Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Solanacean

Educated
Cleve, regarding the music still being audible even when it's turned down to 0. In your modified CDXMidi::SetVolume, after calculating the volume parameter for IDirectMusicPerformance::SetGlobalParam, check if the value is less than or equal to -3000 and if it is, change it to -10000 (silence). This is what I mean:

Code:
Vol = -30 * (100 - musicVol); // <= Your code

if (Vol <= -3000) // <= Insert this here
    Vol = -10000; // ...

m_Performance->SetGlobalParam(GUID_PerfMasterVolume, &Vol, sizeof(Vol)); // <= Your code

It should fix this problem once and for all.

Last edited:

makchanka

Arbiter
This is startlingly fast for Cleve. Only a week late on his promise? Jesus. I wonder if he's OK. I guess the manual is still very nearly a year late though, so he's probably alright.

How is being a bitter, bitchy pre-op obsessed with critique working out for you? I can see you are in fact

ULTRA WINNING

About as fine as being known for being a duplicitous old hack whose life's work amounts to a broken, lazy mediocrity and an industry blackball, I'd assume.

You know just as well as everyone else that Grimwah isn't actually interesting at all, beyond being the butt of a decades-old joke. Watching an old man throw sperg tantrums on forums is the real game.

makchanka

Arbiter
Loving all the negativity from people who have jack-shit to showcase. You wanna show someone you're above them, make them your bitch (not in the Romero sense), bring more than just words to the table, go work hard and get some results you benign oxygen wasters.

This only really makes sense if you're talking to Cleve tbh

Dorateen

Arcane
Loaded up from an existing save, no issues here. Running on a Windows 7 machine.

I noticed a character who died in an unfortunate battle way back, is now regaining a point of constitution when the party completes a successful rest. Sweet.

As for any Rhattu thinking they can rob one of our tablets, I say come and claim it! We will turn you into a Popsicle.

dqZxE8f.jpg

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Steam:
i still can't get the game to go full screen on my 1080p monitor. Feel frustrated.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 1 hour ago

Because you need a minimum of 1024x768 to play the game on any system in full screen, sorry. This has been a minimum requirement for Windows since around Win 95. It should not run full screen on any display monitor with less than 1024 pixels horizontal resolution.

Steam:
Thankful for the update, really wish you would fix the music still being very slightly audible even when it's turned down to 0 in the settings though :( (I've reported it a few times). Cheers anyway :)

Fixing this now, I had it tested and working and am just merging the code in now. Another update shortly.

index.php

Arcane
Grimoire 1.2.0.78-R Update
30 April - GOLDEN ERA GAMES
Another small update to address a few critical issues before V2 + Manual come out. This is only to fix issues reported after previous release.

* Sound and music volume controls can be adjusted to turn either or both off
* Experience points drastically reduced to permit easier advancement after level 9
* Monster identification becomes easier the more times you successfully kill any of that monster type
* Tablet robbers got slightly better at solving puzzles to reach tablets
* Gauntlets and gloves have data edited to permit them to work correctly during combat as primary two-handed weapons (intended to be used alone)
* Total AC sums now appear correctly when negative or in excess of 120.
* Vending tokens can be stacked to +126 in machines.

Hopefully this will be a small update that fixes a lot of particularly annoying problems reported by players.

Nyast

Cipher
Steam:
i still can't get the game to go full screen on my 1080p monitor. Feel frustrated.

Because you need a minimum of 1024x768 to play the game on any system in full screen, sorry. This has been a minimum requirement for Windows since around Win 95. It should not run full screen on any display monitor with less than 1024 pixels horizontal resolution.

Wow, what an answer. I feel bad for the player. Cleve doesn't even know what 1080p is. Such an incredibly competent dev.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Cleveland Mark Blakemore
When turned on, NPCS begin to move around the map, some of them look for tablets and will steal them if they manage to get to them before you do. They will carry them for long periods of time until the White Owl takes them away at some point and he will have them when you visit.

Would you go to the place where the tablet was and you'll know you are late to get it? how would you know who got the tablet? do you need to check every NPC in the game?

kintake

Savant
This only really makes sense if you're talking to Cleve tbh
You guys are having so much fun flaming him and getting him riled up, loving it. Just figured I'd join the fray, but I'm naturally drawn towards the most unstable personality, and the 'Thal out of time is like a bipolar droid with a bad motivator unit, fucking loving it, so I'm joining the fray on his side. Also, blobbers were never really my forte, but I can still tell Grimoire is well made, which makes sense considering it's made by a crackerjack; they make the best artists, always have. So considering that; he still has one-up on pretty much every single hater.

Tigranes

Arcane
You silly man, this entire place is a Cleve Support Network dedicated to his success

However, a 'Thal prospers not on praise alone; he takes as his succor the skepticism, the curses, the unfounded allegations of unfinished games, the salt of his enemies. A 'Thal can never truly be at peace; only by regular sparrings with the naysayers can he truly rise to the Herculean task that awaits him, the GRIMOIRE MANUAL.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Cleveland Mark Blakemore
When turned on, NPCS begin to move around the map, some of them look for tablets and will steal them if they manage to get to them before you do. They will carry them for long periods of time until the White Owl takes them away at some point and he will have them when you visit.

Would you go to the place where the tablet was and you'll know you are late to get it? how would you know who got the tablet? do you need to check every NPC in the game?

This was answered here - sort of:

The option to activate TABLET ROBBERS is working but this is still being fine tuned and may exhibit some irregularities. No matter what happens, you can still get the tablets from The White Owl later in the game no matter who steals them away initially! It is likely additional information will be added to some of the spells to tell you who has what tablets and where they are going in the game. Some of this code was commented out for years and has only recently been commented back in. With more debugging and testing there may be multiple targets for sequestration of tablets robbed from caches, there is existing data now in the editor for the map that is not used to implement this very feature. For example, a Rhattu stealing a tablet and hiding it in Nerukruel Pyramid instead of it being collected by the White Owl eventually. All this is being implemented in V2 without disturbing existing savegames.

The easiest way to do it is like in Wizardry 7 where there is a spell that tells you who has what tablets in their possession. This is a part of the spell that tells you where each NPC is, which is already implemented in Grimoire. If some NPC's hide tablets in other places, then I guess the spell should tell you the new location of the tablet instead.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Cleveland Mark Blakemore

This was answered here - sort of:

The option to activate TABLET ROBBERS is working but this is still being fine tuned and may exhibit some irregularities. No matter what happens, you can still get the tablets from The White Owl later in the game no matter who steals them away initially! It is likely additional information will be added to some of the spells to tell you who has what tablets and where they are going in the game. Some of this code was commented out for years and has only recently been commented back in. With more debugging and testing there may be multiple targets for sequestration of tablets robbed from caches, there is existing data now in the editor for the map that is not used to implement this very feature. For example, a Rhattu stealing a tablet and hiding it in Nerukruel Pyramid instead of it being collected by the White Owl eventually. All this is being implemented in V2 without disturbing existing savegames.

The easiest way to do it is like in Wizardry 7 where there is a spell that tells you who has what tablets in their possession. This is a part of the spell that tells you where each NPC is, which is already implemented in Grimoire. If some NPC's hide tablets in other places, then I guess the spell should tell you the new location of the tablet instead.
Yeah in wizardry it made sense, IIRC you would cast a spell to see who has the map then cast a spell to see where he is and even then it was not mandatory, but if I get this right currently in Grimoire you must get the tablet and you can't tell where it is, so it does not make sense to activate the feature ( which is probably why it was turned off in the first place )

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I agree and the whole "waiting forever until the owl has them all" is not really a great solution either. Simply finding out with a spell who has the tablets and where they are is much better.

In Wizardry 7, it is just one spell that does both (Locate Person) and you could also ask friendly NPC's about the location of other NPC's and who has what tablet. Also, NPC's of the same race knew much more about each other and much less about NPC's of other races.

Generic-Giant-Spider

When 2.0 comes do any of you know if it'll merge into current saves or if you need to restart a new file to get access to the new in-game stuff? Sorry if it has been addressed, but I've been spending more time on Grimoire lately during my free time and am curious if I should 'wait' on my progression so I can get the greatest value from a playthrough or if I can continue on and see the new integrated areas and such when it rolls around.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Steam:
seems like this update has broken the game for me... went to go play and it now has it set to the smallest possible window sizing and stays a blackscreen...... cant adjust the gonfig files outside of the game making it impossible for anyone to fix, have un-installed and re-installed to try if that fixes it and nothing.... seriously need to fix this game man, cant believe i bought this game and had to wait for fixes just to play it and now this....

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 5 hours ago
Tilaras, this isn't a bug report. It's stream of consciousness incoherent ranting. Report your bug legitimately on the community forum in the appropriate thread and I will have a look at it immediately. If it is genuine I will try to fix it as quickly as I can. Describe your problem in detail using complete sentences and it can be fixed. Just complaining and cursing on this update thread isn't working.

Dorateen

Arcane
Indeed. Loaded up the new update last night, and had none of this window-sizing, blackscreen nonsense. Makes you wonder what kind of non-Grimoire compatible hardware that steam critter is using.

The Armor Class bug appears to be fixed. From what I gather, TAC is now capped at 125 so there is no numeric roll over. (Thus preventing the reset to 000.) And the localized armor classes can still be increased as well as the other categories of protection. They are probably capped at 125, too. But will have to test when I find better equipment.

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 2 hours ago

V2 and the manual will be released at the same time. I am maintaining two versions at present and the second version has all the V2 changes. Unless a really prominent issue rears there will only be one more update before the V2 version and that is to address feedback from 1.2.0.80 update.

makchanka

Arbiter
Steam:
seems like this update has broken the game for me... went to go play and it now has it set to the smallest possible window sizing and stays a blackscreen...... cant adjust the gonfig files outside of the game making it impossible for anyone to fix, have un-installed and re-installed to try if that fixes it and nothing.... seriously need to fix this game man, cant believe i bought this game and had to wait for fixes just to play it and now this....

Tilaras, this isn't a bug report. It's stream of consciousness incoherent ranting. Report your bug legitimately on the community forum in the appropriate thread and I will have a look at it immediately. If it is genuine I will try to fix it as quickly as I can. Describe your problem in detail using complete sentences and it can be fixed. Just complaining and cursing on this update thread isn't working.

Anyone who abuses ellipses like that is either a 12-year-old or a filthy weeb. Watching Cleve torment one of those tardlings is satisfying.

RPK

Scholar
Steam:

Anyone who abuses ellipses like that is either a 12-year-old or a filthy weeb. Watching Cleve torment one of those tardlings is satisfying.

yes, tormenting is exactly what paying customers deserve!

makchanka

Arbiter
Steam:

yes, tormenting is exactly what paying customers deserve!

This is like people who claim that just because someone's black or whatever they can do no wrong. People who communicate like they have major head trauma and just stepped out of Happy Happy Kawaii Robot Princess Love Tentacle Pedophile XII deserve torment.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Being a paying customer shouldn't absolve you from being called a dumbfuck.

But I'm poor so I'm not a good example.

makchanka

Arbiter
Being poor just means you haven't had your ass wiped for you all your life tbh

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom