Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Platter website... it even hosted a mirror of the official PST website. So many years have passed.

Did Drog seriously say thanks for this beamdog piece of crap? Holy fuck you complain about mods yet you didn't even take a look at one of them. All you have to do is this:

> Download BWS
> Click on the icon
> Select planescape as the game to be modded
> Select the "recommended list"
> Click ok

Hard to do a few clicks? holy fuck you asked for money to make a patch for arcanum, now I understand the why, you use it to buy crap yet you complain about Multiverse edition developers being crackheads

better to spend some money on drugs instead of beamdog stuff mate, you should try ectasy too

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Spotted this :Mmodder drama:M today.

Straight talk, I'm steamed at Beamdog on two grounds. One was including work me and Platter6 did years ago bugfixing Planescape Torment when going in completely blind on how the game worked and only crediting the guy that picked it back up later

The other is Siege of Dragonspear

Hell I'm not even anon. My fucking name is right there. Nope they used our work and made money off it without even acknowledgement in the credits or anything. And that was at least a year out of our lives. So seriously, fuck Beamdog.

Typical Beampup thievery.

This is standard Beamdog Operating Procedure. They contact active people in the community and collaborate with them on games they are fixing up. They did it with aVENGER for BG. They did it with the NWNX team for NWN:EE and hired a few of them as contractors. Then they did it with the current person working on the planescape patches.

You can't expect Beamdog to go hunt down every weeb on Twitter and ask them permission.. It's a mod of an intellectual property that Beamdog now has the rights to.

--
Also:
What did he actually work on with that "year of his life"

I read through the changes, they are all tiny little fixes here and there.
"Changed +2 AC to +3"

Does he expect a handy from Trent or something? Try emailing them and asking them for a credit.
What a Sperg.

Last edited:

Brancaleone

Liturgist
This is standard Beamdog Operating Procedure. They contact active people in the community and collaborate with them on games they are fixing up. They did it with aVENGER for BG. They did it with the NWNX team for NWN:EE and hired a few of them as contractors. Then they did it with the current person working on the planescape patches.

Let's not forget that IWD:EE is basically the 'IWD in BG2' conversion by David Wallace (the author of Sword Coast Stratagems) and CamDawg, which they had almost complete in 2013. I remember reading in the GibberlingsThree forum David Wallace saying that they had decided to give it to Beamdog for free.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Let's not forget that IWD:EE is basically the 'IWD in BG2' conversion by David Wallace (the author of Sword Coast Stratagems) and CamDawg, which they had almost complete in 2013. I remember reading in the GibberlingsThree forum David Wallace saying that they had decided to give it to Beamdog for free.

All the people in my example, Beamdog actually paid money to or hired on as contractors. AFAIK.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
More like Apostle
meh.png

Silva

Arcane
Beamdog being cunts or not, playing this at high-res with zoom, at 50 fps, and mods compatibility, I can't never go back to vanilla.

By the way, anyone noticed any serious bugs playing it on 50fps ?

Cross

Arcane
Beamdog being cunts or not, playing this at high-res with zoom, at 50 fps, and mods compatibility, I can't never go back to vanilla.
Yes, how could we ever go back to playing PS:T without Beamdog's incredible artistic enhancements:

A screenshot of the vanilla inventory screen

695400-planescape-torment-windows-screenshot-this-inventory-screen.png

A screenshot of the 'enhanced' inventory screen

ss_4e0dd0b8b61cb087bbcbfae916509d42b7ccaf09.1920x1080.jpg

Silva

Arcane
For the first time Ravel actually tried to kill me instead of letting me go. It was kinda scary. I wonder if my low charisma is the reason.

Oh, I don't remember Dakkon blade changing at al before. Now it turned into a "streaming blade" bluish in color and he turned into a killing machine (-12 AC). My strat for farming levels is sending him alone in Undersigil to clear everything for me.

Oh 2: Vhailor is AWESOME, I've never got him until now. The tension of having him always questioning you, and also taking initiative at times (he jumped at Trias before I could stop him), is quite refreshing from the other companions.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Since the currency is copper pieces (cp) and referred to in the game often enough, that really should be obvious to everyone.

makchanka

Arbiter
Jesus Christ, 86 pages of autistic screeching because a company put a tranny as a minor character in one of their games one time a few years ago. The EE is perfectly fine. I paid for it because I wanted to show the game to friends without having to do two hours of labor downloading mods and tweaking shit just to get the game to fucking run.

I think gamergate made people retarded. The gay agenda isn't real, you hand-flapping mongoloids.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I paid for it

You got RIPPED, son. :lol:

because I wanted to show the game to friends without having to do two hours of labor downloading mods and tweaking shit just to get the game to fucking run.

For this zoological specimen, it takes 2 hours to download and install ddrawfix.

I think gamergate made people retarded.

It's funny when retards try to call other people retards. :lol:

Fairfax

Arcane
Sigil has all kinds of currencies. Torment's "copper commons" were just a way to standardize a currency for the game.

From In The Cage - A Guide To Sigil:
PAYMENT. Merchants accept any standard form of currency, though some may balk at metal coins other than silver or gold. If a merchant sells salt for 1 sp per pound and refuses to accept copper, a buyer wishing to purchase only a half-pound may have to buy more than he needs or forfeit his change. Some merchants’ll trade for merchandise of equivalent value. For example, a clothing dealer might accept a pound of pepper nuts (worth 2 gp) in payment for a pair of linen gloves (also worth 2 gp). A livestock dealer might trade a calf (worth 5 gp) for a pig (3 gp) and a sheep (2 gp). If the values aren’t equivalent, and the buyer still wants to make a trade, values favor the merchant (a signal whistle valued at 8 sp will cost the buyer two knives worth 5 sp each). Values might favor a buyer who intimidates or impresses the merchant (as determined by the DM), or if the merchant needs to make a sale.

Planescape Campaign Setting:
When it comes to currency, Sigil’s got a real “go for it” attitude. The merchants have worked hard to make it easy to spend jink. They’ll accept standard coinage from most any place, so long as it’s gold and silver. A gold coin from Toril’s not much different from one of Oerth’s gold pieces. ’Course, the DM can use differences in size, weight, and rarity as excuses to haggle (“It’ll cost double. That jink’s tiny, not a proper size at all.”). A PLANESCAPE campaign’s not about exact money-changing - any player who wants that might as well go be a banker , - so the type of coin folks use can just be treated as normal gold, silver, and copper pieces. Sure it may be minted in the likeness of hideous Juiblex, but gold is gold.

IIRC merchants often accept gems as well, but I couldn't find a source.

makchanka

Arbiter
For this zoological specimen, it takes 2 hours to download and install ddrawfix.

If that's the only mod you run then you've got shit for taste.

It's funny when retards try to call other people retards. :lol:

Let me put it this way: I'd rather have head trauma than full-blown shit-flinging downs. I like beamdog because beamdog makes it less of a headache to play the games I like. Who cares if they virtue signal some gay shit. That's just what you're going to get these days with modern anything. It's annoying but who really cares. If you want to act like a screeching retard because a tranny gave you a scary boner one time, that's your problem.

Keppo

Arbiter
I want to play this game on core difficulty, but there is only slider from 1 to 5. What is core difficulty in Planescape Torment? Please help.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom