDeadman

Is it just me, or Linzi just plain sucks as a party member? No damage with bows, not hlep with spells...
I just got octavia, she has 18 dex and 19 int (21 with a headband). Is there any reason to take Linzi other Octavia? I also has orc magus, so i got half-casters covered too...
But I don't even use any spell in battle (not that there are any useful ones as far as I know).

Last edited by a moderator:

Nael

Arcane

sstacks

Arcane
Is it just me, or Linzi just plain sucks as a party member? No damage with bows, not hlep with spells...
I just got octavia, she has 18 dex and 19 int (21 with a headband). Is there any reason to take Linzi other Octavia? I also has orc magus, so i got half-casters covered too...
But I don't even use any spell in battle (not that there are any useful ones as far as I know).

At least at the beginning she's the closest thing you have to a rogue if you don't play one as your character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom