Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HALT!! Daggerfall Thread!

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Daggerfall is superior if you want to play pretend you are in a open world when in reality everything is procedually generated shit with very few tile sets and enemy variety.

baby's first post didn't get any triggers so he had to post it again

Seriously Daggerfall has no fucking appeal unless you want to play pretend you in a fake open world or roleplay you in twilight as a werewolf or vamp.

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
One of my fondest RPG memories comes from crafting a vampiric sword in Daggerfall using ItemMaker. It instantly made the game much easier. OP, yes, but taking down daedra lords with that thing was glorious.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Breaking a game has never been this easy.

Here's some really tiny screenshots of some of my adventures.

8ExCzgU.png

FFcpgxo.png

mqHoqGt.png

zZGfUhR.png

ojUs9AV.png

ku1ZoFu.png

byTdK1C.png

jjFjs5M.png

Esvtufj.png

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
One of my fondest RPG memories comes from crafting a vampiric sword in Daggerfall using ItemMaker. It instantly made the game much easier. OP, yes, but taking down daedra lords with that thing was glorious.

Do you know at which rank this unlocks? Is it Mages Guild?

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
So I should focus on Mage Guild quests for now, seems like a very useful guild to be high rank in. Too bad I keep getting stuck on the damn Imp pet quests. I can never seem to find the Imp the quest giver is looking for. Have failed that same quest twice now. I guess I just need to be more vigilant in my dungeon crawling.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
There's no penalty for rejecting a quest and asking for another one. :M

There are two Mages Guild quests that take place within the Mages Guild building where you receive the quest, one of which starts at midnight and one of which starts immediately upon accepting it. An easy way to boost your reputation with the guild.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Zed's right. I recall finally figuring that out on my own and the knowledge that I didn't have to go looking for those damned imps anymore was a relief. Pick and choose the ones you know will be easier/less tedious.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Amusing things I've encountered, including children who look like men, glitched doors, and stronk black men

odvP6X8.png
lY8sTLI.png

DuA1sN0.png

l64lVWo.png

And one for good luck
txGamYd.png

Dux

Arcane
Ah yes, Daggerfall. I remember getting lost in one dungeon too many, my will finally wavering inside a lavatory or whatever which I had mistaken for a way out; meanwhile a centaur taunted me through the walls.

My body might have escaped that place but my mind sure didn't. Or is it the other way around?

Alkarl

Learned
I love this game, so quirky but so fun.

My fondest memory was getting a quest from the Fighters Guild quest-giver guy by using the TALK option. Right, so, long story short, completing that quest ended up making me LOSE rep with the Fighters Guild.

Really gives the feeling everyone in that world is out for themselves. You can't trust none of those npcs. :lol:

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Ah yes, Daggerfall. I remember getting lost in one dungeon too many, my will finally wavering inside a lavatory or whatever which I had mistaken for a way out; meanwhile a centaur taunted me through the walls.

My body might have escaped that place but my mind sure didn't. Or is it the other way around?

Use Recall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom