Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BATTLETECH - turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes

Cael

Arcane
You want a man's game, you play RUGBY

Football is more violent than rugby or american football.
The statistics say there are way more injuries, injuries with everlasting effects and deaths.
:)
Yeah. Just the mere thought of wanting to play roundball is outright brain damage territory :D

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
It really does need performance patch.
For some obscure reason game won't let me save when "event" is coming; infuriating.

I'm going to wait for those patches for now.
Gotta mess around more with current version of Vigilantes and there is backer version of Phoenix Point coming.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I have a modest rig, but I made sure to put this on my SSD. The load times are negligible. Takes me about as long to fire up the game and load a save as Witcher3 for instance, though W3s quick loads are quite fast on a SSD(seconds).

This takes maybe 30-40 seconds to load levels, etc. Sometimes going back to debrief takes a few seconds longer. Definitely needs some graphics optimization and sure a little on the load times. There are some twitches.

And, I played it enough last night to forget about two of my Dominions5 turns. That's pretty cool(sorry guys). Most of the early random missions are kinda shit and boring and easy. Go kill a couple Locusts and some APCs for easy cash. But the harder missions....they get fun. Had to do a convoy raid with Lance support(the payout was huge and I hadn't had a hard mission yet). Not only was the Lance heavier than my mechs in tonnage, but the convoy was packed with Bulldogs and an SRM carrier. It was also a race to the extraction point where a dropship came in. The whole time I'm trying to sprint/dodge to get to the convoy, an enemy lance is attacking from the side. Made me take risks.

One of my original Mechwarriors got tripped up near the dropship trying to get the last couple tanks. The AI kept blasting him that turn while he was on his back, then the SRM carrier rolled up right next to him and unloaded 40 missiles. Cored him, incapacitated, mission debrief is KIA. Dead and gone.

It was awesome.

Edit: Oh yeah, the convoy got away with only 50% casualties(killed the enemy Lance). So my payout was.....$23k, with no salvage because I failed.

The cored mech and pilot cost me about $200k, by themselves. This was when I had about 1mil in the bank. Ouch.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
you can change the camo pattern in mech lab but I cant't see the mech properly, especially the small ones. is there a way to see them otehrwise?

gestalt11

Arbiter
Yeah I refunded the game on steam. I am just tired of political douchebags. I don't care what the politics are, you put it in a game I don't buy it. I just wish these arrogant fucks could leave my pastimes alone.

gestalt11

Arbiter
Someone said Glitch is a trans but I have not seen the pronoun in her character details and nothing about it is in her background info.

Behemoth was modeled and named after a real life trans "comic writer" kiva is friends. They had to change the name when that person got into a controversy by wishing a particular Vet he had a beef with had died in IED and then called all vets cryptofacists. Then a few days later made fake allegations that the guy he had a beef with had been dishonorably discharged and charge with domestic violence. Which was easily shown to be completely false. This was initially played off as a conspiracy theory but they essentially admitted it in a reddit thread and then changed the name (not the picture or anything else).

So Behemoth is pretty clearly meant to be trans. Whether Glitch is I don't know of anything in the game that would show that so it would seem to be solely head canon if it were.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Someone said Glitch is a trans but I have not seen the pronoun in her character details and nothing about it is in her background info.

Behemoth was modeled and named after a real life trans "comic writer" kiva is friends. They had to change the name when that person got into a controversy by wishing a particular Vet he had a beef with had died in IED and then called all vets cryptofacists. Then a few days later made fake allegations that the guy he had a beef with had been dishonorably discharged and charge with domestic violence. Which was easily shown to be completely false. This was initially played off as a conspiracy theory but they essentially admitted it in a reddit thread and then changed the name (not the picture or anything else).

So Behemoth is pretty clearly meant to be trans. Whether Glitch is I don't know of anything in the game that would show that so it would seem to be solely head canon if it were.
Does not matter to 99.9% of players who don't know any of this. In the game the character is not described as trans and does not act as one.

gestalt11

Arbiter

Does not matter to 99.9% of players who don't know any of this. In the game the character is not described as trans and does not act as one.

Um OK. I don't care about this issue at all. You were the one asking if anyone was trans. The only thing I care about is avoiding the childish dumbassery that is american politics when I am playing a game. I guess that isn't an option anymore.

gestalt11

Arbiter
Yeah I refunded the game on steam. I am just tired of political douchebags. I don't care what the politics are, you put it in a game I don't buy it. I just wish these arrogant fucks could leave my pastimes alone.

You must be fun at parties.

I am just done, I used to just move on and ignore the stupidity. But I am just done. I got better things I can spend my time on. But I think your statement applies to them more than me. They are the ones inserting shit most people don't want to deal with when they are having fun. Its the ultimate fun conversation killer, start talking about politics. The guys who made this game are basically the person everyone pretends isn't talking when a conversation is going on.

Its possible I am not fun at parties, but I'd rather be that than a complete kill joy. Yet I am not making things meant to be fun and they are.

Last edited:

Thane Solus

Arcane

Not an argument. He is right. At the same time the game seems nice, so after a few patches, myself, i will buy it at a very low price, due to this degeneracy, otherwise i would've buy it now, full price.

gestalt11

Arbiter
For fuck's sake. Please tell me I'm missing a very obvious option to have the mech rotate on place because the reason I can't hit those turrets is because I ended up facing away from them when I moved. And I don't care, this is retarded beyond any imaginable way.
:retarded:
You are missing a somewhat non-obvious feature, you can grab the circle on the ground of where you will move them and rotate a certain degree depending how far you are moving. It should have a small triangle showing which way you will be facing. I think jump jets can let you rotate more.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Rotate in place IS obvious, if you read the manual. :smug:

And yeah, jump jets let you rotate freely with no restriction. Great for angling your weak armor away or trying to hit someone's weak side.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Um OK. I don't care about this issue at all. You were the one asking if anyone was trans. The only thing I care about is avoiding the childish dumbassery that is american politics when I am playing a game. I guess that isn't an option anymore.
And you didn't give me a trans. You gave me some story from game's development that means zero in the released game. IN THE GAME none of the characters are trans.

gestalt11

Arbiter

And you didn't give me a trans. You gave me some story from game's development that means zero in the released game. IN THE GAME none of the characters are trans.

You are assuming their gender and are therefore a garbage human. Trans people don't have to be "They". Trans people can choose any pronoun they want. At least in parts of Canada.

Bohr

Arcane
Hints for head hunting

4htE69JZ_o.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Hahaha,i had a sneaking suspicions that those cucks could do some shit like this. That is why i just fired all the pilots day one.

Also why is this thread filled with that many tranny degenerates?!

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Hahaha,i had a sneaking suspicions that those cucks could do some shit like this. Tjat is why i just fired all the pilots day one.

Also why is this thread filled with that many tranny degenerates?!
Not sure, but they have to be the most insecure people on the planet if they have to yell at everyone they come across that they are trannies. I thought "Hi, I'm a tranny!" of Dragonspear was bad enough, but it seems that trannies everywhere (in the degenerate West, anyway) is now emulating that kind of retarded greeting. Never enter into their heads that other people do consider talking about their privates a bit... I don't know, PRIVATE???

Cael

Arcane
Seems reasonably festive over there, must be pleased with reviews, numbers and reception so far

I hope whoever it is that HBS was partnered with takes note of the twittering. And anyone else who is thinking of partnering with them. Rejoicing over trolling potential customers and losing sales is not something that I would want in my BUSINESS partner...

Cael

Arcane

More fun than you, that's for sure. Last I looked, telling everyone you are a tranny and how good it is to be a tranny and asking if everyone else agreed or you throw a tantrum is NOT fun for everyone else.

lightbane

Arcane
Seems reasonably festive over there, must be pleased with reviews, numbers and reception so far

I like how the SJW lunatics are invariably ugly here. Also what Cael said: Insulting your customers is NOT a good idea.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hints for head hunting

4htE69JZ_o.png

^LoL at this shit.

A moment ago in the mechlab I was wondering why the fuck should I use a LRM10 instead of two LRM5 because LRM10 has the same damage, stability damage and heat output as 2xLRM5 but weights 1 tone fuckin more.

1 LRM10 should be lighter than two LRM5 put together you fuckin idiots of designers that you are! :argh:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hints for head hunting

4htE69JZ_o.png

^LoL at this shit.

A moment ago in the mechlab I was wondering why the fuck should I use a LRM10 instead of two LRM5 because LRM10 has the same damage, stability damage and heat output as 2xLRM5 but weights 1 tone fuckin more.

1 LRM10 should be lighter than two LRM5 put together you fuckin idiots of designers that you are! :argh:
Lack of hardpoints? No need for 2 ammo like 2 lrm5 need?

Cael

Arcane
Hints for head hunting

4htE69JZ_o.png

^LoL at this shit.

Unfortunately, you can't blame HBS for that one. That is a relic of TT.

LRM5 = 2 tons, 1 crit, 2 heat
LRM10 = 5 tons, 2 crits, 4 heat
LRM15 = 7 tons, 3 crits, 5 heat
LRM20 = 10 tons, 5 crits, 6 heat

LRM5 is the most efficient in terms of tonnage. LRM10 and LRM15 in terms of crits. LRM20 in terms of heat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom