Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Big Wrangle

Don't worry fantadomat, they're just displaying the Inland Empire skill in action.

frajaq

Erudite
Only thing I'm worried about the game is length, and even that is a very personal opinion from people to people.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
man the inevitable codex backlash against this game is going to be glorious.

the edge-lords are already sharpening their razors. got a plan for that:

We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in the forums, we shall fight on the shoutbox and the discord, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Elysium, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this studio or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our storyfags beyond the seas, armed and guarded by British Sea Power, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, The New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Only thing I'm worried about the game is length, and even that is a very personal opinion from people to people.
people make much ado about game length, I want to know about its girth. what say you Kasparov, has disco elysium been endowed with breadth to match its depth?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I went and looked at the original and the new cafeteria screenshots side by side. I thought it was gorgeous when I first saw it but they've taken it to the next level.

15491.jpg

hereyago.jpg
Eh. I'm not sold on the smudgy, washed-out style of the new version. Squint and you can barely see the protagonist is there at all. Give me the harsh shadows and heavy saturation of the original look. Watercolors are for children. I do like the larger bird though.

EDIT: You know, Wasteland 2 included a saturation slider right there in the options menu. #justzebrathoughts

Kalarion Obsequious Approbation I have duly edited my earlier post. Please consider rescinding your #badspelling ratings. Thank you.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
man the inevitable codex backlash against this game is going to be glorious.

the edge-lords are already sharpening their razors. got a plan for that:

We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in the forums, we shall fight on the shoutbox and the discord, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Elysium, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this studio or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our storyfags beyond the seas, armed and guarded by British Sea Power, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, The New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.
giphy-1.gif

:fight:

Kaivokz

Arcane
I went and looked at the original and the new cafeteria screenshots side by side. I thought it was gorgeous when I first saw it but they've taken it to the next level.

15491.jpg

hereyago.jpg
Eh. I'm not sold on the smudgy, washed-out style of the new version. Squint and you can barely see the protagonist is there at all. Give me the harsh shadows and heavy saturation of the original look. Watercolors are for children. I do like the larger bird though.

EDIT: You know, Wasteland 2 included a saturation slider right there in the options menu. #justzebrathoughts

Kalarion Obsequious Approbation I have duly edited my earlier post. Please consider rescinding your #badspelling ratings. Thank you.
The character models look a lot less smudgy in the first picture. Esp. main character. He looks washed out in the second one.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not sold on the smudgy, washed-out style of the new version.
The character models look a lot less smudgy in the first picture. Esp. main character. He looks washed out in the second one.
I think you're agreeing with me. The first one is the original art.

You can always crank up the sat on your monitor.
I disapprove of having to change my settings to see the most evocative version of the art!

Of course the true :obviously: solution is to have several variations of all art and display one based on protagonist stats (e.g. higher saturation for a character on drugs, sharper contrast for a character with high perception, etc.)

Kaivokz

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom