Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Does this place have a Discord server?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I don't see the appeal of discord. It's like IRC except you have less control and they can ban you if you're undesirable???
> less control
of what? No, more control. You can edit/delete your messages and do more stuff in general.

> they can ban you if you're undesirable
Always happened to me, until I went on the cuckdex discord. There's no thought police there.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
> less control
of what? No, more control. You can edit/delete your messages and do more stuff in general.

Always happened to me, until I went on the cuckdex discord. There's no thought police there.

I'm referring to Discord Inc who have in fact banned undesirables from using their program. Codex is just sliding under their radar at the moment.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
> less control

I'm referring to Discord Inc who have in fact banned undesirables from using their program. Codex is just sliding under their radar at the moment.
Oh, yeah, you refer to the crackdown on some white pride servers.

Welcome to the brave new world, it's happening everywhere, and has nothing to do with Discord in particular. The other day I learned that Epic is dragging to court some 14 year old kid for using cheats. A feek ago, Steam basically shut down steamspy, caved in to publishers demands, fucking us over. Not a week goes by without the entire world sliding a few centimeters deeper into the postmodern abyss.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Welcome to the brave new world, it's happening everywhere, and has nothing to do with Discord in particular.
Wouldn't be a problem with IRC. Can't be on any of the big servers, go small or start your own. :M

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Welcome to the brave new world, it's happening everywhere, and has nothing to do with Discord in particular.
Wouldn't be a problem with IRC. Can't be on any of the big servers, go small or start your own. :M
Eh, host it somewhere, then wait till your hoster receives complaints about the content of your chat. We'll come to that, dw.

Host it at home, then wait till your ISP receives complaints, see yourself disconnected from the internet. In 10 years this will be everyday reality.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Something I have noticed with 99% of discord servers is that they end up being full of braindead attention whore faggots who circlejerk eachother all day long.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Not far off but I think the metafaggotry and attention whoring can be toned down enough by ignoring on the forum while on Discord it's gonna be the entire lifeblood of the server.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Something I have noticed with 99% of discord servers is that they end up being full of braindead attention whore faggots who circlejerk eachother all day long.

I remember some faggot was making demands that developers implement new features entirely for streamers. Man, was I giving him hell! I suggested that features should be made available as a DLC and the price should be based on cost divided by sales, and have not heard from him since.

Ocelot

Learned
I don't see the appeal of discord. It's like IRC except you have less control and they can ban you if you're undesirable???

What the fuck did you do to get banned from the entirety of discord?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom