Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You can laugh, but they're on track towards easily out-funding Copper Dreams, which is kind of sad.
Isometric. RtwP. Inspired by Baldur's Gate. Pretty backgrounds.

You know how it is...

I'm laughing at the promises of multiple localizations and extensive modding support in particular.

hello friend

Arcane
Could the bonus spellcaster class be the fearsome Erupter, perchance? Or maybe the Exploder?
Nope. Alchemist. He hurls potions.... or drinks them... or both, although that would have messy consequences as a result of millennials playing the game...
Surely you mean the Drinker. Or perhaps even the Hurler. Or maybe Hurler is an advanced class unlocked after some time spent as a Drinker.

Cael

Arcane
Could the bonus spellcaster class be the fearsome Erupter, perchance? Or maybe the Exploder?
Nope. Alchemist. He hurls potions.... or drinks them... or both, although that would have messy consequences as a result of millennials playing the game...
Surely you mean the Drinker. Or perhaps even the Hurler. Or maybe Hurler is an advanced class unlocked after some time spent as a Drinker.
Being able to do both at once would be hilarious because you can be SURE some fucktard millennial would drink the wrong pot and explode themselves and then go whinge on a forum somewhere about how unfair and badly made the game is that they allowed him to accidentally do something like that.

Think of the hilarity and joy that whinge would generate and the number of lives that would be lightened by the laughter.

vazha

Arcane
And then you advance into the prestige class category and become the Alcomist, the master of brewing, drinking, and hallucinations.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh look who's here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/2176564

Halfway there, undead are coming

Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness launched its campaign 5 days ago and more than 50% of its goal has already been reached. This is awesome. We are extremely grateful for your support!

Also, many thanks to Feargus Urquhart from Obsidian for his great suggestions before our Kickstarter launch.

66a833ad6b82ccc45226cc96e613d493_original.jpg

We are halfway there...
55f6a6cd50fee9c503b57f69aeb930c4_original.png

We have received an incredible number of questions--thank you! Our team is working hard to answer all of them. Those of you who asked us about greed and Plant Item mechanics, we ask your patience. We will soon start processing your messages as well.

Since we got several questions about undead 'mechanics' as well, the next update will be a special one, directly from our writer. It will present Animated Undead and Restless Undead, explaining the differences and their impact on gameplay.

d1866cc686dbb15906a0918924d8c0e5_original.png

7f55f497d384e64933d3a5f77d3eab41_original.png

Mustawd

Jinn , I really hope you don't mind me reposting this bro:

Jinn-Today at 7:46 PM
You seem to be in interesting support of Black Geyser .
What up wit that?

Mustardo-Today at 7:46 PM
I feel like it's an honest attempt
to make a BG-like game
from a team that cares
versus a company that just did PoE to survive and not go under

Jinn-Today at 7:46 PM
But you don't even like BG

Mustardo-Today at 7:47 PM
I respect the passion
And I think if Black Geyser does indeed do well
regardless of some janks
it's a good testament to how passionate teams can succeed on passion projects
I think that's a good thing

Just so bros know my agenda.

Jinn

Arcane

No problem at all. I'm interested in this project, but have nothing but hesitation now when it comes to crowd funding. I may need to wait for an actually full release before I give my money to this one.

Mustawd

have nothing but hesitation now when it comes to crowd funding. I may need to way for an actually full release before I give my money to this one.

I honestly think that's fair. Part of me feels like the game will be janky as fack until modders get hold of it. So putting money in it is very speculative. That being said. Jinn , if you had to donate to this project what wouldit be my fren? I'm willing to up my donation by that amount.

Jinn

Arcane
I honestly think that's fair. Part of me feels like the game will be janky as fack until modders get hold of it. So putting money in it is very speculative. That being said. Jinn , if you had to donate to this project what wouldit be my fren? I'm willing to up my donation by that amount.

If I was going to, it'd be at the tier I support most crowdfunding projects: enough to get a digital copy of the game when it's released. Essentially a pre-order. So I think with the Euro conversion that'd be around $20.

Cael

Arcane
No problem at all. I'm interested in this project, but have nothing but hesitation now when it comes to crowd funding. I may need to wait for an actually full release before I give my money to this one.
After the drama, deceit and crappy product that HBS came up with only a weeks ago, this is the responsible way with your money. There are good reasons to never pay a person before he has completed the work and shown you the final product, and HBS highlighted that to us very conclusively. Fans of the BTech franchise gave them money in advance only for HBS to show nothing but contempt and hate for the fans and telling them to fuck off and that they are not allowed.

I will buy this game after it comes out if people find it to be a good game with only minor problems. Giving workmen money in advance only encourages arrogance and shoddy workmanship.

Mustawd

After the drama, deceit and crappy product that HBS came up with only a weeks ago, this is the responsible way with your money. There are good reasons to never pay a person before he has completed the work and shown you the final product, and HBS highlighted that to us very conclusively.

Cael is right. But fuck it. I'm upping my donation by $20 in honor of my internet fren Jinn. I respect his tastes.

Jinn

Arcane
Cael is right. But fuck it. I'm upping my donation by $20 in honor of my internet fren Jinn. I respect his tastes.

Why, thank you for doing such a thing in my honor. Hopes it goes to what will end up being a game I buy and enjoy one day.

ArchAngel

Arcane

This is how I feel as well about this game. I just got a bad feeling about this team based on all the communication here and on Watch so I am not willing to risk my money on their KS.

Viata

Arcane
Also, many thanks to Feargus Urquhart from Obsidian for his great suggestions before our Kickstarter launch.
I can't believe this conversation was real:
Obsidian QA guy is quite possibly the worst dude they could ever decide to work with.
What's next, a writer from Bethesda ?
Makes one wonder how they managed to get him to endorse the black geyser...

- Hi Mr.Urquhart, you might not have heard of us but we're working on a crpg and - for our kickstarter stretch goals - we'd like to know if Mr.Avellone could give us a hand. If I'm not mistaken, he really likes to do that kind of st...

- Avellone is an ass and we won't be working with him ever again.

- huh.. ok. Well maybe Mr.Sawyer or Mr.Cain could possib...

- David Lockwood.

- .. David who ?

- Lockwood. A terrific guy. He's one of the boyz who make sure our games are bug-free.

- ... Alright. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you very much Mr.Urquhart, maybe we could consider fig for our littl...

- *hangs up*

The more I learn about this, the more I deeply love it.

Also, what happened with CptMace?

Mortmal

Arcane
Everyone on CODEX who sees this kickstarter is backing it, so why is there no CODEX FUNDRAISER yet? Imagine we could design a quest or add a character or whatever else.. LET"S GOOOOOO DarkUnderlord Infinitron We could get the CRUSHMASTER in, wearing a prosper mask and equipping rings.
Is this thing from obsidian ? Having evangelists is nice and all, but they should not forget to donate to infinitron@paypal.com .If you want it, you'll have to fund it yourself, anyway no point waiting for a codex fundraiser. It is to give the staff npc with their names for a quick ego boost , never a quest or a feature.
Will back this, i backed poe, i backed torment, maybe in 5 years ill play something...

Mortmal

Arcane
Probably too optimistic indeed, wait for years if its even released.If it is wait a few more months and you can get it for 1$ in an humble bundle.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/2179774

The Dark Side: Monsters and Undead

In the beginning Yerengal knew only peace and harmony. A tranquility of blissful ignorance eroded over the years as the dark, malevolent gods came down and took physical form.

Often formed from unnatural unions between god and mortal, creatures of a vile, perverted nature were spawned. These monsters consumed the innocent and fed on fear...

Left behind when the gods returned to the heavens, these creatures multiplied and spread across all of Yerengal. Even today, they lurk and thrive in the shadows, where only foolish or brave men tread.

358cb05fc3b86a44bd46a015e806c3c6_original.gif

Sewers of Isilbright can be used to reach further areas not for the faint-hearted.

Restless Undead
Restless Undead were one of the first creations of the dark gods in Yerengal. Though many religious texts claim their origins were not deliberate creations, but rather, the unexpected aftermath of godly offense.

Like the name suggests, Restless Undead are mortal souls so wronged in life or so fixated on some aspect of their life, they've come back from the other side. Reanimated corpses or possessed objects, functioning on a purely primal level.

Though not all Restless Undead are hostile, many find the presence of the living offensive and are empowered by their destruction—either by the eating of their flesh, or the absorption of their life-energy. The Restless Undead are indeed extremely dangerous.

26ad7ef9a9f5cd11ca623cdad0760b1d_original.gif

Restless Undead are one of the most resilient and challenging opponents

Animated Undead
Where the Restless Undead come back on their own, or are encouraged to return by some dark unnatural phenomenon, Animated Undead are brought back by direct and deliberate arcane command.

These beings are not bound by their previous life in any way and exist only to serve their master. As the dark arts of animating undead have grown extensively throughout the centuries, so have holy magics to oppose such creatures. The methods of countering Animated Undead are easier and more effective than countering Restless Undead.

For all intents and purposes, Animated Undead are weaker than their Restless Undead cousins. But make no mistake, dark mages and priests of Yerengal often summon these undead minions in mass, where they are more than formidable to even the most battle-hardened party.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't forget Black Geyser!! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/2182367

New add-on for DLCs and expansion packs

We have received several requests for an add-on that includes all future DLCs and expansions (one digital download from each). A great idea! We have just added it:

€15: All Future Expansions/DLCs as Digital Downloads (included in tiers €100 and above)

If you want this add-on, just add €15 ($18) to your existing pledge. For example, if you have chosen tier €16 (early bird download), set your pledge to €31.

At least two major DLCs are planned. We call them expansion packs, because they will offer brand-new content (areas, NPCs, quests, stories, items etc.) with up to 15-20 hours of playtime.

d1866cc686dbb15906a0918924d8c0e5_original.png

ce7138526bfeb0e5c219020529111d06_original.png

Some areas in Rothgor's Realm are part of the plot in the original game. Expansions extend the game with new areas and challenges.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom