Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Call of Saregnar - a Betrayal at Krondor-inspired RPG

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Just finished texturing a shop.

fA3RqVi.png

Even though this looks gorgeous (and it does), I have to ask what the deal is with the bushes on the side of the building. Am I missing some detail that I can't see in this picture why there would be plants and leaves growing out the side of the building? It looks almost like the model was placed over a tree on accident.

Mustawd

Just finished texturing a shop.

fA3RqVi.png

Even though this looks gorgeous (and it does), I have to ask what the deal is with the bushes on the side of the building. Am I missing some detail that I can't see in this picture why there would be plants and leaves growing out the side of the building? It looks almost like the model was placed over a tree on accident.

Maybe it’s supposed to be like this?

House on the right.

idyllic-swiss-village-wood-work-shutters-flowerboxes-historical-houses-switzerland-stonework-medieval-houses-traditional-64934991.jpg

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
The climbing ivy (a vine actually) does look borderline acceptable as a 2D tex instead of a deeper 3D model, I know, but as long as I know it is, I can live with that. ;)

And thanks for all the fists! :)

V_K

Arcane
I don't have a problem with the house as it is, but it would be easier to identify the plant if there were a couple more vines going to the ground and/or if they were of slightly different color than the timber.

Mustawd

Agree with V_K. It doesn't particularly stand out to me though. Just more of an improvement IMO.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Have you never heard of climbing ivy?

Doesn't it usually climb from the ground? The image above makes it look like it sprouted out of the side of the building.

I mean, I don't know, it could be some kind of clever mimic-building that took a half-level in treant that feeds on hapless wanderers who decide to stop in for the night, but I doubt that's what was intended.

hello friend

Arcane
Have you never heard of climbing ivy?

Doesn't it usually climb from the ground? The image above makes it look like it sprouted out of the side of the building.

I mean, I don't know, it could be some kind of clever mimic-building that took a half-level in treant that feeds on hapless wanderers who decide to stop in for the night, but I doubt that's what was intended.
Could be a rare leaping ivy.

Epsilon

Cipher
Looks great and features sounds great too. I just hope the VO is limited. Especially for a production at this kinda level.

Lagi

Savant
i'm mostly impress that the costume of models does not looks like shit, and the "photo-realistic" actors are nice [hope they dont have lots of animation frames - same as in doom could be ok].

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Thank you bros! And thanks for the prestigious developer tag, will try to live up to expectations.

Looks great and features sounds great too. I just hope the VO is limited. Especially for a production at this kinda level.

Thanks! There will be no VO at all, but perhaps narration between chapters.

i'm mostly impress that the costume of models does not looks like shit, and the "photo-realistic" actors are nice [hope they dont have lots of animation frames - same as in doom could be ok].

There are/will be typically about 5 frames of animation per character orientation (8 orientations total). Then it depends on the type of animation, but generally I don't plan to have them too smooth.

That's Rhuantavan's game.

Rhuantavan, workshop or GRPG?

Either is fine, but perhaps GRPG will get more views? ;)

This looks amazing. Keep up the good work. You'd better fucking finish this.

Worry not, unless I die, this will get finished.

ushas

Savant
Oh this looks very promising. Fingers crossed!
Re photographic characters, I know BaK was criticized a lot for that, but... a kind of always liked them:)

Yeah, with those costumes it looked a bit unprofessional there, but in the same time was getting a vibe of an adventure that doesn't take itself totally deadly seriously, without them doing some breaking 4th wall jokes or what not.

The Old Kiwi

Educated
BaK remains an all-time favorite of mine. I'm very surprised that I had overlooked this thread until now! In addition to using the national bird of my birthplace for an eMail and forum ID persona, I have also frequently used "Gorath" in honor of the Betrayal at Krondor character!

Hurry, hurry, please!

Lagi

Savant
if you gonna include more exhibit chicks than this one, I'm not play your "nude bait". Half-naked females dont even fit to your game.
and guys come on, I can not be the only one who hate when his mind is shift away from game, due to lechery.

=============
if you do all actors from photos, how you do other races? is your costume budget big enough to cover different cultural equipment?

and monsters? you will resize your pet iguana, parrot and mouse, and replace some limbs?

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Thanks for all the heartwarming responses, it sure made my day.

As for the chicks thing, yes that one is a bit of a bait, but that's as far as the game will go skin-exposing-wise. I agree with Lagi on the whole ":bounce: has no place in RPGs" thing, so go and take a cold shower bros.
:buildawall:

Lagi

Savant
Finding new equipment brings significant benefits as the difference between the old and new is now actually noticeable.
this stinks a lot with power-creep

You’ll be pleased to find that giant rats and slimes have been evicted from this universe.
i hope the world fauna would include instead Liz-scorpo-eagles.
IT-4ebd2f88aa01d.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom