Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Black Geyser erupts on Kickstarter

ortucis

Prophet
When I saw the title of the article, I had flashbacks of walking into a gay bar. What a title indeed.

Tell us more. It'll probably have far better plot than the drivel on Kickstarter page for this game.

Were there law-abiding citizens who ended up as desperate outlaws prone to attack, in the bar?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I finally realized who the voice over in the above gameplay video sounds like.

"Hi, Elliot Rodger here......."

- Has a walk toggle out of the box
- Ambient audio which you can actually hear
- Heroes who kill fireflies with axes and don't give a single fuck
- Voiceovers include lines such as "How can I help?" and "As you wish", instead of generic "Uh-uh?" for selection and "Ugh" for commands.
- WarCraft I level of attack animations, uniform attack and recovery times.
- No "+0.3sec duration, +15% damage" bullshit.

Already better than PoE. Prepare your buttholes for the Black Geyser!

V_K

Arcane
"Greed is corrupting" sounds as surprisingly anti-Western philosophical and historical concept.
It just going against the minds of western people, doesn't look like it will be popular.
vatnik.png
talking about Western mentality - that's almost as rich as this kickstarter.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Was gonna be a hard pass until I saw the undead miser tier. No wait, I misread. It is not a horde of monsters who follow an undead miser. It is the HOARD of an undead miser. You can choose, from a predefined set of options, the objects that some dead peasant scrooge is emotionally attached to.
:keepmyjewgold:

Jokes aside, the guy seems to actually be trying to make a game, and he's accomplishing a surprising amount (surprising, given my first impressions from the initial thread posted on the codex). A few games are best enjoyed with a clear mind--challenging tactical games, games with philosophical stories. Most games are best enjoyed with an ample supply of alcohol. Games to be played in an altered state. Anime WEEABO stories are much more entertaining when impaired. It almost replicates the sort of jollity you could experience as a child. I'll put in a pledge and assign this to the "games to play while intoxicated" category of my steam library.

Bohr

Arcane
I wonder if the dev evangelist will return now there's pledges to harvest :shittydog:

Mustawd

If Geyser hits a world record someday; though I'm ready to offer insider infos and offer my face.

:shredder: Thank you Black Geyser.

EDIT: I like how she referred to it as simply "Geyser". Cuz at this point we all know what she's referring to.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Someone just unloaded 4k EUR of Black Geyser straight into Kickstarter face. I hope it was real and not just someone's wet night dream.

I put my modest 16 EUR of load yesterday hoping for successful gamble.

I finally realized who the voice over in the above gameplay video sounds like.

"Hi, Elliot Rodger here......."

- Has a walk toggle out of the box
- Ambient audio which you can actually hear
- Heroes who kill fireflies with axes and don't give a single fuck
- Voiceovers include lines such as "How can I help?" and "As you wish", instead of generic "Uh-uh?" for selection and "Ugh" for commands.
- WarCraft I level of attack animations, uniform attack and recovery times.
- No "+0.3sec duration, +15% damage" bullshit.

Already better than PoE. Prepare your buttholes for the Black Geyser!

honestly the game looks pretty good, I must admit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom