Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

Imoens pet

Prospernaut
Shitposter
Steam fags read the entire fucking interview, or the bits Chris wrote before posting your dumbass posts.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
This is the only thing they can do and its a smart move. In one week no one will remember and the media is happy to talk about deadfire
It's a smart movie if you are coward that is used to self-delusion and don't respect Avellone's work. You should ask fargo if was a good idea blacklisting the Codex. The Codex always remembers.

Phanax

Novice
Patron
How I imagine Chris left Obsidian:

rwEdw6N.gif

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
This is the only thing they can do and its a smart move. In one week no one will remember and the media is happy to talk about deadfire
It's a smart movie if you are coward that is used to self-delusion and don't respect Avellone's work. You should ask fargo if was a good idea blacklisting the Codex. The Codex always remembers.

Oh sure, of course Obsidian will start a fight one week before release a new game. You understand everything, I surrender.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The fact that they were doing this while pimping his name out for the fans and publishers is really the cherry on top lol
The cherry on top are posters taking Obsidian side and still doing their best to pretend that nothing happened, even here on the Codex.
If Chris was indeed strong-armed out of Obsidian, and on top of that - at a point where he missed profits from his share, I can't fathom he wouldn't have some grounds to seek compensation from Obsidian.

He hasn't spoken of the initial conditions under which he became a founder and co-owner of Obsidian. But I guess discussing his further actions is really the point where he should stop talking publicly. All he has said so far was already known by the other party anyway.

Latro

Arcane
No – after raising some questions about company finances and other issues, Feargus de-ownered me (which I didn’t have a choice in) and then told, “but don’t worry, we’ll still allow you to work on Tyranny for us,” and my response was, “that’s okay, you can work on it by yourself.”

Before this seems unusual, de-ownering was actually a common threat tossed around, so it wasn’t specific to me – if any owner raised objections to events going on, the response was often, “you don’t sound like you want to be an owner anymore” and never addressed the actual issues being brought up.

Not surprisingly, this shift in being de-ownered coincided with taking place shortly before the first royalty payments from Eternity came in, which meant that the surviving owners got a much larger share with me de-ownered (I don’t mind that, as I didn’t want royalty payments from Eternity, but I don’t think the other owners deserved royalties, either, except maybe a set amount for Darren for the Backer portal work he put in – the team deserved all of it). It was a good business decision, but not good ethics.

:abyssgazer:

The fact that they were doing this while pimping his name out for the fans and publishers is really the cherry on top lol
:slamdunk:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Kiva Maginn. Who?
Disappointing lack of decline knowledge. Know your enemy. Kiva Maginn, lead designer at Harebrained Schemes. That's right. According to Roguey, Kiva was Kevin until he transtioned during the mid-development of Battletech.

Screenshot_2018_4_29_Kiva_Maginn_Lead_Designer_Harebrained_Schemes_Linked_In.png

The image was quoted by Roguey in another thread. There is also the controversy involving pronouns.
And i get no credit for finding the image :dealwithit:.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Avellone gets de-ownered for bringing up financial issues, but Parker doesn't get de-ownered for having a serial harassing wife, that just figures.

Harold

Arcane
Mood setter

Feargus bursts into the thread, all sweaty and foaming at the mouth.

Feargus: All right, Avellone - what is it you want?

MCA: Just lookin' to serve up some good old-fashioned humble pie.

Feargus: Avellone, don't be a fool. How dare you hit my reputation? And on the Codex of all places?

MCA: That post's for Katrina, and that post's for wrecking my life. I can keep this drunkposting up all day. Now... tell me what else I can't do. You think you can give me orders? Think you have control of this situation?

Vwva11q.jpg

Feargus: Avellone... hold on. I... I'll give myself up, testify, if that's what you want... I can say what happened here... with your mission to incline rpgs...

MCA: And all I have to do is let you go, right? See, that's where you lose my interest.

JWBBnp9.jpg

:drink:

*apologies for my poor drunken mspaint skills

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Chris Avellone I have a question from Russia. )
It's not about things of the past, after all we are all looking into the future.

Is there some particular RPG that you awaiting impatiently, and want to play more than other, maybe even more as a player than game developer?
Next question - is it Disco Elysium?

Grab the Codex by the pussy
LOL
https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/930266212109393921
I used to have the naïve conception HR was there to help. Some in HR do. But the ones that don't can make you lose faith in human nature vs. corporate evil, greed, nepotism, and denial.

is certainly something to keep in mind about anything coming from a current Obsidian employee.
It's all clear now. He didn't fuck Parker and because of that she convinced her husband cuck to ruin Chris. You should've fucked her Chris, clearly.

Viata

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom