Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex is looking for news posters

Is Infinitron doing a good job as a newsposter?

• Yes

• No

• kingcomrade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mortmal

Arcane
Put me in charge.. I have 3 articles ready to go.

12 Ways You Know Your An RPG Player!

TOP 5 GAMES THAT ((GIRLS)) LOVE ON CODEX
(Number 3 Will Shock You!)

SCIENCE Has Found a New Way to Get the TRAP of your Dreams!

We already got that 13 Shocking Facts about Fallout 4 That Will Forever Change the Way You Think about RPGs !
Not even kidding : http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10267

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'm willing to post news about this thread.

Today, in the "Codex is looking for news posters thread", DarkUnderlord expressed skepticism towards the notion that man, by his very nature, needs positive reinforcement. "Some people just want to watch the world burn," the degenerate aussie said at press time, while resting at his palatial summer ranch. "Those are the kind of people we need as newsposters. Weak-ass, pussy-kneed bitches need not apply." He started to add more, but was interrupted by a quick-flying Kickstarter update.
That was a good effort. Keep practising the insults and you might come up with one that works.

Think positivity++

Usually gaming sites do not allow for users to post news or even contact them
Thankfully, developers don't think like retarded forum posters.

I didn't think it was different for the Codex (and why else would I want to contact you). What do people contact you about via that button? News mainly? Threats? Insults?
That and news.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
BTW, the "Contact us" button could be doubled and renamed to "share news" (with red font for better effect) or something like that. When I read "Contact us" button I immediately think it's more about business opportunities (something for advertisers for example) and not the means to post news. Usually gaming sites do not allow for users to post news or even contact them, I didn't think it was different for the Codex (and why else would I want to contact you). What do people contact you about via that button? News mainly? Threats? Insults?

Its been stated on various occasions by various people that you can contact staff if you want news to be posted.

I don't understand why users rather make inconsequential site feedback threads all the time to complain about 'Infinishill' instead of just taking things into their own hands. Its pointless to complain about Infinitrons "powers" when they themselves treat him as if he was the only news poster on this site.
If Codex is supposed to be a community effort and the community is dissatisfied with the news section it can always just send news to VoD or Zed and they usually will post it; either that or maybe the news suck. And one doesn't need the contact formular for that either, just hit them a PM.

And how do I know all this and - more importantly - know this to be a true actual fact in real actuality? Cause I did it myself once; and lo and behold, DU himself posted my news item nobody cared about other than a handful of users who shat on it. Such is life as a productive community member.

Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
And how do I know all this and - more importantly - know this to be a true actual fact in real actuality? Cause I did it myself once; and lo and behold, DU himself posted my news item nobody cared about
3 years ago I've tried PM-ing Tron about possible news (Hard West - turn based game, #47 on Codex top 2012-2016 RPGs - going kickstarter) but his only response was "don't PM me about news, use contact button instead" and he ignored it, didn't post about it. I didn't see a point to do it again via the contact button since the person who decided what was news worthy and what was not has been informed about it. Not sure what was the reason he didn't bother to post it, maybe he thought it wasn't an RPG, maybe he didn't want to waste time writing news or maybe he was waiting on me using contact button.

9FDszjp.png

It was still better than Drog Black Tooth's case where he didn't even get the response back. Maybe these PMs are more often than I think they are.

3 years later I've used the contact.php to inform about Tower of Time, this time I've written something more which could be used as news commentary but Tron also decided it wasn't front page worthy and created a thread about it in General RPG subforum (which I could have done myself). So if not for VentilatorOfDoom it would also be lost.

In both of these cases said games were questionable (more of a strategy than RPG and a Diablo clone) so it didn't surprise me but it does affect the morale if all you send is denied. And let's be honest, if some interesting, incline (or relatively high budget) RPG was emerging Infinitron would be writing news about it so contacting about louder titles is pointless, and apparently contacting about things like super useful mod to a timeless classic are too. So yeah, if not for VoD contact.php would be useless.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, it'd help if you didn't send in shit. I mean just because you need to take a dump doesn't mean you do it in the contact us form.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I see, but as I said, if Infinitron doesn't feel like it, there are many other news posters who have stated quite often that one can ask them if one wants a news item to be posted and who have done so in the past.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
"don't PM me about news, use contact button instead"
You've known about the contact news button for 3 whole years.

Oh wow.

Hey Delt, I was going to ask you on Steam - where I was permitted by God-King Gabe Newell to block that fucking Infinitron kike - do you use any mods on Victoria 2? And if so, which one and why?

Reapa

Doom Preacher
In all fairness to Goral, the poll title shouldn't have been "Is Infinitron doing a good job as a news poster?". It should have been "Should Codex cover more news?"

If the results were positive and admins are okay with that, then the obvious solution would be multiple news posters. They should cover different corners of the RPG industry - AAA titles, indies, ARPG, retrospectives, general company news, mods for classics etc.
We could be like RPG Watch and spam so much news that nobody bothers to comment on any of it and the site ends up feeling dead.

Also we've tried multiple news posters before for specific areas. They end up not posting. Besides, how many people do you see signing up to post news in this thread? Hundreds, thousands, millions?

Has there even been a single person express any interest at all?

Until such time as another person steps forwards, you can complain all you like but nothing will change.
i believe it to be hard to volunteer as a news poster when there are no news. infinitron may be posting crap and omitting some marginally interesting stuff like the arcanum patch which may or may not lure any newfags to the old classic, but there's really nothing else to post news about. i browse a site for newly cracked games at least once a week, and it's full of shit. there's just nothing out there to post about. of course people stop posting when there's nothing to post, with infinitron for some reason being the exception.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
hi.

gosh take weeks off for a school graduation and family to come back and try to sort through all the threads and game news is exhausting so having a news page to be able to get caught up is very helpful and sure must be tiring work and it was the face of the site I found first looking for Pillars information. All the video and interview links were easy to find and even copied to the POE thread too and it is nice to be able to get that information from one site instead of jumping around to find that information so that is why I give my yes vote for a job well done!! tu to Infinitron :hug: because even other games need some coverage between the Deadfire updates and it is a good way to see what else is being made that might interest some of us. :salute:

YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT THIS GUY HAS BEEN DOING FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS

this made me laugh and I get it too but that thread omg :argh: how many pages there are to catch up on wtf-crazy-thread!! :eek:

Thanks,
Sherry
i start laughing before i read your posts. and then i laugh some more. you should definitely volunteer. and if not accepted, then someone (DarkUnderlord ) has no humor.

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
If somebody else volunteered to post a stready stream of news with editorial comments written in halfway coherent, non-autistic English, Infinitron wouldn't have that much influence. It really is that simple.
Candidates may post here, preferably with a sample of news they would like to see on the front page. inXile/Obsidian fanboys (fangirls) need not apply.
i am not willing to post news and i am not willing to post quality opnions or whatever.

But I WILL POST.

Have at you.

You deserve it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom