Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic VII turn-based combat question

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Found it.

Dux

Arcane
One thing worth noting about MM6 and MM7 is that while in turn-based mode many of your non-damaging offensive spells will not work. Like Stun, for example. Maybe one of the unofficial patches fixed it, I can't remember.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am curious,do people actually use the turn mode? Being in free mode is far more easy to play and dodge attacks.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I do, for about 90% of the fights. I hate the FPS, Doom-like fighting that so many here enjoy. I'm too old-school M&M for that I guess.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I think real time is only useful for easy enemies like rats. When shit goes down, it's much easier to handle the situation in TB.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I think real time is only useful for easy enemies like rats. When shit goes down, it's much easier to handle the situation in TB.
:whatho:
You can kill the first dragon at level 1 by strafing ,therefore it is easier in freemode.
I tried it and it didn't work. Simply strafing wasn't enough to dodge the attacks, I had to turn 90 degrees, run, turn back and shoot and then run again. This was tedious and after 10 minutes I only took 10% off his health. Had to abandon the idea.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:whatho:
You can kill the first dragon at level 1 by strafing ,therefore it is easier in freemode.
I tried it and it didn't work. Simply strafing wasn't enough to dodge the attacks, I had to turn 90 degrees, run, turn back and shoot and then run again. This was tedious and after 10 minutes I only took 10% off his health. Had to abandon the idea.
It is a tricky fight if you are not very experienced with the latter MM games. You could kill it in 10 minutes,you just have get the rhythm. Run in cyrcles and shoot at him that right moment when hi is just about to stop and shoot at you. It is about 3 seconds interval,saving when you are behind the small hill is a good idea,oh and buffing yourself on all the pedestals around the island and don't forget the wand from the peasant.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Is there a place where I can store stuff and return to it later and find it intact? Maybe some special chest once I restore the castle?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Is there a place where I can store stuff and return to it later and find it intact? Maybe some special chest once I restore the castle?
Yes,there is quite a lot of chests in the castle that don't reload. Also you can just throw it on the floor from what i remember.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
I always played probably 95% of the fights in real time, sometimes if it was a hard fight I would use turn based.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So I'm expert in everything that I need to be in and I have all the spells for the Expert level.

Wizard
bdd4cc20a5da6df7b53c010772fe69b9.png

Cleric
c7836c004362e817f1c21bb4fdf4d943.png

Paladin
6f4f7061ea22c27d544cf269142501ae.png

Thief
72e43a4a7e2088bdd5c38ead5dacab1e.png

I went to see the dwarves feeling confident that I can handle their quest. They sent me to the red dwarf mines in NE Bracuda.

Bracuda almost kicked my ass with their flying griffons. I made it to the cave and almost got killed at the entrance. My mage isn't doing much damage to the slimes with his fire spells, and I even enchanted everyone's weapons with fire, and we only managed to kill 1-2 oozes per try. We had to go out and rest 3 times and I'm still not past the first chamber.

This isn't working out. I went back to Harmondale to regroup and think.

How am I supposed to proceed? Need to grind some more exp, get a master in fire magic??

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I didn't even suspect that dual wield even existed. Ouch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom