Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"This system doesn't work as well as it could so let's replace it with another system that's been proven to be even worse time and time again"--:retarded:

Jezal_k23

MCA's break up with Obsidian song:

About leaving them behind:

I was lost in the cities
Alone in the hills
No sorrow or pity
For leaving
I feel

About the people who disappointed him:

Friends and liars
Don't wait for me
Cause I'll get on
All by myself

And yet...

I put millions of miles
Under my heels
And still too close to you
I feel

Don Peste

Arcane
Per Tech Raptor, in an update summarize this thread:
In a private message, Avellone told us that there’s “likely to be more substantial stuff from my end today or tomorrow”.
Not sure if that's old news.
I heard he's announcing a new book, 'Masters of Obsidian Upper Management: How Two Guys Created an Empire and Transformed RPG Culture'.

2house2fly

Magister
I thought that occurs in the light of Avellone talking about funds from one project being transferred over to another... the voice acting budget in Pillars 2 was increased, the area budget in Pillars 2 was increased... where did the money to do that come from?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Toasting in an epic bread.

89a0133d7b.png

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
I thought that occurs in the light of Avellone talking about funds from one project being transferred over to another... the voice acting budget in Pillars 2 was increased, the area budget in Pillars 2 was increased... where did the money to do that come from?
Spoiler Alert: Five years from now, when they say the final act of The Outer Worlds was a rushed clusterfuck because of publisher interference, it wasn't actually publisher interference.

2house2fly

Magister
I would have thought "previous implementations of this rule set were flawed, but we will definitely get it right the next time" would be a philosophy that a forum about role playing games could get behind

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I would have thought "previous implementations of this rule set were flawed, but we will definitely get it right the next time" would be a philosophy that a forum about role playing games could get behind
It's like trying to replace 3.5 with 4e.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
While no game portal is covering this thread, there is some talking in reddit and twitter. Of course, Obsidian will never speak about this.

It's even better - gossips are much more long lasting than actual articles. :yeah:

But I guess discussing his further actions is really the point where he should stop talking publicly.

Or you should stop discussing his actions, or stop telling him what to do, thank you.

Asking seriously, why do people do such things to themselves?

Mental illnes of some kind.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

We did, up until around the year 2000.

Then Decline2K happened, we saw what "improvement" actually entailed, and we realized we'd prefer to just go back and snuggle with the old stuff, flaws and all. C'est la vie.

serch

Magister
Deowning a founder is far worse than firing an employee, plus health insurance shenanigans, plus leonine non competing and other fucked up conditions on leaving, plus using MCA's familiar problems as leverage,... HAHAHAHAHAHA. I remember when we began to doubt if MCA has turned into a disgrunted, overeacting crybaby, but, oh man, turns out now I'm wondering how he could keep quiet for so long about this shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom